- Draft-based league: captains are selected to draft players auction-style! Each team is comprised of 4 players total, no more, no less.
- Curated maplist: the maplist to be used in DML was voted on by several key members of the community to get the most enjoyment out of players.
- Regular season: everyone competes in a single group for points. The top-ranked teams by the end of the now shorter 5-week season make the decisive playoffs!
- Multiple maps per week: each round is played on a different map; 3 maps in the regular season and 4 maps in the playoffs, with each team getting 2 homefields! E.g. round 1 = Map01, round 2 = Map02, round 3 = Map03...
Spoiler: DML Ruleset v1.13 (June 11th, 2019) (Open)Time table:I - Team structure
1. Individual sign-ups must be posted in the sign-up thread, following the template;
2. Each team is comprised of an assigned captain and three other players. The players are acquired by way of an auction draft;
3. After a random draw decides the nomination order, each captain takes turns nominating players they wish to draft, and the highest bid successfully drafts the auctioned player. Captains are given a fictional budget of $30 that is utilised to draft those players in integer values;
4. Teams must be named in accordance to general decency rules (aka common sense);
5. Up to 3 trades between a team and another team or the free agency are allowed.
II - Game structure
1. Games will be played on Zandronum 3.0. The default servers are determined by the participating players' region in a match-by-match basis. The criteria is as follows:
- If there are 3 or less EU players, then the server defaults to [NJ] FUNCRUSHER;
- If there are 4 or more EU players, then the server defaults to [DE] FUNCRUSHER;
- Each South American player nullifies one EU player for the purpose of this calculation, given how SA players ping about the same as (if not higher than) EU players in NA servers, but are left at a ping difference disadvantage in EU servers that is roughly double the size of NA players';
- Once the server is decided upon before the game starts, it may not be changed regardless of line-up changes from either team.
2. The default servers are as follows:
- [NJ] FUNCRUSHER ZCA XCTF2019 CTF #1 - 184.108.40.206:10690
- [NJ] FUNCRUSHER ZCA XCTF2019 CTF #2 - 220.127.116.11:10691
3. Teams may agree to play in other servers, as long as they meet the CTF standards;
4. The map set to be used is xctf2019v1.pk3, as is the currently utilised WAD in regular private CTF;
5. All matches follow a 3 vs. 3, 5 captures, 10 minutes format. Teams may field whoever is on their team, as long as they have 3 available players;
6. In the event that a team is unable to field 3 players, they may temporarily sub in a free agent. This can only be done once per free agent, however, and if a team wishes to have a certain free agent play for them a second time, they must perform a trade instead. If both teams are unable to field 3 players, then the team with the lower placing gets first priority on free agency picks;
7. As a follow-up to case 6, if there are no free agents available either, they are allowed to trade in somebody from outside the league that is of roughly the same skill level as the missing member, as per consensus of the DML staff. The skill level priority is as follows:
7.1. Same skill level;
7.2. Higher skill level;
7.3. Lower skill level;
8. Playoff matches are best-of-5 on four homefield maps selected by each team. If no clear victor can be determined after 5 rounds, extra tiebreaking rounds occur indefinitely. The map to be played in each round follows this order, looping if necessary:
- higher seed's first map pick;
- lower seed's first map pick;
- higher seed's second map pick;
- lower seed's second map pick;
9. Matches continue regardless of what predicaments any player may face. The players themselves are responsible for issues such as connection problems, not the administration;
10. In the event that a server crashes or severely lags in the middle of a match, it must be restarted at the same time frame and team scores as they were before the server crash took place.
III - Tournament structure
1. The tournament is comprised of two stages: the regular season and the playoffs;
2. Regular season structure:
2.1. The regular season pits all teams against each other in a single group to compete for points;
2.2. Over the course of the regular season, every team plays 8 matches, with some of them being repeated match-ups if necessary;
2.3. Each team is awarded 5 points for a two-round victory, 4 points for a three-round victory, 2 points for a tie, 1 point for a three-round loss and no points for a two-round loss. Teams that lose by forfeiting lose 1 point;
2.4. At the end of the regular seasons, the teams with the highest point count overall qualify for the playoffs:
- top 4 in a 6-team season;
- top 6 in an 8 or 10-team season.
- top 8 in a 12-team season.
2.5. Tiebreaking criteria between two or more teams are as follows. After steps 1 through 5 are accounted for, if there are still any teams tied, the cycle repeats with these tied teams. Step 6 is a last-resort:
2.5.1. head-to-head (highest priority);
2.5.2. strength of victory;
2.5.3. strength of ties;
2.5.4. best round win percentage;
2.5.5. best flag for/flag against ratio;
2.5.6. coin toss/dice roll (lowest priority).
3.1. On the final week of the regular season, teams that are still in contention for the playoffs must pick two homefield maps to be played on in that stage. Teams that are already technically eliminated by this time will not participate in this process;
3.2. Teams make their selections before they play their last group stage match, otherwise the administration will select their homefields in their stead. The homefield selection order is the draft order in reverse, and the first team to pick their first homefield will be the last team to pick their second homefield;
3.3. Maps that are selected as homefields by a team may not be picked again by any other team. All maps featured in the DML Summer 2019 add-on hub map are eligible picks.
4. Playoffs structure:
4.1. The qualified teams are seeded into the playoffs in accordance with their standing in the regular season. The playoffs format is as follows:
- #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3 in a 6-team season;
- #1 vs (#4 vs #5) and #2 vs (#3 vs #6) in an 8 or 10-team season;
- #1 vs #8, #4 vs #5, #2 vs #7 and #3 vs #6 in a 12-team season.
4.2. The bracket format is single elimination.
IV - Player duties
1.1. Every player who participates in any match must record and upload a demo or livestream from said match until their current team's next match;
1.2. If players fail to comply with their demo/livestream uploads, opposing teams have the right to enforce penalties on the offending player's current team. Opposing teams may also choose to ignore the first and/or second infractions at their discretion and allow them to play without any punishment, but the third infraction cannot be overruled;
1.3. The infraction punishments are as follows:
- first infraction: 3 minute power play (2v3), or until the penalised team gets scored on once;
- second infraction: player is suspended for an entire round;
- third infraction: player is suspended from the tournament;
1.4. In the event that a player under a first or second infraction does not play in their team's next match, their infraction is considered accounted for, and the next time they play can be done so as normal;
2. Captains are urged to send their teams' availabilities to the DML administration as soon as the week starts, so their next match can be scheduled to an appropriate time for all parties involved. Failure to comply will result in arbitrary scheduling from the administration.
3. If there are major discrepancies between two opposing teams' availabilities, priorities are given to the following availabilities:
- Weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) over weekdays (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
- Evenings (6 PM - 9 PM) over late afternoons (3 PM - 5 PM) over late nights (10 PM onwards)
4. After a match is scheduled, teams are obligated to field 3 players at the time and date set by the administration. The grace period is 20 minutes after the scheduled time, after which the team that fails to get ready by then will receive a forfeit loss.
V - Rules of conduct
1. Be respectful to other players, especially when they are practising or playing their matches;
2. Show commitment to your matches. This goes double for captains;
3. Cheating is strictly prohibited. Cheating is not limited to, but is characterised by: utilising wallhacks, aimbots, ping manipulators (lag switches) and getting metagame intel from a third party (ghosting). Offenders will be banned for 2+ years.
4. Players who receive bans from the Funcrusher server cluster (e.g. in private CTF, public CTF) for any reason will not be unbanned for the purpose of playing in the league;
5. That's about it. Be nice to your fellow competitors and give this tournament the respect it deserves and everything will be a-ok!!!
Sign-ups start: Tuesday, June 11th
Sign-ups end: Sunday, June 30th @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Draft: To be determined between July 1st and July 7th
Regular season period: July 8th to August 11th
Playoffs period: August 12th to September 1st
Code: Select all
Name: Zakken Country: Brazil Position: D, Mid, O Captain: Yes/No Preferred contact: ZCA Discord Regular availability: Evenings