Goodbye Mobius

The local recycle bin. Reduce, reuse, and recycle.
Decay
Zandrone

Re: Goodbye Mobius

Post by Decay » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:17 pm

IdeIdoom wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:04 pm
Many users are way worse than what Mobius has done in this thread but they get a free pass? Even decay has been awfully "vocal" in a civil thread
"Awfully vocal" lol, that did make me laugh. This entire thread is disingenuous though, there is literally no merit in taking it serious. Mobius and some others are acting like I haven't seen this thread crafting process before, as if I haven't spent years around him, as if I don't know his motif, as if I haven't heard him sniggering that these posts can't be warned because they are disguised as good will, knowing they would trigger people, as if this all isn't one big "ha, gotcha." It's just a stupid game to him.

Ru5tK1ng
Posts a lot

Re: Goodbye Mobius

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:26 pm

Zakken wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:29 pm
Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:56 pm
And I'm actually in the NJ mod channel where it seems at least once a week there is always an issue with some of the common names. Shane has been making a hard effort to clean up priv. However, going by nax's policy, I see no reason why repeat offenders wouldn't be considered for removal. So unlike you, I actually have insider knowledge of NJ moderation.
The difference here is that your source of information is no more than hearsay, whereas most of the time, I'm actually in the server seeing the events unfolding. Even still, one incident a week isn't too bad in my opinion... Although I'm also of the belief that punishments should be harsher, because repeat offenders not learning their lesson seems to be a recurring thing here!
"Hearsay". You mean actual logs and discussion. I'm not going to call upon the other mods to come vouch for me because this point is irrelevant. My point is just because individuals are behaving themselves, doesn't mean you do not look into the past. It was a common occurrence that many people were on good behavior for a short time period and then reverted back to their ways. At this point we are giving out month long and several week long bans to people. After all these years, I see no reason to keep up that silly ban after ban game. After all, Nax and others are judging Mobius on past events, intent and overall value. I see no reason why this criteria cannot be extended to other unsightly individuals. That is why I assert if Nax is going to do 1, he should do them all. Either do it right or not at all. There is no room for a half-assed job. There are people on board with this policy so what is the issue?