Class Based League - CBM Round-Robin (Interest Check only)

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Class Based League - CBM Round-Robin (Interest Check only)

Post by Mobius » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:22 am

Class Base League

What is it?

A team based seasonal tournament where players are in teams of 3 or 4 players (we can negotiate it) and compete in a 9 week event of round robin tournament for Team Last Man Standing. Players sign up not just individually into the FA (Free Agency pool) but as captains as well if they wish to.

Team based?

Yes. Players who are captains run their teams throughout the entirety of the season and compete against other teams each week. The team with the best win/loss record makes it play-offs against other strong teams. The final team teams make it to the finals. I'll make some cool megaman badges for winners, MVPs, and runner ups. You can only have up to 3 players in your team (We can do 4s if you guys like or 4s where the 4th player is a substitute for a missing player for their game).

How does it work?

Players that sign up into the FA or wish to become captains do so in the official sign up thread I'll post later when enough interest is made. Captains are free to pick these FA players for their team if they wish to trade their players away prior to the play-offs.

There's a draft then?

Not right now. I am not sure if enough of these players know each other enough to properly and adequately judge the skill of players they pick, and it's easier for players who are familiar with each other right now to make a team. So this league -- for the first few seasons will allow Franchising. So to be a captain you must find 2 players willing to play with you in your team to qualify as a legitimate team (that with team names and availabilities). FA is for everyone. Maybe we'll do drafts. We can talk about it in this thread.

How do I sign up?

Here's how the sign up templates look

Code: Select all

Name: Your name
Captain or Player:
Availability: When you're available to play (generally. I'll bother you each week for it).
Classes: You are only permitted 3
Players sign up with only allotted 3 characters they are good with in TLMS (this goes for franchised players and Captains). You cannot pick any other character but those 3 for the entire season of this tournament. You can switch between those three throughout any game whether its rounds or whole games itself, but you cannot deviate from your main 3 until the end of the tournament.

What's the point of FA?

So let's say you have only 1 other person on your team but you need a third? You can pick that player from the available Free Agents, or another scenario is that members of your team quit. You can trade your player(s) for anyone in the FA. You cannot make trades after the 9th session (9th week before playoffs).

How does trading work?

A captain may swap players from his team from either the FA or with captains of other teams. We can discuss the limitations of trading, but so far a captain must only trade one player a week (if you want a revolving door for a team that is). This goes for both FA and Captain trading. Captains must notify their trades to the commissioner of the league (me) but trades will not be approved of based on "parity" and thus I'll only screen for trades that break the trade limit rule.

What's the map pool?

Map pool is determined by me and I will not select meme, overt pits, or insane spawn disparity. I'll throw up our first season's 9 session map selection. Each week every team who is fighting each other will fight on the same map as everyone else.

Can I name my team?

Yes, but let's try to keep it Megaman related and appropriate. No vulgarity.

When will this happen

When we can drum up enough for 6 teams minimum. 8 teams ideally. 12 teams max for now.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Re: Class Based League - CBM Round-Robin (Interest Check only)

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:31 am

LMAO, that fucking logo.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:42 am

I play, where the mans at

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:24 am

If this does take off, will there be plans to stream/broadcast the matches? I'd be down to watch some matches live, and I think it might draw interest from new players for future seasons if games are accessible enough to spectate.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Did you post on the mememan forums yet