Awesome Deathmatch

The local recycle bin. Reduce, reuse, and recycle.
Matiu
Posts a lot
Clan: FS (ZD)
Clan Tag: Your Pal

RE: Awesome Deathmatch

Post by Matiu » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Doomkid wrote: I think bob's map is real good for competitive play

Here you can use these maps I made back in 2002/2003 do whatever you want with them http://www.mediafire.com/download/3if4q ... minidm.wad
are you sure?

also Combinebobnt... What the hell?!?!..
your map isn't is good as well.. you're like a bad mapper in GZDoom builder.. you can map good aleast on doom builder letting you to do that.. ok?..

I've just Checked your map and are really badly made... Bland textures, bugs and SOMETHING.

please try make a better map as well

http://imgur.com/a/7PnOd
Last edited by Matiu on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current FS member (ZDaemon), former GOH member, former SNS Staff and former ZDaemon Discord Admin.
Youtube Channel | Matiu's Purple World | Instagram | Twitter

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:30 pm

I got a map for Awesome Deathmatch in progress.

Matiu
Posts a lot

Post by Matiu » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Blast88 wrote: I got a map for Awesome Deathmatch in progress.
i guess that map should be better..
due of People says then i need really to lowering slots.. I've removed now 20 slots for now aleasting to 25.
Last edited by Matiu on Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current FS member (ZDaemon), former GOH member, former SNS Staff and former ZDaemon Discord Admin.

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: <skr>

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:30 pm

Just do a better map!
Everyone wants happiness without pain, but you cant have a rainbow without a rain.

I'm working in the Shotgun Frenzy Plus mod in my free time.
Yes, I have a pet that helps me to build doom projects, the Pack-O-Daemon, ain't it cute?.

Spoiler: My Other zandro stuff! (Open)

Samuzero15tlh

Matiu
Posts a lot

Post by Matiu » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:33 pm

Samuzero15tlh wrote: Just do a better map!
almost trying to do that in AWDM02 and i'll now not map anymore... as Decay said.. i'll just need moar mappers to map aleast 1 map each one to 25.. If is below 25.. i don't care if they're bad or good maps below 25

Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:50 pm

MetalGuy213 wrote:

Here you can use these maps I made back in 2002/2003 do whatever you want with them http://www.mediafire.com/download/3if4q ... minidm.wad
are you sure?
Sure man, you're free to use them and modify them if you like.

Matiu
Posts a lot

Post by Matiu » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:05 pm

Doomkid wrote:
MetalGuy213 wrote:

are you sure?
Sure man, you're free to use them and modify them if you like.
well.. i've ripped your MAP05 as well.. modified Format and added name for your map.

AAANNDDDD........ this thread outcomes a bit good attention to this wad
Last edited by Matiu on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Tiger » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:48 am

MetalGuy213 wrote: almost trying to do that in AWDM02 and i'll now not map anymore... as Decay said..
I don't think you understood what he was saying. No one is saying that you should never create another map - ever again. What he and the rest of the users are telling you todo is to either lower the project map limit to something much more reasonable, and\or for you to primarily focus on one or two maps that features your best work and release them. If you do a release, you can start another project or another map, choice is up to you. After each release, people will critique your project and will tell you what needs improvements, what may be omitted, and what features or design maybe excellent.

No one is telling you explicitly to stop doing what you're doing, but merely sharing advices on how you can better manage this project and gain useful experience.

After a release, talk to these guys (and gals?) about a review.
MetalGuy213 wrote: i don't care if they're bad or good maps below 25
Quantity over Quality; if you don't respect your project, no one will respect it.

Matiu
Posts a lot

Post by Matiu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:55 am

Tiger wrote:
MetalGuy213 wrote: almost trying to do that in AWDM02 and i'll now not map anymore... as Decay said..
I don't think you understood what he was saying. No one is saying that you should never create another map - ever again. What he and the rest of the users are telling you todo is to either lower the project map limit to something much more reasonable, and\or for you to primarily focus on one or two maps that features your best work and release them. If you do a release, you can start another project or another map, choice is up to you. After each release, people will critique your project and will tell you what needs improvements, what may be omitted, and what features or design maybe excellent.

No one is telling you explicitly to stop doing what you're doing, but merely sharing advices on how you can better manage this project and gain useful experience.

Quantity over Quality; if you don't respect your project, no one will respect it.
well.. always i'll take care now of it if theres a map below 25 or just a bad map as Bob did it..
also..
i can't make all along the maps myself that means why.. Awesome DM needs more mappers and not same mapeprs activiting all maps... so.... i'll map again if i interest it.

