Clean up of the clan section

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
HTG
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Wicked Sick
Clan Tag: WS

Clean up of the clan section

Post by HTG » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:20 am

Hey, first of all sorry if i posted this the wrong place

Onto the main point, there's a few clans on the clan section that have been dead for quite some time yet haven't been removed. Im in no way blaming the current forum admins for this at all as i know not everyone has a lot of free time, but i think it would be nice if a few of these threads were sent to dead/inactive clans bit to clean it up a bit.

The clans i know are dead:
[ID]
[VGL]/<N> alliance
[Vo] Volts

Clans im not 100% sure are dead:
[RV] Red Viper
[MS] Machine Shop
}DW{ Dogs of war

So it would be cool if the leaders of the clans on the second list maybe got in touch, but again i know this isn't always 100% possible

Anyway i was hoping that, when you guys have the time, you could abyss the clans in the first list and question those in the second, thanks in advance!
Last edited by HTG on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

RE: Clean up of the clan section

Post by Samurai » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:43 am

Yeah I agree, it would be nice to keep this part of the forum updated, along with the wiki. To be fair there are a lot of clans in zandro that aren't up here either, would be nice if each clan had an active member who could keep their clan forum page updated.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:24 am

The thing with those clans that would end up in the second list is every time they get moved, PM's are sent asking to move it out of the dead section thus wasting time. At this point it's kinda hard to guess which ones are dead and which aren't considering you can't judge their forum activity since most aren't forum warriors.

And I don't know how some of those clans ended up on your list like J and V, remember just because you don't seem them playing CTF doesn't mean they're not a real clan. The only ones I'm sure about are the first two since neither of those clans exist anymore, and you can't judge on last post date because everything below EL would get nuked, and that's not fair to the people's clans who are around but don't post on the forums much. I will move the first two and any other one I think will be gone, but if the clan section bothers you that much then I'm afraid you might be spending too much time on the forums :(
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:58 am

HTG wrote: Clans im not 100% sure are dead:
Jormungand
[RV] Red Viper
[V] Victory!
[MS] Machine Shop
}DW{ Dogs of war
The SSS
I can confirm that only SSS and Jormungand are the only ones alive out of those. While updating the wiki I've noticed that none of the other clans are alive.

This should be the current clan list if I am not mistaken: http://wiki.zandronum.com/Clans
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

HTG

Post by HTG » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:22 am

Razgriz wrote: The thing with those clans that would end up in the second list is every time they get moved, PM's are sent asking to move it out of the dead section thus wasting time. At this point it's kinda hard to guess which ones are dead and which aren't considering you can't judge their forum activity since most aren't forum warriors.

And I don't know how some of those clans ended up on your list like J and V, remember just because you don't seem them playing CTF doesn't mean they're not a real clan. The only ones I'm sure about are the first two since neither of those clans exist anymore, and you can't judge on last post date because everything below EL would get nuked, and that's not fair to the people's clans who are around but don't post on the forums much. I will move the first two and any other one I think will be gone, but if the clan section bothers you that much then I'm afraid you might be spending too much time on the forums :(
Yeah my bad on both lists actually, i should of done a bit more research than to just list a clan that doesn't have regular forum members, so i take fault in that.

Also it's not that the current clan section is the main issue really for me, but it would be nice to know if some of these clans are still around, since a few of them don't have irc channels either (which is understandable as well)
Last edited by HTG on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erma
Forum Regular

Post by Erma » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:55 am

I have to admit: Jormungand is quite inactive when it comes to like; the competitive scene. Personally, I've been taking some distance from Zandro considering that I have a full time job, have other things to do than Zandro and play other games which are currently more interesting to me, e.g.: Super Smash Bros 4, Path of Exile, Bayonetta 2 -> Lots of grinding to get all of those damned items... (No offense to Zandro, still as awesome \m/).

I do go on my GVH server every day for a couple of hours and try to think for any potentially good idea's for its future. Apparently, some people still like it (Though even I don't know why...)

My competitive "life" (let's just call it that for now..) comes and goes like the tides. I've been pumped up with the revival of J (going to keep it alive for sures this time) and we could be playing competitively in the future... Once I have enough members, including myself, that are willing to stay competitive 24/7.

TL;DR: Still alive! Though we're playing others games more than Zandro.

HTG

Post by HTG » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Yeah as i said, my bad for listing your clan. I should of done more research.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:40 pm

How out just an [Inactive] prefix for the thread name instead like how we have [ALPHA], [BETA], [FINAL], etc for project threads? At least then you wouldn't have to nuke them.

Of course this doesn't solve the problem of players who just don't use the forums.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:43 pm

I think it's better they are nuked as they just clutter the thread area for no reason.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:44 pm

We have a subforum for inactive/dead clans already

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Razgriz wrote: The thing with those clans that would end up in the second list is every time they get moved, PM's are sent asking to move it out of the dead section thus wasting time. At this point it's kinda hard to guess which ones are dead and which aren't considering you can't judge their forum activity since most aren't forum warriors.

I get it that you don't want to waste time doing that as it is annoying for you and the OP, but you should at least give a week's (at least) notice before moving the clan to inactivity/dead as it gives time for the OP to respond. And new players coming on the forums in search of new clans will see all of these clans and try to talk with the "leaders" through PM and what not. It's better for everyone as you don't see a cluster of supposed active clans.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks