Port forwarding on Verizon Fios

General help and assistance forum.
Terrace
Registered just to make one post

Port forwarding on Verizon Fios

Post by Terrace » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:47 pm

Yes, I know, another post about port forwarding. Like there aren't already plenty of these. But, unfortunately, I've read all of them, and I still haven't been able to solve this issue.
In short, I'm trying to host a Zandronum server over Doomseeker, and I'm having trouble port forwarding with my Verizon Fios router. Let me explain.
Port forwarding on Fios requires filling out a few prompts, which, to me, seem pretty different from those that are usually shown in port forwarding tutorials. The prompts are: Application, Original Port, Protocol, Fwrd to Address, Fwrd to Port, and Schedule. A few of these we can ignore: Application, Protocol, and Schedule. Protocol has an option for TCP, UDP, or both, and I selected the latter. Application and schedule can be left as default.
For the rest, here's how I filled them out. For original port I tried entering either 10666 or 10666-10700. For Fwrd to Address I entered my IP address, as shown when I enter ipconfig in the command prompt. And for Fwrd to Port, I entered the last digits of my personal IP address (if 192.168.1.X, then I entered X).
The terms are different, but this what made the most sense to me, and it's still not working. I've also tried enabling and disabling UPnP in the Doomseeker host menu. No dice either way.
Any help is appreciated.