New private CTF update (MUST READ)

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Watermelon
Zandrone

New private CTF update (MUST READ)

Post by Watermelon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:42 am

Private CTF Rulebook/Handbook

== This will be going into effect March 1st 2013 with a new password ==

Private CTF is a server with a password so that people dedicated to playing high skill levels of CTF are able to play with other members who have the same endeavors and goals of pursuing skill. If you not like this kind of gameplay, then obviously you won't be interested in the rest of this post. For those who want to get the password and/or be up to date, read on.

Site for the password:
http://www.funcrusherplus.net/

Rules you must follow (NEW RULES IN BOLD):
- Should be 3v3 or 4v4
- Pointlimit should be 5, timelimit 10-15 unless there is universal agreement on a change
- Captains are picked at the beginning, people may cap without randcapping and will get priority over randcaps
- The first 30 seconds should not have randcaps called, anyone who joins in the first 30 seconds or so will override any randcap pick; if one person is up when randcaps is called, the second spot will be filled by the second [map] pick player unless the priv community at that time wants otherwise
- AFK players should star (asterisk *), not starring while frequently going afk will result in a warning and punishment if it continues; when in doubt... star!
- Anything to disrupt gameplay will result in a ban
- ATTEMPT to not shit-talk, but it won't get you banned unless you go overboard; competitive is competitive so anger is not an uncommon emotion and we understand that -- but it is not a valid excuse to go on a full-blown verbal trollraid on the server
- Captains can choose how many people are per team (either 3 or 4)
- Disrupting the captains because you don't like their choice will result in punishment unless the captain does something to disrupt the flow of gameplay
- Spreading the password will result in a ban
- Get your password on the NJ site, or from someone trusted
- Bans on either american server will be applied to the other one, no more free rides by trolling on one server and getting away freely on the other
- People should know how to at least play CTF; this is common sense really but apparently some don't so I have to write this...
- You do not have to cap twice in a row in case randcaps picks you twice
- If no one caps in the first 30 seconds and randcaps is called and you're picked, refusing to cap means you will in turn have to sit that round
- Retarded bind spam has a very low tolerance limit, do it at your own risk
- NO ALIASING
- Anything else I havent covered that violates common sense will be handled on a case by case basis

Why are we using the password site so strictly?
Too many people who don't know how to play priv are getting in an ruining it. You're ruining the game for the people who want to play good games. Priv isn't meant to be "for the best", as the whole idea is about people getting better, but we do not cater to horrible players who show no interest in getting better. If you think you will violate any of these rules, CONTACT ME. I will help you. It's not actually that hard to get into priv, the only thing you need is the desire to play and get better. We'll help you along from there.

I want to up my skill, how do I do so since there's not really any pub?
- Play duels
- Play pub on ZD, it's really active
- Play on odamex with helping IDL teams practice
- Play deathmatch games to increase your aim
- Watch demos (check out the International Doom League for tons of demos on your favorite maps)
- Ask players for advice and/or to help you practice
- Join a clan and scrim with them
- Read a guide (see links section)

How do I get someone to approve my account on the funcrusher website?
PM an admin, you should probably come primarily to me, or any of the admins in the list. I don't recall who has access to deny/approve, but I do. This will also give me a headcount of who is on the login list and who isn't.
I will be in every clan channel as of Feb 28th 2013.

Links to read:

Old thread on priv:
http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=524

Essential CTF guide:
http://forums.intldoomleague.org/index.php?topic=532.0
Last edited by Watermelon on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparr0w
Forum Regular
Clan: Exodus
Clan Tag: [E]

RE: New private CTF update (MUST READ)

Post by Sparr0w » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:51 am

Why not do what Konar and GV did?
<Leonard> I've been denied all the best ultrasex

[Saturday, May 28, 2016 7:29 PM] Ross Moore:
I mean I'd jerk off all day to If I could find my dick but I'm too fat

