-

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Qent
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Decay's Guide to Running Tournaments.

Post by Qent » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Decay wrote: The best hosts for ZA arguably would be NJ, GV, and Node-3.
Node-3 has been dead for some time now.

TerminusEst13
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by TerminusEst13 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:21 pm

1: Establish a reputation

People need to know who the tournament organizer is for it to be successful. People who crop up out of the boonies aren't going to have a smooth ride because there is no respect for them. People who are respected or at least well known have a much better chance of people following their lead and rules.
I don't think tournaments should be about "You must be at least THIS internet popular to host".
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Springy
Forum Regular

Post by Springy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:30 pm

TerminusEst13 wrote:
1: Establish a reputation

People need to know who the tournament organizer is for it to be successful. People who crop up out of the boonies aren't going to have a smooth ride because there is no respect for them. People who are respected or at least well known have a much better chance of people following their lead and rules.
I don't think tournaments should be about "You must be at least THIS internet popular to host".
I do agree with you but I think he's saying it's more of an advantage to have a reputation in the competitive area of the Doom community, which I think is correct personally. People are more than likely to follow rules and take part in events if it is hosted by a well known user, by that I mean: someone who has been known to host tournament like events successfully.
[quote=Zero X Diamond ]Careful, you don't want to push that Pikachu dude to action. Who knows what unspeakable things lie in store for you? Maybe he'll... send you another nasty tweet![/quote]
[quote=Sonter_Man]Autism runs amok on zandaemon[/quote]

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:22 am

Sticky for greatness.
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day