Banned off TSPG: Ban appeal?

General help and assistance forum.
HomeFreakinRun
New User

Banned off TSPG: Ban appeal?

Post by HomeFreakinRun » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:23 pm

I really don't know where to post this since the TSPG Painkiller forums don't seem to be functioning right now and I'm not receiving any kind of response on the IRC channels. I figured I can take my chances here.

If you couldn't tell from the title, this is in regards of a ban I recieved on a few Painkiller servers.

Me and a friend decided to join one of TSPG's CO-OP Samsara servers (I forget which one). We figured that since the server was empty, that other players wouldn't join and it'd be just us. After about 10 minutes (and several mission restarts later), players started to join the game. For some unknown reason, we found it to be funny to kick new players from the server with reasons like "fgt" and other stupid reasons. After about 3-4 vote kicks, both of us got booted from the server. I tried to rejoin, only to be greeted to a ban. I went to check on the TSPG IP bans and there we were; both banned for "kick abuse". The ban was only for a week (It expired on April 1st), so we decided to move onto the deathmatch Samsara EX server which was empty. My friend told me he couldn't join because he was banned (which I found weird since I joined it just fine). We then moved over to Complex DOOM for a little bit before I went to check the IP bans again. For some reason, the 1-week ban changed into a perm one. I have a feeling it might have something to do with me joining the second Samsara server and they thought I was ban evading.

I believe that a perma-ban off these servers were a little excessive. I could handle the 1-week ban since I deserve it for being stupid and childish. I only ask for another chance. I really enjoy these servers (since they're basically the only servers I go on in doomseeker) and would hate to be barred from them for my stupidity. Hopefully, I get to rejoin the servers soon.

ZZYZX
Posts a lot
Clan: A3
Clan Tag: [A3]

Re: Banned off TSPG: Ban appeal?

Post by ZZYZX » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:37 pm

Oh god, please don't unban this guy. My eyes are bleeding already.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:40 pm

ZZYZX wrote:Oh god, please don't unban this guy. My eyes are bleeding already.
What are you talking about? There's nothing wrong with that post.

HomeFreakinRun
New User

Post by HomeFreakinRun » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:56 pm

ZZYZX wrote:Oh god, please don't unban this guy. My eyes are bleeding already.
You don't have to be so damn rude. Geez.

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 pm

Ok first of all that post is absolutely painful to read so I'm removing the colours and such.
Judging by your post I don't really understand why you're attempting to join a server even though you clearly know you're supposed to be banned.
It sounds very fishy and I'm not going to conclude nor judge anything just yet until I've had a chat with the other admins.

You should probably try and remember what server you abused those kickvotes on for now, and also the one you tried joining afterwards causing the reban.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:31 pm

"If you can't do the time don't do the crime."
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

HomeFreakinRun
New User

Post by HomeFreakinRun » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:15 pm

Fused wrote:Ok first of all that post is absolutely painful to read so I'm removing the colours and such.
Judging by your post I don't really understand why you're attempting to join a server even though you clearly know you're supposed to be banned.
It sounds very fishy and I'm not going to conclude nor judge anything just yet until I've had a chat with the other admins.

You should probably try and remember what server you abused those kickvotes on for now.
I didn't the colors would be such a bother, sorry about that. My post is mainly about giving me another chance. The current punishment is way too harsh for just kick abuse. I can handle a 1-week ban because I know I can come back on the servers to actually play on them. I still don't understand why the ban got bumped up to perm (I still think it's because I joined the Samsara EX server right after the ban). As for the server I abused the kickvotes on, it was the Chillax Samsara server.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:58 am

if u donate 50+ dollars to tspg im sure u could get unbanned no questions asked easy ur welcome

HomeFreakinRun
New User

Post by HomeFreakinRun » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:03 am

Combinebobnt wrote:if u donate 50+ dollars to tspg im sure u could get unbanned no questions asked easy ur welcome
I'd totally throw money at the servers if I wasn't broke.

HomeFreakinRun
New User

Post by HomeFreakinRun » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:24 am

Bump

I'm curious to know what's going on with my current situation. Am I staying permanently banned?

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:28 am

Your ban's end-date has been set to the beginning of April, after that you can play again. Same goes for jackel.

Next time this happens it'll probably be a month ban.

HomeFreakinRun
New User

Post by HomeFreakinRun » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:30 am

Marcaek wrote:Your ban's end-date has been set to the beginning of April, after that you can play again. Same goes for jackel.

Next time this happens it'll probably be a month ban.
Thank you. I'll be sure this doesn't happen again.

HomeFreakinRun
New User

Post by HomeFreakinRun » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:33 am

Bump.

The ban has been lifted, but I'm still banned on a lot of the Painkiller servers. What's going on?

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:31 am

Try now.

HomeFreakinRun
New User

Post by HomeFreakinRun » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:29 am

Marcaek wrote:Try now.
No dice. Still says I'm banned

HomeFreakinRun
New User

Post by HomeFreakinRun » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:35 pm

Bump.

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:41 pm

Weird. You're not in the TSPG banlist, and I can't find you in the master banlist either. MiFU will have to look into this. Are you sure this is just for TSPG still? Do you happen to use more IPs than the one you use on the forum? If so, please pm them over so I can check those aswel.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

HomeFreakinRun
New User

Post by HomeFreakinRun » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:27 am

Fused wrote:Weird. You're not in the TSPG banlist, and I can't find you in the master banlist either. MiFU will have to look into this. Are you sure this is just for TSPG still? Do you happen to use more IPs than the one you use on the forum? If so, please pm them over so I can check those aswel.
I'm 100% positive it's just for TSPG. The image I posted a couple of days ago shows exactly what I see on my server list when I scroll down to the bottom. As for my IP, it's a dynamic one; but it shouldn't be any different from the IP I'm currently using now.

If this helps any, these are all the addresses of the servers that I'm "banned" on.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:33 am

HomeFreakinRun wrote:
Fused wrote:Weird. You're not in the TSPG banlist, and I can't find you in the master banlist either. MiFU will have to look into this. Are you sure this is just for TSPG still? Do you happen to use more IPs than the one you use on the forum? If so, please pm them over so I can check those aswel.
I'm 100% positive it's just for TSPG. The image I posted a couple of days ago shows exactly what I see on my server list when I scroll down to the bottom. As for my IP, it's a dynamic one; but it shouldn't be any different from the IP I'm currently using now.

If this helps any, these are all the addresses of the servers that I'm "banned" on.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You're not banned in any range that contains your ip, I already checked. I see some votekick abuse bans, but I need to be sure it's you first. If you're 100% sure the ip you reistered with on the forums is the same one your router will use, then there might be something broken.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

HomeFreakinRun
New User

Post by HomeFreakinRun » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:04 am

I'm 101% sure that both IPs are the same (I doubled checked). I'm sure something messed up and (like you said) MiFU would just have to look into it. I have no choice but to wait for now.