DRZ challenges 3D to clan war

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
thebestkiller

RE: DRZ challenges 3D to clan war

Post by thebestkiller » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:24 pm

seems that you'll never accept fair conditions...

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:29 pm

Soul wrote:Scrims can be played in whatever setting they'd like, but isn't a CTF wad that is commonly played by a good 95% of the CTF players, by definition, a standard?
Commonly agreed standard; however, it isn't an "official" standard by any stretch.
Soul wrote:Also, this is the same crowd that has stuck to their "if you want to challenge us, you'll have to agree to playing in our homemade servers in our own outdated CTF pack" M.O. for years. It's weird to have such demands when a huge percentage of the community plays a different CTF wad from them, and in a stable dedicated server (be it FC+ or GV). Ultimately, it is their choice to stay in their comfort zone, although they shouldn't be expecting many clans to agree to such terms.

Non-issue. I said it to Jenova using his own words against it. It's not negotiable then do not negotiate. Also Irrelevant. Also the same point I made before about advantageous positions. It's fair. There's no rules on this port dictating otherwise.
Soul wrote:They've long crossed the line when they started bragging about their wins and insulting those who lost to them (they also think they can hide their insults by speaking in Spanish, which never worked on me in particular). They've been like that every time I watched them play against clans I'm familiar with a few years ago, and if their not-so-subtle bragging is any indication, I wouldn't put it past them to be the more or less the same as they were since then.
Ultimately irrelevant.

Soul wrote:That would be like me saying I'm objectively a better dueler than you because I beat you in SIPOOMA in a server I hosted in my own house, for example.
You would be right in practice. You are the better dueler because I am the fool who thought I can win and beat you at your home server so many continents away so yeah.
Soul wrote:Indeed, I would have proven myself to be the better player, but only under several conditions that heavily benefited me, and under very unpopular and irregular settings. Nobody in their right minds would give me credibility if I claimed that. But a scenario like that would be "fair" grounds, according to these 3D (aka re-branded ARG/PT) guys.
Then don't play with them. Again it is really not negotiable.

Soul wrote:So why'd you challenge somebody and propose settings that give you the advantage? That would give you a lot less to brag about if you won, not to mention your offer would look less attractive to whoever you're challenging, which is one good reason why there have been quite a few challenges that were never greenlit in the past. Hope this makes sense. c:
A real fight isn't determined by fair. By that logic I should cry foul for 5 years of R picking MAP08 against a majority of the player base who don't know even how to look at MAP08.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:29 pm

thebestkiller wrote: seems that you'll never accept fair conditions...
It appears you have a different definition of fair to everyone else
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:41 pm

I think this very challenge is not fair. It's a bunch of angry men challenging mentally challenged men. Big no no. They have enough challenges as it is.
Last edited by Ivan on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:17 am

BTW just to put it out there A3 has done TDM scrims on my wad which is not a standard wad, on BE which is not a standard scrim server, with DM flags that are not standard, but the results were legit as any other scrim. Others have also scrimmed on my TDM wad as well and they consider their wins/loses legit. I'm sure nobody would care if it were RageCTF or CoreCTF being the base for scrims because people are familiar, but that doesn't dictate them as the new standard in any way.

It seems it boils down to "WAH I cannot play the same maps I've been playing for the past 100 years anymore, I have to play maps I don't know/enjoy playing on!"

But also let me know when Doom gets a massive playerbase like Smite, League of Legends, CS:GO or any of those other games people like to compare this community to. Maybe when there are actual leagues and players who are serious about taking part in huge tournaments with decent cash prizes we should one day in the year never100 return to this topic :cool:
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:26 am

thebestkiller wrote: seems that you'll never accept fair conditions...
So are you saying Jenova's proposal is not fair?

Incase you missed it here it is again.
Jenova wrote:Imo what should be done is:

3 games on NJ, 3D picks all maps
3 games on south american servers, DRZ picks all maps

OR if 3D has 3 euro players and uses all of them:

6-7 games on NJ, alternating map picks (this is assuming both teams ping something similar, since euro -> nj prob ping 100, and south america -> nj also probably 100)
Sounds like to me, that YOU GUYS wont accept fair conditions. I already said this was a fairly sweet deal. Your going to have to play idl though as NJ does not even host stctfmp anymore. Thats something you wont get.

