A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
User avatar
Mobius
Posts a lot
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#81

Post by Mobius » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Zakken wrote: I don't got a legitimate point
We know already. The problem with you is that you don't get enough attention from girls outside of the internet so when you're feeling depressed and sad you take up some sort of righteous stance despite what others tell you. Then you say some stupid shit and get called on it and instead of realizing "oh shit I'm retarded as fuck" you continue to fight.

You are the worst type of scum here. Who comes in trying to tell other people what to do and parade some sort of "do something" moral activist while being inactive? You have no steaks in the game so why do you care? Why do you give a fuck about Ammar's CTF video when he didn't and quit making them? Why do you give a shit if Rust or anyone else say this thing is dead?

Soul. You were NEVER the person we remember to be the ones who revive or even bring activity to the clan scene. That shit is reserved for a few entities and A3 is legitimately one of them. When you guys weren't scrimming anymore who else was scrimming like 3 to 4 clans that refused to play among each other? Not you. Never you. So why the fuck should SOMEONE ELSE do your dirty work?

You want to revive it then do it on your own time.

Edit: Let me prove to all the viewers who is reading this what kind of person Zakken is. I WON'T be using quote tags because maybe the point is lost somehow to someone like Zakken


- Soulsucka says -
"I get the message, but again, this isn't about me. If I cared enough about being proactive in the scene, I would be doing something. But just because I'm not that committed to this doesn't mean I'll sit idly and condone people shutting down ideas or projects that might lead to something nice."

- Mobius -
"Such as?"

- Soulsucka -
"Good ideas and projects can go a long way towards growth and maintenance in the community."

This was within our exchanges just now. Let that sink in.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Omnipresent

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#82

Post by Ivan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Mobius wrote: Soulsucka gettin shut down
Yep that's him. I wish Soul was a more contributing member to this community than hosting failure tournaments :(
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

User avatar
Razgriz
Forum Staff
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:15 am

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#83

Post by Razgriz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Mobius wrote:Let me prove to all the viewers who is reading this what kind of person Zakken is. I WON'T be using quote tags because maybe the point is lost somehow to someone like Zakken
I guess you can say the point is...









Image
oh shit

Anyways after a few more hours I'll probably end up locking this, not only because it's a dumb necro, but because I'm giving a fair chance for someone(don't hold your breath) to come to Soul's rescue. I think this is a good chance for all those who side with Soul to be vocal, and given it's been several hours at night, and during the day (US time) and yet nobody has come in pretty much shows even the others who are also suppose to be apart of the competitive community, also don't give enough of a shit about the situation to be vocal about it.

You really can't expect people who have been playing the game for 10+ years to maintain interest in playing for new people, that's the job of those who haven't been playing as long. There's a reason why during the years, games like Starcraft 2, CS:GO, League of Legends, and Rocket League have for the most part taken talent away from Doom, and it's because it gets boring. The last failed season of GFA was pretty much the last chance at having a good league on Zan, but it was ruined by Dragons inability to maintain the league properly. People like myself who've been playing for too long don't have interest in putting time and dedication into a league that will fail, so when one does you can guarantee that whatever interest was had has been thrown out the window. Maybe next season can work, but it wont have the concentration of talent that the failed season had - and that was the appeal of it to begin with. Now it's the job of anyone who's still interested in making it work, like Razor, Galactus or anyone else who's still new as well as the old.

Don't be upset when people you see as wise in the community are saying these evil toxic negativity things because they're calling it as they see it.

Activity = not dead
Inactivity = dead

User avatar
Zakken
Forum Regular
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:32 am
Location: House Ylisse

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#84

Post by Zakken » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:I don't know where you keep seeing new players coming into competitive. Any new players coming into Zandronum are going straight into the mod/coop scene. If any so called new compet player gets chased off by forum posts, they aren't fit for competition anyway.
That's because those communities are far more welcoming than we ever were. This isn't the military; this is a shared hobby between the lot of us. Why sour the experience for anyone just because they don't have tough skin?

Anyhow, I won't be saying much else on this subject, but I get the idea of this whole debacle now. In the end, I'd decided to take the wrong approach towards my perceived issues with the community, so sorry about that. If there is a next time, I'll be sure to handle things differently, and hopefully not end up in yet another gratuitous name-calling shitfest brought by the same assortment of people...
* Determination.

User avatar
Mobius
Posts a lot
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#85

Post by Mobius » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Zakken wrote: Anyhow, I won't be saying much else on this subject, but I get the idea of this whole debacle now. In the end, I'd decided to take the wrong approach towards my perceived issues with the community, so sorry about that. If there is a next time, I'll be sure to handle things differently, and hopefully not end up in yet another gratuitous name-calling shitfest brought by the same assortment of people...
- Soulsucka says -
"I get the message, but again, this isn't about me. If I cared enough about being proactive in the scene, I would be doing something. But just because I'm not that committed to this doesn't mean I'll sit idly and condone people shutting down ideas or projects that might lead to something nice."

- Mobius -
"Such as?"

