What the hell is TSPG?
The Sentinel's Playground is now a free, automated server host for Zandronum.
It has existed since 2010, however, it was shut down due to lack of funds.
Our organisation used to host a small set of Deathmatch and CTF servers that were not popular or were underground in efforts to get them played.
Now we have decided to allow all of you to run almost anything you want on our hardware.
TSPG uses a web site front end as opposed to best ever's IRC bot to allow for ease of access and usability. See the bottom for this post for some useless trivia about how TSPG came about.
Main Website: https://allfearthesentinel.net
You will need to make an account if you don't already have one. An email address will be required as it will send an activation email. You also will need to check out the Rules Here
- Host from various IWADS (Doom/Doom2/Final Doom/Heretic/Hexen and more)
- Host up to 3 servers.... for FREE
- Save your configs as presets and load them again when needed when hosting a server
- Able to access logs and a config file of that server via Server information
- Upload your WADS to our server. Set them private to restrict access if need be
- Use RCON on the website rather then going ingame or using the rcon console
There are Currently two nodes.
- Painkiller - Canada
- Britsteel - United Kingdom
Owners: MiFU, Marcaek, Foxboy, Nax
Staff: andylucho, Hypnotoad, Devilhunter, Fused, King Dumb, Kokiri, meleemario, Metabee, Tribeam (*)
Web/Server Devs: Bloodhaven, Sean, Dark-Assassin
Bug Testers: Black Metal Chainsaw, Korpse, Tib, Michaelis
Other Important Links
Spoiler: Useless Trivia (Open)The Sentinel's Playground was built around 2010. It became a cluster that had meaning. It was named after a song known as "The Sentinel" By Judas Priest.
The server was also home to All fear the sentinel Deathmatch. Both of these had meaning in the songs chorus. Those lyrics were:
SWORN TO AVENGE!
CONDEMN TO HELL
TEMPT NOT THE BLADE
ALL FEAR THE SENTINEL!!!!
The person who suggested the name was Tib, back in the day. This means there is 6 people currently that also were (or still is) apart of the Hellspawn Armada who may have been apart of that discussion back in 2010.
Tib also likes beds. I felt like saying that.