DRZ challenges 3D to clan war

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Galactus
Forum Regular

RE: DRZ challenges 3D to clan war

Post by Galactus » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:29 pm

thebestkiller wrote: well, for us its unfair so i guess we won't play, a3 matches yesterday were nice so i think we need a rest ;)
Alright guess we win then! gg wp ez, BTW don't expect to have a lot of scrims when you refuse to play on any decent server.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:31 pm

Argentina is good at surrendering. History repeats itself.

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:32 pm

thebestkiller wrote: nono we have 180-230, the isp's routing are a little unstable here :S
Well then, play on both Brazil and NJ, I don't care. But why use that stupid wad?
Last edited by IdeIdoom on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

thebestkiller

Post by thebestkiller » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:36 pm

it's hard to understand that these conditions are unfair?
our conditions are by far more fair...
why? because it's fair, we dont play IDL, you dont play STCTF
Last edited by thebestkiller on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:39 pm

thebestkiller wrote: it's hard to understand that these conditions are unfair?
our conditions are by far more fair...
why? because it's fair, we dont play IDL, you dont play STCTF
As I said, STCTF is basically a much-MUUUCH inferior version of IDL wad. The only reason you'd use this wad is to play shitty maps nobody knows about. The conditions were fair.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes

thebestkiller

Post by thebestkiller » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:41 pm

which conditions?? mifu's one?? IDL has a lot of maps that we dont know, i think they know them

Fizz
New User

Post by Fizz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:43 pm

thebestkiller wrote: why? because it's fair, we dont play IDL, you dont play STCTF
And that makes it fair.... how? Nobody except you guys play STCTF, how does that make it a fair play?

Edit:
thebestkiller wrote: which conditions?? mifu's one?? IDL has a lot of maps that we dont know, i think they know them
Then we can say the same about your wad.
Last edited by Fizz on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebestkiller

Post by thebestkiller » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:47 pm

as i said, we DONT play IDL. we dont know these maps and you do...
it's simple :
3 in us with stctf
3 in our servers with idl!
also stctf isn't too complex
Last edited by thebestkiller on Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kokiri

Post by Kokiri » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:52 pm

so learn the maps then?
<Siferah>Everyone is banned from #vgl because Ten did like
<Siferah>!flags *!*@* +b
- Hissy set mode: +b *!*@*
- Dastan left (Kicked by Hissy with the following reason: User is banned from this channel)
- Galactus left (Kicked by Hissy with the following reason: User is banned from this channel)
- ChanServ: Siferah (AlienOverlord) set flags +b on *!*@*.
<Siferah>fuc

thebestkiller

Post by thebestkiller » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:54 pm

those maps are cubes with ssg, which thing is less complex than that??

Konar6
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Konar6 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Why can't the challenged clan negotiate conditions? It has to be played 100% by conditions set by the challenger, which may not be considered fair? If they don't know your maps and vice versa, both the map sets should be played. Same goes for servers. Should be played both home and away if they have a dedicated server.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

thebestkiller

Post by thebestkiller » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:14 pm

yeah, that's what i said but they aren't objective :S

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:15 pm

thebestkiller wrote: those maps are cubes with ssg, which thing is less complex than that??
Then you should be fine. If it's so simple, you should able to learn it quickly.

STCTFMP has a lot of maps that are also in IDL201X_a so I dunno what you bitch about. Why would you train with a wad that is so outdated when a yearly based wad is up?
Konar6 wrote: Why can't the challenged clan negotiate conditions? It has to be played 100% by conditions set by the challenger, which may not be considered fair? If they don't know your maps and vice versa, both the map sets should be played. Same goes for servers. Should be played both home and away if they have a dedicated server.
Because the conditions that the challenged clan proposed afterwards were shit. Why change map sets left and right when you can stick to an official one?
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes

thebestkiller

Post by thebestkiller » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:19 pm

nah these conditions aren't shit, they are more fair!

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Konar6 wrote: Why can't the challenged clan negotiate conditions? It has to be played 100% by conditions set by the challenger, which may not be considered fair? If they don't know your maps and vice versa, both the map sets should be played. Same goes for servers. Should be played both home and away if they have a dedicated server.
They should definitely negotiate but negotiating maps packs is simply stupid as fuck. There are way too many ctf map packs to realistically get good at all of them. This means that a clan can simply practice on ancient map packs that haven't been played on skulltag since 2008 (read: stctfmp) where only they know the map.

That's literally the entire reason the idl map pack is standard. I wouldn't even call it the idl map pack anymore anyways, since the idl is dead and rustking took over to add new maps (which prevents the same shitty maps from being played sorta).

Maps that are never played in this pack are rotated out and new maps are added, and sometimes some of those new maps are good (map31 was a new map at one point!!). Using this method still leaves a ton of map variety (32 + masterbowl maps if you want to count those) and makes it more fair because it means there is a set standard for CTF maps. You don't see professional soccer teams "bargaining" because one team only practices soccer on a circular soccer field -- that's just stupid.

The server stuff makes sense, especially if ARG has bad routing and they ping 200 to NJ, but people should stick to one map pack because if you don't you'll get people wanting to scrim you on broken old maps (welcome back floating cities).

ARG can do whatever they want realistically, but if they think people will bend over backwards to play them on a ctf map pack that hasn't been used in years, when the alternative is a standardized ctf map pack that has been used on every single competitive server (scrim, clanwar, pub) for years then that's just stupid.
Last edited by Jenova on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:04 pm

Didn't A3 play them on Return to Fragport? That map is a pile of steaming shit, the IDL wad is standard so people don't have to sift through garbage to find something competent.

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:07 pm

Marcaek wrote: Didn't A3 play them on Return to Fragport? That map is a pile of steaming shit, the IDL wad is standard so people don't have to sift through garbage to find something competent.
Lol if thats true that's absolutely pathetic

Just in case anyone doesn't remember that map:

please don't tell me that was a viable competitive map

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:11 pm

How is it unfair for you, when you get to basically play on a server at your house?

Samurai
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:12 pm

I remember playing against ARG on this map for PRO, lol

Remember playing it in pub too, 8vs8, hide in the top room with the switch door with the flag and you can guarantee a very exciting 0-0 game. Horrible map.

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Zakken
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 pm

thebestkiller wrote: we didn't avoid to play idl, we'll play it if the conditions i said are respected. playing only in usa is unfair for us.... europeans has 80-120 ping and us 180-230 so...
Get better internet. I have 140-150 ping to NJ (sometimes even less than that on a good day), and I once saw Argentinian players with decent internet have roughly the same ping to it.

Also, like Jenova said, forcing the enemy team to play on outlandish maps you happen to be good at simply because you can't be assed to play in a standardised competitive CTF mapset organised and widely accepted by the community is plain dumb. If you live in the same planet as we do, you should know from looking at any other competitive environment that this sort of crap won't fly.