AWDM03 is done (made by Blast88) and now.. there are a DEHACKED for Awesome DM now for patches !
Last edited by Matiu on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:04 pm

MetalGuy213 wrote:
Tiger wrote:

well.. always i'll take care now of it if theres a map below 25 or just a bad map as Bob did it..
also..
i can't make all along the maps myself that means why.. Awesome DM needs more mappers and not same mapeprs activiting all maps... so.... i'll map again if i interest it.

AWDM03 is done (made by Blast88) and now.. there are a DEHACKED for Awesome DM now for patches !
If you can't make 25 maps why the hell are you even asking for others to make those for you!?!?!
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Matiu
Posts a lot

Post by Matiu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Ivan wrote:
MetalGuy213 wrote:
Tiger wrote:

also..

If you can't make 25 maps why the hell are you even asking for others to make those for you!?!?!
no.

they're making others taking the 25 slots.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:38 pm

Man seriously, what is the meaning of creating a project(especially a mappack) if it's not to do at least 50% of the job(12 maps for you)?

I mean that this is quit useless, you will NEVER find 25 new maps from other people especially for your project, and even if these 25 maps exist they won't all be included into your project because this isn't up to you.

It's like you are ignoring all the advices that people gave you, this start to be senseless.

Here is what you need to do:
- Make a first map.
- Wait for people feedbacks.
- Improve your first map.
- And only if you(and maybe others) think that the map is great then start a new map.

You can trust me, if you aren't listening to the people who wants to help you, you will lower the chance of having new comers.

And here again for someone starting mapping like you, even 25 maps is too much, 10 could be a nice amount for this sort of project.

Matiu
Posts a lot

Post by Matiu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:56 pm

fr blood wrote: Man seriously, what is the meaning of creating a project(especially a mappack) if it's not to do at least 50% of the job(12 maps for you)?

I mean that this is quit useless, you will NEVER find 25 new maps from other people especially for your project, and even if these 25 maps exist they won't all be included into your project because this isn't up to you.

It's like you are ignoring all the advices that people gave you, this start to be senseless.

- Make a first map.
- And only if you(and maybe others) think that the map is great then start a new map.

You can trust me, if you aren't listening to the people who wants to help you, you will lower the chance of having new comers.

And here again for someone starting mapping like you, even 25 maps is too much, 10 could be a nice amount for this sort of project.
that explains up how to get a good reputation and to get better things Mr.Blood?

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:17 pm

MetalGuy213 wrote:
fr blood wrote: Man seriously, what is the meaning of creating a project(especially a mappack) if it's not to do at least 50% of the job(12 maps for you)?

- Make a first map.

that explains up how to get a good reputation and to get better things Mr.Blood?
Yes, that's exactly what he was saying.

it's okay to be ambitious but you have to be a decent mapper and have a good reputation before other people will want to help you. Just look at Super Skulltag, I started that project around 2009 or 2010 and it still doesn't have all 32 maps completed. Although there hasnt been any serious work done on it in at least 3 years anyways ... Which just goes to show that starting a project with lots of ambition is not enough. You must also have the dedication to work on it until it's done.

So even if 5 people submit a map to your project, you will still have to make the other 20 yourself in order to meet your goal. Are you ready to do that? Do you have 20 unique map designs in your head? Are you willing to dedicate your time to playtesting them, adjusting them, and detailing them?

And no, I am not "trolling" you right now. So please do not PM me about it again.
Last edited by Ænima on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:24 pm

Can I do AWDM06 and AWDM20?

Matiu
Posts a lot

Post by Matiu » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm

Blast88 wrote: Can I do AWDM06 and AWDM20?
emm.. well.

EDIT:AWDM02 is 70% done.. there still no screenshots for demostration
Last edited by Matiu on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:30 pm

MetalGuy213 wrote:
emm.. well.
Well what. I'm working on AWDM06.

Matiu
Posts a lot

Post by Matiu » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:44 pm

Blast88 wrote:
MetalGuy213 wrote:
emm.. well.
Well what. I'm working on AWDM06.
okay.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:00 pm

Besides the all, what does the word "awesome" in this context?
In my native language, the interpreter gives about 20 different values.

Matiu
Posts a lot

Post by Matiu » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:13 pm

Doomenator wrote: Besides the all, what does the word "awesome" in this context?
In my native language, the interpreter gives about 20 different values.
means how decent or ok is a map.
Last edited by Matiu on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.