Doomseeker + Brutal + Doom TNT = no music

General help and assistance forum.
yamigata
New User

Doomseeker + Brutal + Doom TNT = no music

Post by yamigata » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:22 am

Having an odd issue. I'm hosting a server using Doomseeker, and applying the Brutal mod, and BDCME_TNT music pack. When I load the server, there is no music.

I tried removing the music pack and launching the server again (with just the brutal mod), but once again there is no music.

I do not have this issue with Doom, Doom 2, and Plutonia using Brutal mod and their respective music packs when hosting the server.

Additionally, I have launched both GZDoom and Zandronum with the above mods but without using Doomseeker and the music plays fine.

Also, if I launch the server without any mods, I have music.

I have tried updating to the latest version of Doomseeker, issue persists.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

yamigata
New User

Re: Doomseeker + Brutal + Doom TNT = no music

Post by yamigata » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:18 pm

Thanks to the help I received in Discord, we've concluded the following:

Something about Brutalv21 paired with Coop and the way it starts the music for Doom TNT is causing the issue.
Setting the server for Survival instead of Coop works around the issue, as the music is triggered to begin after the countdown.
Should be able to fix this by adding doommetalvol5 from TSPG. I'm told this resolves the issue but I haven't tested it.

I thought about deleting the post but I'll leave it in case someone out there encounters the same issue and seeks assistance here.