OpenGL on Intel miracle solution

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Ralf
New User

OpenGL on Intel miracle solution

Post by Ralf » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:01 am

Zandronum on Intel gives an incredibly horrible performance, much less than 1 frame per second, but when you enter the console command vid_fps 1 to display the framerate you're getting, it then runs perfectly smooth at around 200 frames as if there was no problem at all...

Why?

Fused
Contributor

Re: OpenGL on Intel miracle solution

Post by Fused » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:08 pm

As far as I know, it's unknown. I believe this is fixed in 3.0 by making vid_fps run in the background, although I never really monitored this change so somebody else might have to confirm this one for me.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Re: OpenGL on Intel miracle solution

Post by ibm5155 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:47 pm

Ralf wrote:Zandronum on Intel gives an incredibly horrible performance, much less than 1 frame per second, but when you enter the console command vid_fps 1 to display the framerate you're getting, it then runs perfectly smooth at around 200 frames as if there was no problem at all...

Why?
It's a specific problem with Windows 10 creators update and older intel gpus (intel hd 4000 or older), gzdoom was also suffering from it but it seems that the last "new" driver for the hd4000 had fixed the problem on gzdoom side, but not in zandronum one...

Why? idk, its not zandronum fault at least from what I Debugged, the problem is, with vid_fps 0, zandronum will for some reason use 0% of cpu and gpu and when you enable vid_fps both cpu/gpu are going to get used...
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">