competition and you: a beginners guide to the twisted world of competitive doom

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
legion
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

competition and you: a beginners guide to the twisted world of competitive doom

Post by legion » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Hello viewer! As you may have already guessed, this thread is about the competition to be had on Zandronum! You may be asking "What is this crazy thing called Zandronum anyway?" See me!
Here are a few things you should know about the competitive side.

• In any case, the world of competition can be murky and threatening to look at, but don't fret! Everyone starts out like you, new and wondering about this world that loves to shout at them. You will also tend to be vastly underrated for a very long time. Use this to your advantage, learn new tricks, and learn how this game works.
  • Trash talk happens. This is inherit in nearly every game since pong and throwing rocks at each other. Don't sweat the small stuff and just keep playing, and people will realize you mean business and you aren't just a fairweather player.
  • Challenging people is alright! In fact, it is encouraged! One should always strive to challenge those who may give them a hard time or just for fun.
  • Drama usually isn't encouraged, but it can be hilarious for those who are not involved. Before you start wildly misquoting me, you should take a close look at what I say. Drama tends to turn those involved into laughingstocks or just publicly displaying their idiocy. Try not to cause drama unless you really love it or something. (It will probably get removed if it dips below the threshold of acceptable post quality. I.e: "you fucking suck")
  • Cheating will never be tolerated and will probably get you removed from almost every competitive server around. Masterbans notwithstanding, you will probably be banned for a longer time than listed on a masterban (if you aren't already banned forever).
  • Typically, when clans battle each other, it is referred to as a "scrim." Usually, a gamemode is selected and they do a best of 3/5/7/100000 match. Much more rarely, they will engage in a debacle called a "clan war." These haven't occurred in a good while and will definitely be welcomed to make a comeback.
  • Above all, have fun!
Last edited by legion on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shane
Forum Regular
Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: [R]

RE: competition and you: a beginners guide to the twisted world of dickwaving

Post by Shane » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:58 pm

You should probably just replace the name Zandronum with DooM, as it covers pretty much all ports. Except for the Drama part, each port has it's own thing:

Odamex - So much shit talk
Zandronum - The actual drama
ZDaemon - Most matches resulting in spanish and 'jajajaja xD' conversations

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

RE: competition and you: a beginners guide to the twisted world of dickwaving

Post by Mobius » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Fairweather? Maybe I am, but I think I am more of a Mayweather.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Lollipop
Zandrone

RE: competition and you: a beginners guide to the twisted world of competitive doom

Post by Lollipop » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:12 pm

I do not know much about clan wars in zandronum, as I have never seen one... are allied clans allowed in clan wars?
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: competition and you: a beginners guide to the twisted world of competitive doom

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 pm

...Yes. Why wouldn't you be able to rofl

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Lollipop the gravedigger rofl
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:34 am

I dig the graves, because I'm useless for anything else :P
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there