Pro Duel - Pro Duel Tournament #1 (Oct. 1) [FINISHED]

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Proteh
New User

Pro Duel - Pro Duel Tournament #1 (Oct. 1) [FINISHED]

Post by Proteh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 pm

ZANDRONUM Pro Duel Tournament #1

This tournament will be the first Pro Duel Zandronum tournament ever. Pro Duel is a mix of Progressive Duel II maps (plus some custom ones from scratch and ports from other games such as Quake Live) and a modification of Eon Weapons with re-balanced weapons for proper competitive play.

Pro Duel can be played just like classic duel if desired, but it also has more depth to it, such as map control and item control. It also relies on using all the weapons effectively.
This is currently only being hosted on the Own-Age servers. Feel free to check it out if you're interested, it's fun! And if you like it, don't forget to sign up for the tournament. (ZDS: [url=zds://148.251.2.116:16660/za]click here to connect[/url])

Join our IRC channel @ Zandronum Main IRC server (irc.zandronum.com): #produel

Tournament registration and general information:

Registration will be managed through challonge.com, here is the direct link to the brackets: http://challonge.com/wm7oanby - players will have to sign-up there, using their in-game nickname.

On October 1, 4:59 PM CEST the seeding will be made and the tournament will start, so the sign-ups will be closed at around 5:00 PM CEST. Players will be able to play their matches once this happens.
The tournament format will be double elimination. The winner of the losers bracket will face off the winner of the normal bracket in the grand finals with a 1 point disadvantage.

General tournament rules:

1 - Players must play the matches in the Own-Age Pro Duel official server only, and will have to record demos and take a screenshot of the final results if needed.
2 - If a player is not present, he will get disqualified and their opponent will advance further in the brackets.

Match rules:

1 - The first map that will be played for all matches will be MAP06 (Heavy Silence)
2 - Losers will pick next map, if required. (only maps from the allowed map pool)
3 - Match spectators are not allowed to talk while a match is in progress.

Allowed map pool:

We carefully selected the best and most balanced maps from all available. These are the only maps that are allowed to be picked if required.

MAP01 (Take Two)
MAP02 (Fade)
MAP06 (Heavy Silence)
MAP07 (Tomb of the Unwanted)
MAP13 (Ardens Opression)
AEROWALK (Aerowalk)
IKBROWNY (IKBROWNY)
ZTNDM3 (Blood Run)
CAMPGRND (Campgrounds)
IVAN (Unoccupied Territory)

--

Feel free to ask any questions here in this post. You don't have to confirm your registration here, just sign up here if you intend on playing.

EDIT FOR RESULTS:

Thanks to all of you who participated in the first Pro Duel tournament! This was a blast and I'm looking forward to do more of this in the coming weeks.

Here's the final results:

Ranking:

1st. Avernus
2nd. Proteh
3rd. Unknown
4th. Tsunami
5th. Decay & Nik

Ru5tK1ng - disqualified.
Langrenus - disqualified.
Congrats to Avernus for winning the tournament and not losing a single round! GG!

So what's next now?

Based on what we saw during the tournament, we are going to keep working on the weapons pack to make some slight balance changes (probably only to the Chaingun) and adjustments to make the weapons feel more responsive (such as the Lightning Gun), and we are going to keep working on extra custom maps for Progressive Duel II and completely re-work maps such as Blood Run. After all this is done we will continue to host more tournaments for this and we hope to see you all again here for some good fraggin action. :biggrin:
Last edited by Proteh on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Re: Pro Duel - EU Pro Duel Tournament #1 (Oct. 1)

Post by Ivan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:13 pm

You can turn off spectator chat using lms_spectatorchat 0 or something IIRC. Look it up.

Why is my map in the pool though? You guys really trust it's balanced? Damn.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Proteh
New User

Post by Proteh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:33 pm

Ivan wrote:You can turn off spectator chat using lms_spectatorchat 0 or something IIRC. Look it up.

