The Public CTF Channel

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Shane
Forum Regular
Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: [R]

The Public CTF Channel

Post by Shane » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:19 pm

An alternative to only highlighting clan channels, since they don't seem to have many active players who want to play public ctf. It works a little like #priv did, except of course theres no boundaries to who can play and when, rules are linear and I have moderators in place to take care of any mishaps.

The idea is the same, idle in the channel and if you're feelin' like you want to play some public capture the flag games, just highlight the players in the channel of course this also means that you yourself will be subjected to highlights so if you get annoyed by them well then it might not be a good idea for you.

Feel free to idle in the channel if you want to see regular pub ctf!

Channel - #Rexnay

Moderators - Armour, Iced, Moti, Shane, Water

Rules:

1) If you are highlighting, please keep it to a minimal of atleast one highlight every hour. Pub players aren't exactly built to withstand how priv players usually have it.

2) Not everyone is up at the same time as you; in other words, don't call for euro pub if it's 4:00 am your time and the only players online are mainly American/EST

3) Feel free to call for pub on any ctf server and or wad, but please keep it as ctf, I don't think mods today have any issue getting a large player population.

Ironically enough we double up as an server administration channel to Grandvoid and Funcrusher.

See Armour or Water for Funcrusher
And Iced for Grandvoid

Code: Select all

If you're viewing this and you want to know how to highlight quickly without typing every player's individual name, just type the first 2 letters of their name and press 'Tab' the auto complete function will do the rest
Last edited by Shane on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: The Public CTF Channel

Post by Combinebobnt » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Hey look something like this finally happened.

Springy
Forum Regular

Post by Springy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Good too see pub making a return (props to the channel idea), I will probably join in once I get my PC sorted. Now if only something similar could be done to bring back some DM games.
[quote=Zero X Diamond ]Careful, you don't want to push that Pikachu dude to action. Who knows what unspeakable things lie in store for you? Maybe he'll... send you another nasty tweet![/quote]
[quote=Sonter_Man]Autism runs amok on zandaemon[/quote]

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:59 pm

DM is pub too, how about starting up some TDM games sometime?

Springy
Forum Regular

Post by Springy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Marcaek wrote: DM is pub too, how about starting up some TDM games sometime?
I know it means DM too. The post states however that it is to be kept CTF for now. I wouldn't mind starting up a TDM game once I get stuff sorted. I should note that there is a server up for the beta of BucketDM 2 (on Union servers) if some people wanted a new WIP DM wad to play online.
[quote=Zero X Diamond ]Careful, you don't want to push that Pikachu dude to action. Who knows what unspeakable things lie in store for you? Maybe he'll... send you another nasty tweet![/quote]
[quote=Sonter_Man]Autism runs amok on zandaemon[/quote]

Shane
Forum Regular
Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: [R]

Post by Shane » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:03 am

This channel is also serving as the alternative to "getting the new players active and known", a lot of people think we need to host tournaments and such when I think there should just be more pub ctf. However thats the only reason why I'm keeping it that way, a DM channel wouldn't be bad but then the consistencies would start up as there might be a channel for every individual gamemode.

I'd much rather keep mine about CTF, and then just use /amsg like I always do to ask for DM/TDM players.