[spoiler]22:13 <ALMN> ranch dressing is in my blood
22:13 <ALMN> and also probably why i'm fat but that's beside the point
22:19 <ALMN> you guys hate on odamex all you want
22:19 <ALMN> it doesn't change the fact that
22:19 <@Razgriz--> its dead
22:19 <Decay> it sucks?
22:19 <@Razgriz--> u rite[/spoiler]

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:54 am

Sparr0w wrote: Why not do what Konar and GV did?
That is planned for at the moment, but this will hopefully clean up some of the stuff that has been too relaxed in priv

Also added before I go to sleep:
- NO ALIASING
Failure to reveal the name on the first time is a ban without question
Last edited by Watermelon on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tenchu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: LF

Post by Tenchu » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:08 am

Watermelon wrote: - Captains are picked at the beginning, people may cap without randcapping and will get priority over randcaps
- The first 30 seconds should not have randcaps called, anyone who joins in the first 30 seconds or so will override any randcap pick; if one person is up when randcaps is called, the second spot will be filled by the second [map] pick player unless the priv community at that time wants otherwise
There should be an additional rule stating that two same players may not cap consecutively. We had that problem in the old days of priv before the advent of randcaps when we would have the same two caps 3-4 games in a row and it would get so dull.
[22:42:21] [@SkullRush] ok guys today was one of the worst days of my life i spent p much 18 hours in my pc watching hentai and played doom with huge lag i guess i shiould go to bed now
[22:42:26] [@SkullRush] if i dont suicide, see you guys tomorrow
[22:42:29] [@SkullRush] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb^_^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[22:43:02] • Quit: (SkullRush) (~SkullRush@SkullRush.users.zandronum.com) ("Quitting")
[22:43:40] [+Jenova] wow
[22:43:47] [+Jenova] ur avg zandronum player ladies and gentlemen

Reach Term
Forum Regular

Post by Reach Term » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:21 am

Watermelon wrote:
Also added before I go to sleep:
- NO ALIASING
Failure to reveal the name on the first time is a ban without question
Well there goes my creative celebrity alias names gimmick. Though, an emphases on "Zero Tolerance" is well needed.

ZZYZX
Posts a lot
Clan: A3
Clan Tag: [A3]

Post by ZZYZX » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Do you post the above as Funcrusher or as Spak (BE) admin?

long text was here because I can't read properly
Last edited by ZZYZX on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:15 pm

If you read closer, he says it'll be on ALL American servers, so you don't have certain people trolling on one server and getting no penalty because they can just play on the other.

ZZYZX
Posts a lot

Post by ZZYZX » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:20 pm

It's not about bans, it's about BE (Spak) using Funcrusher passwords for some odd reason.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:28 pm

I put in for that PW time ago, You're saying it has changed? I always lose track of what pw's is what.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:28 pm

[BE] and [NJ] are friendly to each other, and having different passwords for each CTF server is a mess.

Strych6
Forum Regular

Post by Strych6 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:14 pm

- ALL password requests must go through the NJ site, no exceptions; handing it out to your friend will get you banned as well, you have been warned
I can see where this comes from, but the quip strikes me as an ill-mannered form of idealism. How many club club-clubs do there have to be here, when the player count averages to about 9?

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Circunei Z wrote: It's not about bans, it's about BE (Spak) using Funcrusher passwords for some odd reason.
BE is not owned by Spak, it is owned by Jenova. There just happens to be a heavy frequency of Spak players who go there.

Strych6 wrote:
- ALL password requests must go through the NJ site, no exceptions; handing it out to your friend will get you banned as well, you have been warned
I can see where this comes from, but the quip strikes me as an ill-mannered form of idealism. How many club club-clubs do there have to be here, when the player count averages to about 9?
I apologize though I don't follow what you're saying, could you please clarify? Thanks in advance!

