Realm667 looking for news authors

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Tormentor667

Realm667 looking for news authors

Post by Tormentor667 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:30 pm

Dear community members,
the Realm667 is running now for almost 20 years and is trying to not only be the host for my personal projects but also for community resources and as a news source for a long time now. Unfortunately in the past months and years my personal situation changed a bit (family, job, etc.) and I can't focus on maintaining the news page that much anymore as I was able to years ago. Therefore I have only time to write and prepare news once a month but this makes the page not really up to date with all the things happening around. This is the reason why we are looking for some news authors.

What do we need?
Well, the job is quite simple: If you are an active forum member here, the only thing to do is look for interesting news, releases, changes, additions or community gossip that's worth sharing on a larger centralized portal page and post them as a short news article on the Realm667 with a fitting picture to the right category - for this you will get administration backend access to make all that as comfortable as possible for you. It's as easy as that :) you need no programming knowledge or anything else that is too complicated. When you can write articles with word and have a readable language, you fit :)

It's not helluva job, to be honest, but we simply need a few persons who can make sure to share important and worthy news from the communities on a centralized page for a greater audience. If there is interest, let me know, we are looking forward to some support and a growing Realm667 staff to keep everyone informed!

Best regards,
Dan

Tormentor667

Re: Realm667 looking for news authors

Post by Tormentor667 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:41 pm

Is there absolutely no interest, volunteering or anything else that helps us giving more spotlight onto the Zandronum community?

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:50 pm

I kinda hesitantly want to say yes. I'm all for it! But there's the thing that with my situation (Well, the one of the whole nation not just myself) there might always be the time where i will be offline for a long time (Upwards of a week) but if you are okay with there being the chance of that happening, i can volunteer for news authoring.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:49 pm

Well, there is actually no forced need to post something every 2-3 days. On the one hand, you can just post news if there is something worth being mentioned from the Zandronum community, on the other hand you can plan/shedule news items (for example write news about 3-4 items and let them automatically being published in 2-3 days each). If you have some time where you can't post anything it's all fine. Better than no-one posting hints to the Zandronum community :)

Jodison
Registered just to make one post

Post by Jodison » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Are you only looking for veteran members for this job or are newbies welcome to try as well?