Clean screenshot alias

General help and assistance forum.
charcola
New User

Clean screenshot alias

Post by charcola » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:16 am

I used to use the ancient Skulltag expansion pack almost solely for the built-in clean screenshot function, as listed in the ZDOOM wiki, something like this:

Code: Select all

alias	savescrn	"set ep_screenblocks $screenblocks; set ep_crosshair $crosshair; 
                         set ep_show_messages $show_messages"
alias	resetsrn	"r_drawplayersprites 1;crosshair $ep_crosshair;
                         screenblocks $ep_screenblocks;show_messages $ep_show_messages"
alias	hidescrn	"r_drawplayersprites 0;screenblocks 12;crosshair 0;show_messages 0"
alias	cleansrn	"savescrn;hidescrn;wait;screenshot;wait;resetsrn"
but with the new security(which I get, having had my settings be really messed with after joining a few random servers using mods that weren't coded very well) it doesn't allow the alias to fully function. The screenshot is taken and the camera sound goes off as usual, but the UI does not get restored, and the console states:

Code: Select all

cannot set console variable r_drawplayersprites from unsafe command
cannot set console variablecrosshair  from unsafe command
cannot set console variablescreenblocks from unsafe command
cannot set console variableshow messages from unsafe command
cannot set console variablecl_drawcoopinfo from unsafe command
If I manually run the cleansrn alias afterwards, the HUD and crosshair and all is restored just fine, but it would be nice to be able to have this all function in one keypress rather than two. If there's a way to adjust or change the alias with a different command so that it functions as it used to, I'd love to know. Thanks in advance.