SSL2 Tournament - Killstrike wins

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Xaver

RE: SSL2 Tournament - Second Round

Post by Xaver » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:33 pm

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:18 am

Raddok and Killstrike have till midnight monday gmt to play, pretty sure neither of you will read this but tried contacting on irc so what evvvs

Raddok

Post by Raddok » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:36 pm

First off, I never signed up for this tourney. I never filled out any sign up page or anything like that. You should really avoid entering people into your tournaments based on something they said weeks ago.

Also, Killstrike wins. He beat me by like 20 the first game and 4 the second.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Shut the fuck up Raddok you complete mong. There is no sign up page for one, secondly I asked you in duel server "do you want to play in ssl2 tournament" and you said you would so hows about you pipe down.

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:01 pm

Remember when calm posts about not joining a tournament was supposed to be responded to with an unnecessary barrage of insults
Last edited by Slyfox on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:07 pm

Slyfox wrote: Remember when calm posts about not joining a tournament was supposed to be responded to with an unnecessary barrage of insults
He's passive aggresive imo. Also he did join he just didn't think he did and thinks it's alright to get cheeky about it. I have no time for these people.

Dranzer
Forum Regular
Clan: squared

Post by Dranzer » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:14 pm

Slyfox wrote: Remember when calm posts about not joining a tournament was supposed to be responded to with an unnecessary barrage of insults
me neither

Raddok

Post by Raddok » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:01 am

one_Two wrote:
He's passive aggresive imo. Also he did join he just didn't think he did and thinks it's alright to get cheeky about it. I have no time for these people.
"Also, he did join, he just didn't think he did."

That's like saying, "Well, she liked that I raped her, she just doesn't know it yet."

I'm not passive-aggressive, I'm stating facts. I did NOT join your tournament. I expressed interest WEEKS ago, and you're an idiot for thinking that still applies almost a month later. It's NORMAL to have sign ups, and ask that people formally put themselves in your tournament. Even Dragon required that people sign up independently, and he's an idiot of his own breed.

The only reason I played this match is because you so callously assumed I wanted to, so you 'signed me up' forcefully, and I'm not so disrespectful as to cop out because the proctor is a moron. I have more integrity than that.

Align your brain with common sense so you avoid mistakes like these in the future. It would behoove you as a tournament organizer to carry yourself better than instantly shooting someone down for politely asking that you don't sign them up in tourneys with which they do not (CURRENTLY) want to be involved.

"I don't have time for these people." - says the retard hosting tournaments for games from the early 90's.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:11 am

I asked you whether you wanted to join tournament and you said yes, thus you were in the tournament at that point - before it started, you knew you were in tournament at least 4 weeks ago as you asked me in IRC. You are the only person to date who when replying "yes" to "do you want to join the tournament" treated this as not having joined the tournament.
Showing interest would be "I'll think about it" or "maybe", not "yes, I'll play". Plenty of people have joined my tournaments in past having not posted in thread.
Alright semi final draw made
Last edited by one_Two on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raddok

RE: SSL2 Tournament - Semi Final

Post by Raddok » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:16 am

Again, that was something that happened weeks ago. I said, "Yes, I'll play." Thinking you might be organizing a tournament soon. If you had launched the tourney within days of me saying that, your claim would make PERFECT sense. As it stands, you sound like an imbecile for making assumptions based on month-old info. That's what we call, "Out of date."

I'm the only one that had an issue, because I'm apparently the only one that got busy IRL since you went around asking people. I haven't played a lick of Doom in over a week prior to the match I played today. Not exactly out of the ordinary considering you probably have a small handful of people participating. If you have a problem with that, I can't appease you.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:23 am

Yes the tournament was already launched and started very soon after you signed up thus my claim makes perfect sense. Was your first round not a bye you'd have played very soon after signing up.
Infact you can see on the first page there are 5 days between you agreeing to play and the tournament starting.
Last edited by one_Two on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:03 am

This is the first time I've seen people argue about having joined a tournament or not.

Xaver

Post by Xaver » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:10 pm

I forgot to record but Killstrike beat me 2-0

-_-
Forum Regular

Post by -_- » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:21 pm

There's screenshots (posting for killstr1ke)
Spoiler: Game 1 (Open)
Spoiler: Game 2 (Open)

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:46 am

Standing by thoughts on the matter but apologies for my language and attitude regarding raddok.. I appreciate it isn't the best way to run a tournament. Also appreciate that no one may actualy care but w.e.
Jwar and Capo play when you can please.
Last edited by one_Two on Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:38 am

To be honest if I were asked to join a tournament my first response would not be "Sure" it would be "When does it start"

There's no excuse when you can ask the right questions instead of agreeing to something blindly. One_Two's problem is he didn't say when it would be starting, Raddok's problem is he doesn't have a brain in his head, ez game ez lyfe.
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Jwarrier » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Capo wins some close ones 2-0.

Game 1 50-49 Capo
Game 2 50-47 Capo

Screenshots

Demo
Last edited by Jwarrier on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing demo of that if you have it Jwar, ggs anyway, should be a great final :)

Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

RE: SSL2 Tournament - Final - Capo Vs Killstrike!

Post by Jwarrier » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Demo has been added.

-_-
Forum Regular

RE: SSL2 Tournament - Final - Capo Vs Killstrike!

Post by -_- » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:36 am

KS won 2-0
Spoiler: Game 1 (Open)
Spoiler: Game 2 (Open)
Actually with lagging
Last edited by -_- on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.