A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Frits
Forum Regular

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

Post by Frits » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:58 am

You are a good defender ammar, how about some map specific videos? This is a bit too basic but if you digest map by map i'm sure 99% of the community would learn something from it.
(i certainly would lmao)

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:41 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:
[DUI]Caboozeking wrote:A3 could probably take notes instead of playing 2 D and wondering why they never score. Maybe then they would quit dodging games. HEY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
We do score and our last scrims we played vs I and HN, we won. Once again speaking without knowing anything. LOL

But, I'm a nice guy so let me give you a guide that can teach you a thing or two. Useful life advice

http://www.michigandui.pro/

Edit: Are you butthurt because I named Jenova as a good player and not you?? :lol:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o9MVxF ... lg&index=3[/media]

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: [A3]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:28 pm

How about y'all just drop it.

This is not the place for this.

I'd rather not murder this thread because the OP is legitimate but do we really need to air dirty laundry and bicker for multiple pages immediately after? No.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Incredible
Clan Tag: [I]

Post by Samurai » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:15 pm

The Toxic Avenger wrote:How about y'all just drop it.

I'd rather not murder this thread because the OP is legitimate but do we really need to air dirty laundry and bicker for multiple pages immediately after? No.
Sorry to be pedantic, but it's only 2 people. Most people posting in this thread were offering constructive criticism, or praising the video itself. Unfair to generalize it as everyone posting in the thread.

Kara Kurt

Post by Kara Kurt » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:
RoSKing wrote:A3 could probably take notes instead of playing 2 D and wondering why they never score. Maybe then they would quit dodging games. HEY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
We do score and our last scrims we played vs I and HN, we won. Once again speaking without knowing anything. LOL
That's because most of our scrims weren't played outside of NJ. It's not like it matters anyways.

Mobius
Posts a lot
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan Tag: Aᵌ

Post by Mobius » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Kara Kurt wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:
RoSKing wrote:A3 could probably take notes instead of playing 2 D and wondering why they never score. Maybe then they would quit dodging games. HEY OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
That's because most of our scrims weren't played outside of NJ. It's not like it matters anyways.
You never offered to play elsewhere.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:19 pm

Mobius wrote:
Kara Kurt wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:
You never offered to play elsewhere.
Benchwarmers gotta make up some excuse.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan Tag: [A3]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:09 pm

Samurai wrote:

Sorry to be pedantic, but it's only 2 people. Most people posting in this thread were offering constructive criticism, or praising the video itself. Unfair to generalize it as everyone posting in the thread.
I use that word a ton, seems without realizing how many are involved

Mobius
Posts a lot
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan Tag: Aᵌ

Post by Mobius » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:29 pm

The Toxic Avenger wrote:
Samurai wrote:

I use that word a ton, seems without realizing how many are involved
It's ok TTA. I'll take responsibility and punishment for the turn-out of this thread. I just didn't know that certain people can't take criticism.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:55 pm

The Toxic Avenger wrote: I'd rather not murder this thread because the OP is legitimate but do we really need to air dirty laundry and bicker for multiple pages immediately after? No.
I didn't realize it was so hard to leave the first post standing while the rest gets chopped. There is no need to axe a whole thread when you could simply, you know, trash the rest and maybe warn some people to stay out of it??????????

Mod Edit: Hi I think it's funny to spam nine million characters and break the forum. Too bad admins are nazis and I got a warning for it.

Dranzer
Forum Regular
Clan: squared

Post by Dranzer » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:58 pm

Decay wrote:
The Toxic Avenger wrote: I'd rather not murder this thread because the OP is legitimate but do we really need to air dirty laundry and bicker for multiple pages immediately after? No.
spam
i can agree with this
<Galactus>you're lightyears away from having me banned for this

^ 3 month ban (6months now nice evade)

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:09 pm

Dranzer wrote:
Decay wrote:
spam
i can agree with this
Thanks bro, but dont bandwagon

Fused
Forum Staff
Clan: TK

Post by Fused » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Can you not
ZCC, A Client Enhancement for Zandronum
Zombie Horde 2 (coming soon) || DoomZ : Overpoch (coming not so soon)

Sean
Zandronum Tester
Clan Tag: [TSPG]

Post by Sean » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Oh, how I wish the banhammer the Sentinel gave me worked on the forums...

Code: Select all

<Decay> csnxs try being less bitter and actually helpful to the community, thanks

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:25 pm

did something cool happen? damn i missed it.
Image ­ ­
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: Doom64 and Diablo2 had a baby

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community
Squad Radio: a WASD-powered chat menu, add your own sounds
AeniPuffs: neat blood and puff effects

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Sean wrote:Oh, how I wish the banhammer the Sentinel gave me worked on the forums...
I don't know where this chip on your shoulder came from. Are you still upset people highlighted you for scrims when you were in a clan?

Ru5tK1ng
Posts a lot

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:11 pm

You are correct but to fair, the thread had basically settled down until a drunk driver tried to derail the thread and turn it into a clan vs clan thread.

Shane wrote:Where is a guide on how to be a good priv captain now? Everyone on here plays well enough, but the team building scenario is absolutely horrendous in a lot of cases. I will agree with Mobius in the sense that these guides are beginning to pile up, another one just isn't going to change what there is currently out there.
This is exactly the whole point I tried to make before people whose names aren't Ammar took the criticism personally for no reason. The video tutorial takes a unique approach compared to the written guides that precede it, however the fact remains that pure 'Beginner' guides are plentiful and they already do the job of giving new players the overview of playing CTF. If any new player actually skimmed through the old guides, they'd be at the point where they could join a CTF server and start playing comfortably.

Essentially it's an ineffective use of time to make Beginner Guides when the community would benefit more from more advanced type of guides such as playing Defense or, as you suggested, how to Cap and not screw up in Priv. Recall the VGL workshop died so there is room for guides covering brief overviews of different maps. A video approach would probably be more effective at showing different scenarios that play out in a real match.

Karakurt wrote:hat's because most of our scrims weren't played outside of NJ. It's not like it matters anyways.
As Mobius already stated: you never offered to play elsewhere when you(HN) asked us for scrims. Don't you all get upset and take my statement personally because I didn't bring it up to brag about winning. I brought it up to simply show Caboose is retarded and should spend less time shit posting. HN was our favorite clan to play against anyway. Tough and extremely coordinated. RIP

Sean wrote:Oh, how I wish the banhammer the Sentinel gave me worked on the forums...
Backseat modding doesn't help the topic. Try actually addressing the OP's video next time or simply buzz off.

cenou
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by cenou » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:36 am

Ammar we can always make a how to be good at styx8 ssl2 and dweller duel video and show the trickles and skillets of how 2 shoot frag for frag to 25-10 any top tier noob

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:56 am

cenou wrote:Ammar we can always make a how to be good at styx8 ssl2 and dweller duel video and show the trickles and skillets of how 2 shoot frag for frag to 25-10 any top tier noob
What is that unreadable incoherent shit? Damn cenn were you educated at all?

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:12 pm

Sorry to bump this.

What I've noticed is in the community has a lack of players casting in game action. Might be worth trying this as casting some old IDL footage, or even some more updated action here in Zandronum could be more helpful to newer players.

Again maybe it would be better to have done this a few years ago when the competitive community was more active, but I think casting CTF scrims or some memorable old matches down the years would be a good move. I wouldn't mind doing this myself, not sure if anyone else would be up for it.