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:06 am

This isn't worth persuing.

Kara Kurt
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Kara Kurt » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:48 am

Razgriz wrote:
But also let me know when Doom gets a massive playerbase like Smite, League of Legends, CS:GO or any of those other games people like to compare this community to. Maybe when there are actual leagues and players who are serious about taking part in huge tournaments with decent cash prizes we should one day in the year never100 return to this topic :cool:
Where's Cecil.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:04 am

Marcaek wrote: This isn't worth persuing.
Or pursuing, right :)
Last edited by Ivan on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Tai

Post by Tai » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:55 pm

Without going into a long drawn out post like I'm prone to do, I do wanna say that at the end of the day, I just question 3D's genuine interests. Do they play stctfmp just because that's what they prefer, or because they know for a fact that no one really plays that WAD anymore, so that's 3D's way to get their "edge" (or, just their jollies at annoying their opponent)?

Cause the idea that 3D would want to play scrims on maps like "Return of Fragport" and then would brag about winning there after the fact, only to as I put it "automatically reject" the IDL wad that's filled with maps everyone's used to is bothersome to me if I'm running a clan and deciding whether to play them. I'm all for the idea of not wanting to be restricted to "standards", hey, have yourself a Deathball or One-flag CTF scrim once in a while! I wouldn't be opposed to R doing that sometime. But is that what 3D is REALLY about?

HOw is what 3D doing really any different from the alleged "my way or the highway" approach that guys like Mobius supposedly see in "standardized" settings of competition? Seriously, why does it seem like 3D feels that stctfmp is the only way to go when it wasn't even considered a way to go back in it's heyday? I don't think it's unfair to 2nd guess that personally, and quite honestly, I'm not impressed by 3D's representative's answers. DO they really care about the servers? Also, would they be opposed to RageCTF or CoreCTF? Hey, go with those then if DRZ agrees. But 3D can't have it both ways; I'd sympathize with them a little if they just wanted anything but the IDL WAD, but they can't go and reject everything BUT stctfmp, especially considering how outdated it is.

If they truly are only about stctfmp for CTF scrims, considering everything wrong with that WAD, I believe their motives should be questioned, absolutely. Maybe they are just oddballs, but I've seen subtle trolls get away with far less.

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:07 am

Yea this is not happening as we can not get an accord/agreement on terms here.

It would of been cool but alas, no one is willing to give up something. So for now We'll postpone this and re-draft the challenge (thats right, 3D is not off the hook yet)

@Tai: 3D has hinted to me after playing in a pub server with them that they wouldn't mind a multi gamemode clan war which does sound alot fun :D so what I might do is remake this thread later to see if we can agree on something. Might be a huge one in this case.

Torvald
Forum Regular

Post by Torvald » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:57 am

Tai wrote: ...have yourself a Deathball or One-flag CTF scrim once in a while! I wouldn't be opposed to R doing that sometime. But is that what 3D is REALLY about?
R vs CAD in freeze tag?

On topic: I have to agree with the point made about ctf wads. There's a reason a standard map pack exists. There are simply too many wads and maps too choose from, leaving any clan capable of being unstoppable on an unknown map to other clans. It's a shame that a proper compromise could be reached, maybe CAD will have to give DRZ a run for their money.
Cyber: was chased by cowboys
Nautilus: Cowboys? more like a buncha kids chasing a fucking ice cream truck
UnixAssassin wrote: The definition of cheating is not this: Using an aim assisting tool in a game
BEST.EVER.
Teamspeak: WUMBO.CA

Ru5tK1ng

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:47 am

I get the feeling everyone was reverse trolled by the South Americans...

That's why it's a good idea to never take them too seriously. :wink:
Projects

EonDM - With Hatred as my sidekick.
RageCTF - Made 1 map and did much more.
DBAB LMS - Pack made for Last Man Standing.
EonWeapons - Improve vanilla weapons and add stuff for kicks.
Progressive Duel - Leaving the old behind.
IDL201X CTF - Maintaining since 2013.
Strife AA - Helped tested + 1 map

Doomkid
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:33 am

stctfmp is easily the BEST ctf wad ever, better than dwango5 even