Why is my map in the pool though? You guys really trust it's balanced? Damn.
We'll check out that flag, thanks.

Unknown, Lang and I played it a bunch of times recently and it worked pretty well. Anyways, there's still two weeks until the tournament, changes can be made to any of the maps if needed. Blood Run will probably get some minor changes before the tournament, and will be completely remade in the future.

EDIT: If anyone has suggestions about some other maps to be included in the allowed map pool, feel free to do so.

Proteh
New User

Post by Proteh » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:51 am

Decay wrote:Should probably wait for the upcoming edit of map13 (Ardens Oppressio) that's due out this week probably when prog updates. Personally I would not have gone with Tomb of the Unwanted, favouring White Noise II or Rustrophobia instead, but I digress.
Of course, as long as it doesn't break the map :P. There should be enough time to wait for updates, since the tournament is going to happen on October 1. We'll check out those maps you said but we intentionally avoided maps without armor / red armor and those that have the BFG.

Proteh
New User

Post by Proteh » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 pm

We made an IRC channel @ Zandronum Main IRC server (irc.zandronum.com): #produel

We will use this channel to set up the matches when the tournament starts. You can also hop in there right now to find players to play against or to ask any questions regarding Pro Duel or the tournament.

Proteh
New User

Re: Pro Duel - Pro Duel Tournament #1 (Oct. 1)

Post by Proteh » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:24 pm

* In case anyone is wondering the tournament is not EU only, that was removed and was there by mistake.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:04 am

I have no chance on the German server, but I'll sign up.

Name: Ru5tk1ng
Timezone: US Central
Availability: Weekends

Proteh
New User

Post by Proteh » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:36 am

Decay wrote:I will sign up for this

Name: Decay
Timezone EST
Availability: flexible
contact: #mxu on esper.net #a3 on zandro irc discord Decay#6658
Ru5tK1ng wrote:I have no chance on the German server, but I'll sign up.

Name: Ru5tk1ng
Timezone: US Central
Availability: Weekends
Added you guys to the brackets: http://challonge.com/wm7oanby

Also, if someone in the US is willing to host this go ahead. The rules say the matches will only be played on Own-Age but that's because this isn't being hosted anywhere else. Contact Unknown for the dmflags and settings.

stradex
Forum Regular
Clan: IoP

Post by stradex » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:40 pm

Damn, I really want to play this but I'm from Argentina and the server is German (>200ms) so... no. But I would love to watch some games.

If someday there's a US tournament for this, I'm in for that.

Proteh
New User

Re: Pro Duel - Pro Duel Tournament #1 (Oct. 1) [FINISHED]

Post by Proteh » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:25 pm

Thanks to all of you who participated in the first Pro Duel tournament! This was a blast and I'm looking forward to do more of this in the coming weeks.

Here's the final results:

Ranking:

1st. Avernus
2nd. Proteh
3rd. Unknown
4th. Tsunami
5th. Decay & Nik

Ru5tK1ng - disqualified.
Langrenus - disqualified.
Congrats to Avernus for winning the tournament and not losing a single round! GG!

So what's next now?

Based on what we saw during the tournament, we are going to keep working on the weapons pack to make some slight balance changes (probably only to the Chaingun) and adjustments to make the weapons feel more responsive (such as the Lightning Gun), and we are going to keep working on extra custom maps for Progressive Duel II and completely re-work maps such as Blood Run. After all this is done we will continue to host more tournaments for this and we hope to see you all again here for some good fraggin action. :biggrin:

Zakken
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Are there any streams/demos of this tournament?

Proteh
New User

Post by Proteh » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:09 am

Zakken wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 pm
Are there any streams/demos of this tournament?
I have demos of all of the matches and I plan on uploading some of these to Youtube soon. Demos weren't required to be recorded by players as we were all present in all of the matches, but those will definitely be required by all players for the upcoming tournaments.

Zakken
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Nice. Make sure to post the links here; I'd like to watch some of those in my spare time.