Survival/Coop - something between them

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
drugon
New User

Survival/Coop - something between them

Post by drugon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:24 pm

So we usually play survival mode for more challenge and it feels completely fine but only on small maps with 100 or less monsters on them. The problem with big maps is you can die on them pretty fast and then you'll just watch how your teammate(s) play for half of an hour or even hour. It would be great if there would be some mode that would give an additional life (one for the whole team but not for each player preferably) for every 100 killed monsters for example. Ideally this system should have different multiplier for different monsters (cyberdemon is much more tough than mancubus and hell knight much more tough than imp) but even in basic state that system would work fine.

BlushBerry

Clan: Nuclear Empire
Clan Tag: [NE]

Re: Survival/Coop - something between them

Post by BlushBerry » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:58 pm

Not sure if this would help you out or not. But I've created an addon that sort of "Balances" out how much damage monsters do to you depending on how many players are present in the server.
You can check out my addon here: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 27#p106027

drugon
New User

Post by drugon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Thanks but it's not exactly what we were looking for. ^_^

Xenaero
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Xenaero » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:48 am

I do love this idea because I'm on a big survival kick, but I do not know of a way to change lives on the fly, it requires a restart when the variable is altered.

It is possible to pitch this idea in a feature request, but outside of some global ACS trickery to resurrect players (I have no idea if this would even work when they hit spectator after available lives have been exhausted), I believe it would hinge on the port being able to actively update lives and let players join with partial lives remaining...