Private CTF is a server with a password so that people dedicated to playing high skill levels of CTF are able to play with other members who have the same endeavors and goals of pursuing skill. If you not like this kind of gameplay, then obviously you won't be interested in the rest of this post. For those who want to get the password and/or be up to date, read on.
Site for the password:
Rules you must follow (NEW RULES IN BOLD):
- Should be 3v3 or 4v4
- Pointlimit should be 5, timelimit 10-15 unless there is universal agreement on a change
- Captains are picked at the beginning, people may cap without randcapping and will get priority over randcaps
- The first 30 seconds should not have randcaps called, anyone who joins in the first 30 seconds or so will override any randcap pick; if one person is up when randcaps is called, the second spot will be filled by the second [map] pick player unless the priv community at that time wants otherwise
- AFK players should star (asterisk *), not starring while frequently going afk will result in a warning and punishment if it continues; when in doubt... star!
- Anything to disrupt gameplay will result in a ban
- ATTEMPT to not shit-talk, but it won't get you banned unless you go overboard; competitive is competitive so anger is not an uncommon emotion and we understand that -- but it is not a valid excuse to go on a full-blown verbal trollraid on the server
- Captains can choose how many people are per team (either 3 or 4)
- Disrupting the captains because you don't like their choice will result in punishment unless the captain does something to disrupt the flow of gameplay
- Spreading the password will result in a ban
- Get your password on the NJ site, or from someone trusted
- Bans on either american server will be applied to the other one, no more free rides by trolling on one server and getting away freely on the other
- People should know how to at least play CTF; this is common sense really but apparently some don't so I have to write this...
- You do not have to cap twice in a row in case randcaps picks you twice
- If no one caps in the first 30 seconds and randcaps is called and you're picked, refusing to cap means you will in turn have to sit that round
- Retarded bind spam has a very low tolerance limit, do it at your own risk
- NO ALIASING
- Anything else I havent covered that violates common sense will be handled on a case by case basis
Why are we using the password site so strictly?
Too many people who don't know how to play priv are getting in an ruining it. You're ruining the game for the people who want to play good games. Priv isn't meant to be "for the best", as the whole idea is about people getting better, but we do not cater to horrible players who show no interest in getting better. If you think you will violate any of these rules, CONTACT ME. I will help you. It's not actually that hard to get into priv, the only thing you need is the desire to play and get better. We'll help you along from there.
I want to up my skill, how do I do so since there's not really any pub?
- Play duels
- Play pub on ZD, it's really active
- Play on odamex with helping IDL teams practice
- Play deathmatch games to increase your aim
- Watch demos (check out the International Doom League for tons of demos on your favorite maps)
- Ask players for advice and/or to help you practice
- Join a clan and scrim with them
- Read a guide (see links section)
How do I get someone to approve my account on the funcrusher website?
PM an admin, you should probably come primarily to me, or any of the admins in the list. I don't recall who has access to deny/approve, but I do. This will also give me a headcount of who is on the login list and who isn't.
I will be in every clan channel as of Feb 28th 2013.
Links to read:
Old thread on priv:
Essential CTF guide: