#pubctf a reiteration of #rexnay

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Shane
Forum Regular
Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: [R]

#pubctf a reiteration of #rexnay

Post by Shane » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:10 pm

Alright so, basically same idea before just different name since a lot of players seemed to have an issue on Rexnay. Understandable, I was going to originally expand rexnay as my personal playground for weekly events and then poof, no more free time but I still want to help out competition and I can't help but enjoy pub ctf every so often so why not give people a hub for it.

I've reshipped the admin list considering Iced, Water and Ammar's absences from irc a majority of the time which is alright it's not like this is a really big thing anyway, I might just keep Terminus on since he always idled previously and just throw watakid on for good measure or whatever.

But yeah, public capture the flag channel for all your highlighting needs
#pubctf

I put it as pubctf as to not get newer players confused as to what kind of public dooming this is, obviously. Begin idling/highlighting to your leisure now.

Lollipop
Zandrone

RE: #pubctf a reiteration of #rexnay

Post by Lollipop » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:44 pm

I hope this will help getting some pub ctf going, though just waiting on a server actually works most of the time I try it (not too often sadly, school and lack of energy).

I liked the name rexnay though, if the channel still exist, then maybe you can use it for something?
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:49 pm

i support this.

Samurai
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:42 pm

I dont mean to rain on your parade, but i'm not sure what renaming an IRC channel will do to boost people playing pub ctf more than they already do. I hope it works though, and i'll add it to my auto join list.

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Kara Kurt

Post by Kara Kurt » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:44 pm

Actually I didn't know there was a channel dedicated to the pubctf and now I know there is one I could use it instead of bothering asking people to play public ctf in every other channels but this.

#pubctf sounds nice.

Shane
Forum Regular
Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: [R]

Post by Shane » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:26 am

yeah I forgot to mention that not everyone found it very easy to make their way to #rexnay considering no one knew what the channel's purpose was and hardly do players really ever get on the forums to look, so just something more easier to understand and follow