- Soulsucka -
"Good ideas and projects can go a long way towards growth and maintenance in the community."
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 868
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 am
Location: England
Clan: Incredible
Clan Tag: [I]

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#86

Post by Samurai » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Razgriz wrote: Anyways after a few more hours I'll probably end up locking this, not only because it's a dumb necro, but because I'm giving a fair chance for someone(don't hold your breath) to come to Soul's rescue. I think this is a good chance for all those who side with Soul to be vocal, and given it's been several hours at night, and during the day (US time) and yet nobody has come in pretty much shows even the others who are also suppose to be apart of the competitive community, also don't give enough of a shit about the situation to be vocal about it.
They're all hiding, he has plenty of people in pm's though.

User avatar
Zakken
Forum Regular
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:32 am
Location: House Ylisse

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#87

Post by Zakken » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Samurai wrote:They're all hiding, he has plenty of people in pm's though.
:cool: <3

I think I ought to reiterate that my arguments are for the interest of the community as a whole, not just my own. I personally think all of this toxicity is funny and also kind of pathetic so it doesn't bother me that much, but it's overall harmful for the community, tbh. I've been in this community since 2010 and have only gotten inactive at some points last year and this year, but trying to justify the validity of my opinions to people who feel unwavering hatred and hardly provide any arguments in the midst of their unrelenting, self-justified harassment towards me is a waste of time. Thanks to whoever heard me out though.
* Determination.

User avatar
Ru5tK1ng
Posts a lot
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#88

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:12 pm

Zakken wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:I don't know where you keep seeing new players coming into competitive. Any new players coming into Zandronum are going straight into the mod/coop scene. If any so called new compet player gets chased off by forum posts, they aren't fit for competition anyway.
That's because those communities are far more welcoming than we ever were. This isn't the military; this is a shared hobby between the lot of us. Why sour the experience for anyone just because they don't have tough skin?
You just answered your own question. The compet community was never a welcoming place. Said person might as well see first hand the type of negativity associated with compet.

Zakken wrote:I personally think all of this toxicity is funny and also kind of pathetic so it doesn't bother me that much, but it's overall harmful for the community, tbh.
Lol, what kind of bullshit revisionist history are you trying to pull? I assume when you say 'community', you mean the competitive community. The very same community that's been the epitome of toxic for the last 12 years across all three multiplayer ports? The same kind of community that caused conflicts between staff, players and admins on ZD years ago? The same type that chased off Dr. Sean when Odamex hosted IDL? I don't even need to talk about the bullshit drama and politics ST suffered through for years because you should know first hand how it was.

What's funny and pathetic is you trying to set the compet scene on the same pedestal as the coop or survival scenes in terms of being welcoming to new players. Another thing that's stupid is you labeling me telling others the scene is dead as 'toxic' or 'just an opinion'. It's a statement that can be backed up with facts. Did you enjoy this month's tournament? How about this week's match ups in the CTF league? Or did you check out the 5 hour priv the other day? Of course not because none of those things happened and they aren't possible when things are dead as fuck.
Zakken wrote:but trying to justify the validity of my opinions to people who feel unwavering hatred and hardly provide any arguments in the midst of their unrelenting, self-justified harassment towards me is a waste of time. Thanks to whoever heard me out though.
I've already given you my reasoning of why I make the statements I do. The problem is you don't like it and you try to take some sort of moral high ground of protecting, the 'oh so innocent', compet scene. Well too bad. Too fucking bad.

User avatar
Mobius
Posts a lot
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#89

Post by Mobius » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:13 pm

Zakken wrote: but trying to justify the validity of my opinions to people who feel unwavering hatred and hardly provide any arguments in the midst of their unrelenting.
- Soulsucka says -
"I get the message, but again, this isn't about me. If I cared enough about being proactive in the scene, I would be doing something. But just because I'm not that committed to this doesn't mean I'll sit idly and condone people shutting down ideas or projects that might lead to something nice."

- Mobius -
"Such as?"

- Soulsucka -
"Good ideas and projects can go a long way towards growth and maintenance in the community."
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Galactus
Forum Regular
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:22 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#90

Post by Galactus » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Have to agree with Möbius here, just coming back after months of not playing to bullshit about this game's inactivity is unwanted and annoying. Competitive Doom is dead, it's time to move on.

User avatar
r4z0r
Banned
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:56 am
Clan: Homework Help

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#91

Post by r4z0r » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:11 pm

ammar uploaded a dueling video comp is revived cool1!!!!!!11 one !!11
Warning: Razgriz Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:35 pm
Reason: This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: https://zandronum.com:443/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&p=107208#p107208

If you want to get good a shit posting don't do it in such a terrible manner. There's no need to try to poorly emulate someone elses' poor posting, it gets you warned :D
Image

User avatar
Razgriz
Forum Staff
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:15 am

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

#92

Post by Razgriz » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:22 pm

And with that, now this is finally put to rest. Just remember good ideas and projects can go a long way towards growth and maintenance in the community, what those projects and good ideas are? Guess we'll never know.

Locked