Wrath of Challenge Tourament

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Wrath of Challenge Tourament

Post by Mobius » Thu May 12, 2016 2:40 am

So I see some pub players trying to do some Wrath of Cronos and I figure, why not, and present to you!

Wrath of Challenge

Summary
This tournament will be a summer long tournament set on completed a maplist of megawads using Wrath of Cronos. This will be a single elimination 2 player team tournament to challenge the players ability and their class build. The mappacks will be picked based on balance, strategy, difficulty, and KILLING. Each team will compose of 2 players attempting to beat the round's maplist of a wad selected for that round. Both players of a team will only have 2 lives and if they die on a single map then their team will be eliminated. A player that dies twice in a single map can play again for the next map if their teammate completes the map. You will move onto the next round upon completion of the maplist (since I am only selecting maps from a mappack).

Format
The tournament is made specifically for the availability of the players and the mappacks being used. A round starts after another but the duration between rounds depend on the wad size. A wad size like Crumpets, containing 9 playable maps, will start next week of the previous round whereas Sunlust, which have 32 maps, will start in 2 weeks; however, a team can start their round early if they are available. So let's say Sunlust starts on July 1 and ends at July 7 but you wanted your game on June 27th then that's acceptable. As long as your game is played before the deadline date then you are eligible to proceed (provided your team beats the challenge). A team failing to meet this simplest and lenient of quota will be eliminated from the tournament automatically. The Tournament ends with one team being the last surviving team in the tournament, but if no team completes their games then there will be no winner. This means that no team will be seeded to the next rounding or championship if they do not play.

Rules
  • The Cleric class is officially banned. No team is permitted to use this class except for Real Challenge rounds
  • Both playerrs must be unique in their class choices: no team is allowed two of the same class to be picked. Both players MUST pick one class for the round.
  • A player restarting from level 1 because of death may switch classes; however, you cannot spectate to reselect a class and doing so will result in an infraction.
  • 2 players per team only.
  • You may use aliases only for your team name and keep them consistent. Failure to do so will result in an infraction.
  • Double ammo is only permitted for Real Challenge rounds
  • A player that has been eliminated in a map can play in the next map provided their team member finished the map.
  • Each player only has 2 lives per map.
  • Maplist are the only sanction maps to be played and must be played in full and in order.
  • Players must kill 85 percent of the monsters in every map (Except Real Challenge rounds)
  • Demos are not required but a match must be played with a moderator present in the match.
  • You are NOT allowed to practice on the server hosted for the tournament. You are there to play your match. You will be disqualified for your first offense for violating this rule. You may practice on any other server (same host etc).
  • You may only play your game on the official tournament server. It will be named Wrath of REAL CHALLENGE on Best. Ever.
REAL CHALLENGE
This tournament will feature traditional survival settings and what we call "a real challenge" round. A real challenge round will be a wad with a short maplist selected specifically for Monster Respawn. A wad selected for A REAL CHALLENGE will allow a single player in a team to pick the Cleric class and double ammo will be enabled. The 85 percent monster kill required to clear a map will be removed as well. I will repeat: the maplist for the Real Challenge round will be short since it will take time to complete the map itself. The same rules for the tournament applies beyond the Cleric and Ammo settings.

Infractions and Penalties
There isn't a whole lot you can be punished for. I will disqualify any team for violating their game schedule so PLEASE plan ahead of when a team can play. Make sure you give this time to a moderator of the tournament so someone present can watch and timestamp activity. Other infractions can be inflicted for spectating to switch classes if you do not die will result in a penalty and each penalty will be given to a team based on the actual infraction.
  • Two of the same classes: one of the players will be forced to spectate for 5 maps out of a round or a REAL CHALLENGE MODE for a map or 40 minutes.
  • Spectating mid-game will result in the forced spectating of a player for 10 maps or a REAL CHALLENGE MODE for 3 maps or 90 minutes.
  • Constant aliasing will result in force spectating a player for a few maps or a REAL CHALLENGE MODE for a map or 40 minutes.
  • Repeat violators will have a difficulty curve set on them such as killing spree exp bonuses disabled with a real challenge mode or disqualification from the tournament.
Moderators
  • Mobius (Host of tournament)
  • Slyfox
  • Dranzer
When does it start?
Next week will be official sign ups
May 16, 2016

First Round begins
May 23, 2016

Wad and Maplist announce
[indent]May 16, 2016 - same day as sign ups

Server Settings
http://www.[bad site]/viewconfig?name=woctourny.cfg

IRC and Contact

Zandronum IRC at #WoC or #A3

--------- UPDATE -----------

https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7374

Maplist here
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7375

Good luck!
Last edited by Mobius on Wed May 18, 2016 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Re: Wrath of Challenge Tourament

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu May 12, 2016 2:48 am

too many words sorry won't play now

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Thu May 12, 2016 2:54 am

Combinebobnt wrote:too many words sorry won't play now
Don't worry next time will do a Serpent Resurrection tournament just for you
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Thu May 12, 2016 3:09 am

Did somebody say the only tourney ill probably join this year?

Nati46
Forum Regular

Post by Nati46 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:30 am

What? What is Wrath of Challenge? Where is it hosted? Never heard of this mod before.
Elaborate more about this...

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Thu May 12, 2016 7:12 am

Nati46 wrote:What? What is Wrath of Challenge? Where is it hosted? Never heard of this mod before.
Elaborate more about this...
Maybe you should try reading sometime it'd do you some good.

Code: Select all

You may only play your game on the official tournament server. It will be named Wrath of REAL CHALLENGE on Best. Ever.
Wrath of challenge is a Wrath of Cronos tournament I am running. It's in the first sentence above the title and the first sentence in the first paragraph. How are you going to be an Israeli fighter pilot exactly?

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu May 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Mobius wrote:
God I'd love that to be honest!

But anyway, this looks like a cool tournament and sounds like you finally got over dying so easily in this mod. Cleric ban is funny but I guess it's needed. (Probably a sign that this mod needs some balance)

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Thu May 12, 2016 9:41 pm

Ivan wrote:
Mobius wrote:
God I'd love that to be honest!

But anyway, this looks like a cool tournament and sounds like you finally got over dying so easily in this mod. Cleric ban is funny but I guess it's needed. (Probably a sign that this mod needs some balance)
Is that before or after you get everyone killed activating traps?

Cleric is banned because of Self Perseverance being a free heal+defense buff and Divine Punishment.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Sat May 14, 2016 2:46 am

What happens if the server crashes?, usual stuff in this mod.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat May 14, 2016 9:51 am

Ancalagon wrote:What happens if the server crashes?, usual stuff in this mod.
That has happened in only but a very few wads we ran with this mod. A server crash is out of the control of the team and as such can resume their match in the map they crashed out on. I can be lenient and give the team 1 extra life for both players if the map is too hard to be completed on level 1.

Dranzer
Forum Regular
Clan: squared

Post by Dranzer » Tue May 17, 2016 7:57 pm

<Galactus>you're lightyears away from having me banned for this

^ 3 month ban (6months now nice evade)

Frits
Forum Regular

Post by Frits » Tue May 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Team with me anc?

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon » Wed May 18, 2016 12:00 am

:D

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Wed May 18, 2016 1:53 am