Getting Lag in OpenGL Mode

General help and assistance forum.
uzzumymw
New User

Getting Lag in OpenGL Mode

Post by uzzumymw » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:59 am

Okay, so about a week or two ago, my game was running perfectly on many different wads that i would play with my friends. Now, it's running at around 30 frames and i can't tell why. I'm running on a 1070 with an i5 that i just recently build, and like i said, it was running perfectly fine at 60+ frames just a few weeks before. anyone know why this is?

Kaminsky
Developer

Re: Getting Lag in OpenGL Mode

Post by Kaminsky » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:55 am

Have you tried updating the drivers for your graphics card? It might help to update your drivers to their latest versions.

On the contrary, if you did update your drivers recently and are suddenly lagging in Zandronum, you can try downgrading your drivers to an older version and see if there's any difference in performance.

Armour

Post by Armour » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Maybe you enabled capped frames? Try cl_capfps "false" in console.

uzzumymw
New User

Post by uzzumymw » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:17 am

Dr.Robotnik wrote:Have you tried updating the drivers for your graphics card? It might help to update your drivers to their latest versions.

On the contrary, if you did update your drivers recently and are suddenly lagging in Zandronum, you can try downgrading your drivers to an older version and see if there's any difference in performance.
nope. still getting stuttering. i can't figure out what the problem is

Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Hypnotoad » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:42 pm

Move your config file to a temp location (if you installed to program files you may need to find it in the 'virtual store' or whatever it was called), and start Zan again to see if it's something in your config.

uzzumymw
New User

Post by uzzumymw » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:51 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:Move your config file to a temp location (if you installed to program files you may need to find it in the 'virtual store' or whatever it was called), and start Zan again to see if it's something in your config.
see another problem is that i've tried different versions and everything and it feels the same for every version. I've redownloaded this thing like 5 times the past week

i tried vid_fps to see what my frames were at and even though it says 60, it sure as hell doesn't feel like 60, and Software mode seems to run better than OpenGL Mode

i've even tried out how the game ran in GZDoom and it runs completely fine, so I have no idea what the hell is going on with zandronum.

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:18 am

Are you still getting 60 fps in GZDoom as well?
In Zandronum, do software and OpenGL run at 60 fps?
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

uzzumymw
New User

Post by uzzumymw » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:26 am

jdagenet wrote:Are you still getting 60 fps in GZDoom as well?
In Zandronum, do software and OpenGL run at 60 fps?
in GZDoom I'm getting smooth 60 fps for both Software and OpenGL

In Zandronum Software mode i'm getting smooth 60 fps

In Zandronum OpenGL, vid_fps says that it's 60 fps, but it absolutely does not feel like 60 fps. It's feels extremely choppy

uzzumymw
New User

Post by uzzumymw » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:33 am

issue fixed. turns out that having instant replay enabled on shadowplay caused the framerates to become choppy for some odd reason.