Strych6
Forum Regular

Post by Strych6 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:00 pm

I'll paraphrase, sorry

Im able to sense where this comes from [as, there are bound to be hindrances in priv],
but the comment seems like an ill-mannered instance of (addressing a natural, reoccurring issue with written systems? not sure how else to put it).
Why is there a 'nesting doll' of hurdles for doomers, when the player count averages to about under 10 [that is, competitive d2 folk at moments of the day)

Additionally I should add, I think the trolls/hindrances are a lot less prevalent/frequent now, than years back. If the state we're in for February 2013 is bad, I'm not looking forward to how the response will be when doom actually get's a heavy wave of new players.
Last edited by Strych6 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Strych6 wrote: I'll paraphrase, sorry

Im able to sense where this comes from [as, there are bound to be hindrances in priv],
but the comment seems like an ill-mannered instance of (addressing a natural, reoccurring issue with written systems? not sure how else to put it).
Why is there a 'nesting doll' of hurdles for doomers, when the player count averages to about under 10 [that is, competitive d2 folk at moments of the day)

Additionally I should add, I think the trolls/hindrances are a lot less prevalent/frequent now, than years back. If the state we're in for February 2013 is bad, I'm not looking forward to how the response will be when doom actually get's a heavy wave of new players.
Ah ok now I think I understand
If I did:
The rules are a guideline, mainly to stop things that have been going down in priv. So far there has been a shoot up in people who come and and troll and people/who don't care; while I don't want to do this... I sadly had no choice due to their actions.
For most privs, I find that they get full pretty quickly and it's not uncommon for every priv game to have 13-14+ people.

Sadly I don't know how many new waves of players we will get, it seems to only be one to two new people every few months; though that probably is expected for a ~20 year old game :(
Believe it or not I think very recently we just had an influx of 8 or so people in a period of a week, and this is what is bringing the problems. Without well defined rules they may think they can just do whatever.

If that makes no sense I can re-clarify

ZZYZX
Posts a lot

Post by ZZYZX » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:37 am

Watermelon wrote: BE is not owned by Spak, it is owned by Jenova. There just happens to be a heavy frequency of Spak players who go there.
Actually I meant that you moved Spak/Death Row servers to BE.

Xenaero

Post by Xenaero » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 pm

It's not really private anymore, it should more be called invite ctf.

Strych6
Forum Regular

Post by Strych6 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Xenaero wrote: It's not really private anymore, it should more be called invite ctf.

Yea, this. Lately, the priv activity seems dormant on my end. I was assuming it's just a phase but, egh-

whatever. I should be more concerned about why no one plays DM/LMS anymore.
It doesn't strike anyone as eerie? ...Anyone?

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Me and keo were working on a private TLMS wad, but its forever on hold.

Tenchu
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: LF

Post by Tenchu » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:13 am

Strych6 wrote:
Xenaero wrote: It's not really private anymore, it should more be called invite ctf.

Yea, this. Lately, the priv activity seems dormant on my end. I was assuming it's just a phase but, egh-
It's not just you. Priv activity has definitely been in decline since the introduction of this awful new website password system. It's literally suffocating priv.
[22:42:21] [@SkullRush] ok guys today was one of the worst days of my life i spent p much 18 hours in my pc watching hentai and played doom with huge lag i guess i shiould go to bed now
[22:42:26] [@SkullRush] if i dont suicide, see you guys tomorrow
[22:42:29] [@SkullRush] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb^_^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[22:43:02] • Quit: (SkullRush) (~SkullRush@SkullRush.users.zandronum.com) ("Quitting")
[22:43:40] [+Jenova] wow
[22:43:47] [+Jenova] ur avg zandronum player ladies and gentlemen

Hammerfest-
Forum Regular
Clan: A3.33333333333333333
Clan Tag: A3.33333333

Post by Hammerfest- » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Ten wrote:
Strych6 wrote:

It's not just you. Priv activity has definitely been in decline since the introduction of this awful new website password system. It's literally suffocating priv.
Uh...what?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the new website password system isn't the thing killing priv. Everyone and their dogs can get the password from someone else, and it's happened before where random people would magically appear in priv.
Last edited by Hammerfest- on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swift as a breeze, fierce as a gale.