VGL Workshop #02: How to Play: Map13

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Jenova
Under Moderation

RE: VGL Workshop #02: How to Play: Map13

Post by Jenova » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:14 am

Although I feel that people are unfairly bashing your clan for being bad when they themselves are bad players (a lot of people in this thread) maybe you should actually write the guide before you post a topic about it? Like at least write something? This is basically a useless topic. We don't need your announcement that you plan to write a guide, you should actually write the guide them submit it.

Also here is a guide for playing map13:

offense: get the soulsphere and mega armor (armor first so the enemy doesn't steal it)

mid: try to steal their mega armor, damage their 200/200 runner, fall back if he makes it into base or if you don't notice him for a while (in the latter case he probably snuck past you)

d: don't suck / plasma spam / don't suck
Last edited by Jenova on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blitzkrieg
Banned
Clan: Video Game Legends
Clan Tag: [VGL]
Banned: Permanently

RE: VGL Workshop #02: How to Play: Map13

Post by Blitzkrieg » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:37 pm

Well the reason for releasing this earlier is because I mentioned I would do it weekly when in fact plans had changed. Solid start right there though, we'll just have to make it into a format that's presentable. The main reason for posting it early that it is in the works is that we can ensure that enough people are onboard to get it done in a timely manner.

Blitzkrieg
Banned

Re: VGL Workshop #02: How to Play: Map13

Post by Blitzkrieg » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:05 am

Bump! As promised, we have delivered. It doesn't cover everything, but it certainly touches on everything you need to know going into the map. For example, it shows how the teleporters up top are connected, and implies that you can pretty much skip the entire midfield using it. Hope y'all enjoy it! Took us some time. On to the next objective! Critique is welcome as usual, as well.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:06 am

I like this presentation, nice work.

ZZYZX
Posts a lot
Clan: A3
Clan Tag: [A3]

Post by ZZYZX » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:55 am

JPG :(
Also the text is under the left border...
Also opengl filtering and dynlights :( My fault tho.

Overall nice guide but previous had cleaner look.

Blitzkrieg
Banned

Post by Blitzkrieg » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:03 pm

Blame the upload. For some reason imgur decided to reformat my lovely png.

I noticed the screenshots weren't as clean. And the bordering is easily fixable. I decided to format each object as it's own layer, so that's not a problem. :P

Maybe next time you'll help me write the guide! :)

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

-_-
Forum Regular

Post by -_- » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:49 pm

I request map30 or map08 guide.
Or M01 :P

Blitzkrieg
Banned

Post by Blitzkrieg » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Just revised it! Thanks for the feedback guys.

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:27 am

Very good guide, I utilized it very well in our recent scrim, thanks for the tips and tricks

Blitzkrieg
Banned

Post by Blitzkrieg » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:51 pm

Genuinely glad it helped! We're taking suggestions for the third workshop. I'm glad that this one turned out much better than the previous one.

Armitage
Forum Regular
Clan: Exodus
Clan Tag: [E]

Post by Armitage » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:25 am

Would genuinely like to see a guide on 06 as defence is tricky there :v
"He who hesitates is lost".

ZZYZX
Posts a lot
Clan: A3
Clan Tag: [A3]

Post by ZZYZX » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:37 pm

Defense at map 06 in 2.5 words: USE SOUND HEH (also use RL a bit though)
Then just stand back to the teleporter and listen for guys falling out of the tunnel, turn around, aim and shoot. Otherwise look at the three front entrances, and also aim and shoot. The entrance with a switch also makes a sound when they come from there.
You can also try half-mid but it's hard against people who can frag. I personally fail at mid-d there.

also
Ru5tK1ng wrote:Helping your competitors doesn't keep the scene alive, it just makes you easier to beat. You don't see Coaches in professional sports giving away game plans and plays.
You see, I have at least three four five counterarguments here.
1. In this port you're either the clan that beats everyone regardless, or the clan that loses to everyone regardless. +- one guide doesn't change anything.
2. Isn't there more interest in playing against good opponents instead of beating trash over and over?
3. Zandronum isn't comparable to professional sport. Even tournaments here are casual. This is where point 2 works.
4. What about d2m1 duel guide :D ?
5. Unlike professional sports, here private CTF games happen. Where I'd get to play with Armitage who won't know how to d map 06, or with someone who can't play map 18 at all. As such, I'm actually having my interest in helping others.
Last edited by ZZYZX on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blitzkrieg
Banned

Post by Blitzkrieg » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Noted! Anyone else for map06? If enough people want it...then that's what we'll do!

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ

Post by Mobius » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:20 pm

ZZYZX wrote: 1. In this port you're either the clan that beats everyone regardless, or the clan that loses to everyone regardless. +- one guide doesn't change anything.
So what does that make my clan which can lose to like a few clans and then beat a few others? That line makes no sense.
Alien wrote:2. Isn't there more interest in playing against good opponents instead of beating trash over and over?
No amount of guides is going to make the same players that play every day get any better. Who are you writing these guides for? The very clan scene consist of people we've fought for the past 5 years.
Alien wrote:4. What about d2m1 duel guide :D ?
A map that requires infinite patience if your opponent decides to play defensively at the chainsaw. The same map requiring practice and I mean practice against players that are actually good.
Alien wrote:5. Unlike professional sports, here private CTF games happen.
What?

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:11 pm

ZZYZX wrote:Defense at map 06 in 2.5 words: USE SOUND HEH (also use RL a bit though)
Ru5tK1ng wrote:Helping your competitors doesn't keep the scene alive, it just makes you easier to beat. You don't see Coaches in professional sports giving away game plans and plays.
You see, I have at least three four five counterarguments here.
1. In this port you're either the clan that beats everyone regardless, or the clan that loses to everyone regardless. +- one guide doesn't change anything.
So according to you, the only clans that exist are R and VGL?
2. Isn't there more interest in playing against good opponents instead of beating trash over and over?
It's more interesting to just simply play in this slowly dying scene.
3. Zandronum isn't comparable to professional sport. Even tournaments here are casual. This is where point 2 works.
Not duel tournaments. I can assure the top players who took part and won them are beyond the level of 'casual' that you are.
4. What about d2m1 duel guide :D ?
What about it? People like Jkist and Hatred could go toe-to-toe with Dev on map01 because they were good, knew how Dev played and what to counter.
5. Unlike professional sports, here private CTF games happen. Where I'd get to play with Armitage who won't know how to d map 06, or with someone who can't play map 18 at all. As such, I'm actually having my interest in helping others.
Sounds like an interest in bettering them so they can carry you??