[CTF] Clan tournament #1 - (Postponed to October)

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
stradex
Forum Regular
Clan: IoP

[CTF] Clan tournament #1 - (Postponed to October)

Post by stradex » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:42 am

CTF 3 VS 3: Clan Tournament #1 - (Postponed to October)

What's this tournament about?:
  • This is a tournament only for competitive clans, a perfect chance to show how badass is your clan.
  • Inscription requirements
    1. Your clan should be listed in here: http://wiki.zandronum.com/Clans#Competitive
    2. Your clan need to be able to play atleast once time per week
    3. This is a 3 vs 3 tournament, so you need atleast 3 active players to play once time per week (Read further this post to know more about this)
    4. One or more members of your clan need to be registered in this forum (for registration, send demos, screenshots etc..)
  • Rules
    • This is a 3 vs 3 tournament
    • You can inscribe, at most, 6 players, but with 3 players you're ok to join. (obviusly, only 3 players are going to play by match, but you can change the players who play in the match by round, like in a scrim)
    • All the players you inscribe in this tournament should be genuine players of your clan, aliases and unknown players (not members of your clan) are not allowed.
    • There are 6 rounds by match, 3 rounds in NJ (America) and 3 rounds in DE (Europe), the servers allowed to play the matches are the following ones:
      • [DE] FUNCRUSHER || Clan Scrim IDL201X CTF (For the European match)
      • [NJ] FUNCRUSHER || Clan Scrim IDL201X CTF (For the American match)
    • There's going to be a single referee by clan. What this means?, the collaborator can be called when a match between two clans is going to start, you can call a referee of other clan to watch the match. (obviusly, referee who are not playing in the two clans who are going to play the match)
    • The timelimit to wait for a referee is 30 min maximum (only if a member of any of the two clans playing call for one), if the referee not appears then you clan play that match without a referee.
    • It's required to send a demo, or atleast screenshoots with the results via this post or via pm to anyone of the referees.
    • Won rounds decide who is the winner of a match [ex: XXClan (4) - ZZClan (3)], in case of tie, points (captures) decide who is the winner.
    • Every clan have one week to play the match assigned, they clan play it whenever they want but respecting the rules detailed before.
    • Official tournament brackets: http://challonge.com/en/zanctfclan1

Inscriptions are open since Oct 2, 2016 at 23:50hs (GTM-4 / Washington D. C Time),
and ends in Oct 15, 2016 at 18:00hs (GTM-4 / Washington D. C Time)

Don't be a coward and join your clan here!!
We need, as minimum, 4 clans registered to start the tournament at October 15.
Last edited by stradex on Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vegeta

Re: [CTF] Clan tournament #1 - Inscriptions are Open

Post by Vegeta » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:40 am

Good luck

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:53 am

You're competing IFL. I don't think this will happen and there's only like 4 active clans.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

stradex
Forum Regular

Post by stradex » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:19 am

Mobius wrote:You're competing IFL....
mmm, I didn't know nothing about IFL since now. Anyway, I'm going to let this up because It's not exactly like IFL (and I don't pretend this to be a new IFL or something like that, just a random event.)

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:33 am

Agree with Mobius.

No offence but trying to start up anything CTF related whilst IFL is running is not going to work. Better to wait till it's over and then try something as you simply wont have a decent player pool.

Only way this could work is if you play with a bunch of South Americans who aren't playing in IFL.

stradex
Forum Regular

Post by stradex » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Samurai wrote:Agree with Mobius.

No offence but trying to start up anything CTF related whilst IFL is running is not going to work. Better to wait till it's over and then try something as you simply wont have a decent player pool.

Only way this could work is if you play with a bunch of South Americans who aren't playing in IFL.
Ok, you two are right, I'm going to try this another time. But I wanna ask you, when is a good time to try this?
Tournament postponed to October

Tenchu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: LF

Re: [CTF] Clan tournament #1 - (Postponed to October)

Post by Tenchu » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:28 am

Props for actually putting in the effort to get more tournaments starting at least, hopefully in October this actually takes off.

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Re: [CTF] Clan tournament #1 - (Postponed to October)

Post by Zakken » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:51 am

You should make a rule that prevents clans from fielding clan members who joined right before the tournament takes place. This way, you won't have clans possibly "borrowing" members from other clans for the sole purpose of becoming unreasonably stacked and sign up with teams that don't really represent their respective clans, which would probably defeat the purpose of your tourney.