Re: [TSPG] The Sentinel's Summoning Grounds 2018 - ZdoomWars 2v2 TLMS Tournament

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Re: [TSPG] The Sentinel's Summoning Grounds 2018 - ZdoomWars 2v2 TLMS Tournament

Post by mifu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:24 am

Hi folks.

It's back again!

I present you The Sentinel's Summoning Grounds. These grounds are for one purpose. For a war with monsters from all the Id tech 1 games (is this correct)

Heres how this is going to work, Starting with the simple stuff.
  • This will be a 2v2 Team Last Man Standing match
  • Each match will have 3 rounds. Best of 3 determines the winner
  • There will be a special maplist to cater for 2v2 matches
  • Looser of each round will pick map.
  • The winning team at the end of this will receive VIP permissions on TSPG (top tier patreon reward)
  • I encourage those who are playing to be in the TSPG discord
The Maplist

Code: Select all

ZDWARS2
ZDWARS4  
ZDWARS9
ZDWARS11
ZDWARS12
ZDWARS14
ZDWARS16
ZDWARS17
ZDWARS19
ZDWARS22
ZDWARS26
ZDWARS28
ZDWARS32 
ZDWARS34 
ZDWARS35 
ZDWARS37 
ZDWARS38 
ZDWARS40 
ZDWARS41 
ZDWARS43
Servers
zds://149.56.242.162:10713/za - [TSPG] Painkiller: The Sentinel's Summoning Grounds - Practice Server (2v2 ZDW) - The password is TartSorcererHat
The Sentinel's Summoning Grounds - Official Server #1 *Not up yet*
The Sentinel's Summoning Grounds - Official Server #2 *Not up yet*

The offical servers will be up closer to the date

So it goes like this. Matches will only count on these servers: The Sentinel's Summoning Grounds - Official Server #1 and The Sentinel's Summoning Grounds - Official Server #2
To get the join password, please have one of your team members pm me on either the forums or irc.

Now the rules.
  • You can not pick the same class as your partner
  • You can only pick maps that are on the special maplist (obviously) but you can not select previously played maps during the match
  • Your games must be completed on the deadline which will be announced for each match when we progress through the tournament. Not completing your games on time will result in a forfeit. More on that below
  • Games must take place in official TSPG Tournament servers. Practice servers dont count towards the match
  • Atleast 1 TSPG staff or Tournament offical must be present for the match (for recording purposes and for solving disputes) However if you can not get a hold of TSPG staff or official then a screenshot of each round and a demo needs to be given to me for verification purposes.
  • Exploiting any bug to gain an unfair advantage will get you DQ'ed so fast.... pls dont do it
Note that if you do not show up for your match before the deadline (which will be weekly) you will forfeit your match. You may be forbidden from playing in any other TSPG event if you do not complete your games.

NOTE: Current VIP's and TSPG Staff are not entitled to the prize but can participate. Would suggest to partner up with another team member who does not have VIP status to make it worth while.

Matiu
Posts a lot
Clan: FS (ZD)
Clan Tag: Your Pal

Re: Re: [TSPG] The Sentinel's Summoning Grounds 2018 - ZdoomWars 2v2 TLMS Tournament

Post by Matiu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:42 am

Well... Since i am very healthy to come to this tourney since what happened for my personal things past year and since the entire fight against my classmate.. i shall come for now.

Names: MetalGuy/Cryomancer and Doomjoshuaboy
Team: Far Away Warriors (FAW)
Prefered Contact: Discord, Skype (live:matynava_1/Doomjoshuaboy), steam (Matias2889/Doomjoshuaboy)
Active at: Weekends

New To ZDW: Me, No. Josh, likely

EDIT: Got It.
Current FS member (ZDaemon), former GOH member, former SNS Staff and former ZDaemon Discord Admin.
Youtube Channel | Matiu's Purple World | Instagram | Twitter

Ancalagon

Re: Re: [TSPG] The Sentinel's Summoning Grounds 2018 - ZdoomWars 2v2 TLMS Tournament

Post by Ancalagon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:08 pm

My waifu accepted to join :)

Names: Ancalagon / Gardevoir
Team name: Meta Slaves [META]

mifu

Post by mifu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:24 am

Need more teams. I intend on starting this in the 25th of August

Highsman13
New User

Post by Highsman13 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:50 pm

Names: Highsman13/LoneFox

Team name: PEN15

So I can put whatever I want here and it'll show up?

iron_lich
Registered just to make one post

Post by iron_lich » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Names: Necromancer / Iron Lich

Team name: Tenebrae

Mr. Repo

Post by Mr. Repo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:21 am

mifu wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:24 am
For a war with monsters from all the Id tech 1 games (is this correct)
Missing a couple games, but yeah more or less.

Anyway after talking with MiFU and weighing out the pros and cons, Icon and myself have decided to participate again this year and defend the metaphorical belt. It's also why I'm withholding the new release to avoid any "red Ettin" accusations.

Names: Repo and Icon

Let's get this train wreck a rollin'.

mifu

Post by mifu » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi, with that im actually extending sign ups till the 14/09/2018. We kinda need more teams to make this more viable but i will do this with what we got if we dont get more teams by then

mifu

Post by mifu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:13 am

Ok sign ups are closed. I will post the matches etc soon

Matiu
Posts a lot
Clan: FS (ZD)
Clan Tag: Your Pal

Post by Matiu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:59 pm

i bet that finals is going to be a 3 way since there's 5 teams, i think :hmm:
Current FS member (ZDaemon), former GOH member, former SNS Staff and former ZDaemon Discord Admin.
Youtube Channel | Matiu's Purple World | Instagram | Twitter

mifu

Post by mifu » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:52 am

Ok guys, the placeings have been set.

You can view this here. https://challonge.com/zdwars2018

Icons and Repo's team is not there because since I only had 5 teams, i decided to make it that the winning team out of those 4 would face them in a finals match (since they are the champs)

For the winning team out of the 4 outlined there, I will give you a slight boost to your server slots. You beat repo and icon at the end, you get VIP. If i had one extra team i would not need to do this but it seemed to be the best way.

If anyone has issues with this feel free to reply here but otherwise, i expect first matches done by the 20/10/2018.