- 3 vs 3 Deathball matches on a brand-new version of the mod!
- Tried-and-true auction draft system: captains are selected to draft players auction-style! Each team is comprised of 4 players total, no more, no less.
- 1.5 months in length, with a month-long group stage deciding who makes playoffs!
- Multiple maps per week: each round is played on a different map; 3 maps in the regular season and 4 maps in the playoffs, with each team getting 2 homefields! E.g. round 1 = Map01, round 2 = Map02, round 3 = Map03...
Sign-ups start: Saturday, March 2nd
Sign-ups end: Sunday, March 24th @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Draft: To be determined between March 25th and March 31st
Regular season period: April 1st to April 28th
Playoffs period: April 29th to May 12th (subject to extend by 1 week depending on amount of teams)
Code: Select all
Name: Zakken Country: Brazil Captain: Yes/No Preferred contact: ZCA Discord Regular availability: Evenings
Spoiler: Deathball Major 2019 Ruleset v1.01 (March 5th, 2019) (Open)I - Team structure
1. Individual sign-ups must be posted in the sign-up thread, following the template;
2. Each team is comprised of an assigned captain and three other players. The players are acquired by way of an auction draft;
3. After a random draw decides the nomination order, each captain takes turns nominating players they wish to draft, and the highest bid successfully drafts the auctioned player. Captains are given a fictional budget of $30 that is utilised to draft those players in integer values;
4. Teams must be named in accordance to general decency rules (aka common sense);
5. Up to 2 trades between a team and another team or the free agency are allowed.
II - Game structure
1. Games will be played on Zandronum 3.0. The default servers are determined by the participating players' region in a match-by-match basis. The criteria is as follows:
- If there are 3 or less EU players, then the server defaults to [NJ] FUNCRUSHER;
- If there are 4 or more EU players, then the server defaults to [DE] FUNCRUSHER;
- Each South American player nullifies one EU player for the purpose of this calculation, given how SA players ping about the same as (if not higher than) EU players in NA servers, but are left at a ping difference disadvantage in EU servers that is roughly double the size of NA players';
- Once the server is decided upon before the game starts, it may not be changed regardless of line-up changes from either team.
2. The default servers are as follows:
- To be determined
3. Teams may agree to play in other servers, as long as they meet the Deathball standards;
4. The map set to be used is dbv18rc1.pk3;
5. All matches follow a 3 vs. 3, 5 points, 10 minutes format. Teams may field whoever is on their team, as long as they have 3 available players;
6. In the event that a team is unable to field 3 players, they may temporarily sub in a free agent. This can only be done once per free agent, however, and if a team wishes to have a certain free agent play for them a second time, they must perform a trade instead.
7. Group stage matches are best-of-3 on three different maps determined by the tournament schedule per week, which is released once sign-ups end;
8. Playoff matches are best-of-5 on four homefield maps selected by each team. If no clear victor can be determined after 5 rounds, extra tiebreaking rounds occur indefinitely. The map to be played in each round follows this order, looping if necessary:
- higher seed's first map pick;
- lower seed's first map pick;
- higher seed's second map pick;
- lower seed's second map pick;
9. Matches continue regardless of what predicaments any player may face. The players themselves are responsible for issues such as connection problems, not the administration;
10. In the event that a server crashes or severely lags in the middle of a match, it must be restarted at the same time frame and team scores as they were before the server crash took place.
III - Tournament structure
1. The tournament is comprised of two stages: the group stage and the playoffs;
2. Group stage structure:
2.1. The group stage separates all teams into groups. The amount of groups is decided by the amount of participating teams:
- 1 group for 5 or less teams;
- 2 groups for 6 to 10 teams;
- 4 groups for 12 or more teams;
2.2. Over the course of the group stage, every team plays 4 matches. Most, if not all of the matches are match-ups from the same group;
2.3. Each team is awarded 5 points for a two-round victory, 4 points for a three-round victory, 2 points for a tie, 1 point for a three-round loss and no points for a two-round loss. Teams that lose by forfeiting lose 1 point;
2.4. At the end of the group stage, the teams with the highest point count in their group qualify for the elimination bracket:
- top 2 in a group of 3 teams;
- top 3 in a group of 4 to 5 teams.
2.5. Tiebreaking criteria between two or more teams are as follows. Only one team advances to the next stage per tie-breaking step:
- head-to-head (highest priority);
- strength of victory;
- best round win percentage;
- best flag for/flag against ratio;
- coin toss/dice roll (lowest priority).
3.1. On the final week of the regular season, teams that are still in contention for the playoffs must pick two homefield maps to be played on in that stage. Teams that are already technically eliminated by this time will not participate in this process;
3.2. Teams make their selections before they play their last group stage match, otherwise the administration will select their homefields in their stead. The homefield selection order is randomised, but follows a snake order, meaning the first team to pick their first homefield will be the last team to pick their second homefield;
3.3. Maps that are selected as homefields by a team may not be picked again by any other team. All maps of dbv18rc1.pk3 are eligible picks, with the exception of these banned maps:
MAP02 - Top of the World
MAP12 - Taboo Turf
MAP31 - Op-Cow's Minc 2
MAP32 - Death Bowl
4. Playoffs structure:
4.1. The qualified teams are seeded into the playoffs in accordance with their standing in the group stage. The highest-ranked team in a given group plays the lowest-ranked qualified team from another group. If there are more than 2 groups, then the inter-group match-ups in this stage are randomised when this stage begins, while respecting the high-seed vs low-seed rule;
4.2. If two teams facing each other hold the same ranking in their respective group standings, then the first tiebreaking step is determined by which team has more points from the group stage. Later tiebreaking steps are the same as the group stage's criteria;
4.3. The bracket format is single elimination.
IV - Player duties
1. Captains are urged to send their teams' availabilities to the ZCA administration as soon as the week starts, so their next match can be scheduled to an appropriate time for all parties involved. Failure to comply will result in arbitrary scheduling from the administration.
2. If there are major discrepancies between two opposing teams' availabilities, priorities are given to the following availabilities:
- Weekends (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) over weekdays (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday);
- Evenings (6 PM - 9 PM) over late afternoons (3 PM - 5 PM) over late nights (10 PM onwards).
3. After a match is scheduled, teams are obligated to field 3 players at the time and date set by the administration. The grace period is 20 minutes after the scheduled time, after which the team that fails to get ready by then will receive a forfeit loss.
V - Rules of conduct
1. Be respectful to other players, especially when they are practising or playing their matches;
2. Show commitment to your matches. This goes double for captains;
3. Cheating is strictly prohibited. Cheating is not limited to, but is characterised by: utilising wallhacks, aimbots, ping manipulators (lag switches) and getting metagame intel from a third party (ghosting). Offenders will be banned for 2+ years.
4. Players who receive bans from the Funcrusher server cluster (e.g. in private CTF, public CTF) for any reason will not be unbanned for the purpose of playing in the league;
5. That's about it. Be nice to your fellow competitors and give this tournament the respect it deserves and everything will be a-ok!!!