GvH fair and balanced

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.

Best Pick

Original GvH
18%
Endless War
3%
Cold Demise
47%
Nordic Saga
9%
Legacy of Darkness
15%
Multi-Verse
9%

Total votes: 34

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Re: GvH fair and balanced

Post by Mobius » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:23 pm

Ivan wrote: That's quite nice, honestly it feels better than seeing that stupid doom mod with shit ton of addons like LCA. :)
Don't be bitter because no one is playing DnD
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:46 pm

Mobius wrote:
Ivan wrote: That's quite nice, honestly it feels better than seeing that stupid doom mod with shit ton of addons like LCA. :)
Don't be bitter because no one is playing DnD
Totally irrelevant.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:39 pm

Ivan wrote:That's quite nice, honestly it feels better than seeing that stupid doom mod with shit ton of addons like LCA. :)
Ivan wrote:Isn't complex also a rip off of Brutal Doom? By that alone it's bad. Too bad people don't care.
Ivan wrote:I'd say my mod, DnD is far better than any of these. But then that'd be bait. Right?

PS: It is better.

Ivan wrote:
Combinebobnt wrote:this thread sucks because I'm still a whiny bitch
Fixed.
I don't think you fixed that quote right yet.... how about:
Ivan wrote:I'm a whiny bitch
Fixed.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:11 am

Combinebobnt wrote:
Ivan wrote:That's quite nice, honestly it feels better than seeing that stupid doom mod with shit ton of addons like LCA. :)
Ivan wrote:Isn't complex also a rip off of Brutal Doom? By that alone it's bad. Too bad people don't care.
Ivan wrote:I'd say my mod, DnD is far better than any of these. But then that'd be bait. Right?

PS: It is better.

Ivan wrote:
Combinebobnt wrote:this thread sucks because I'm still a whiny bitch
Fixed.
I don't think you fixed that quote right yet.... how about:
Ivan wrote:I'm a whiny bitch
Fixed.
How are those relevant? You're desperate bob go finish your low quality domination (meme) pack.

FascistCat

Post by FascistCat » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:25 am

We all at least agree LCA is bad.

Moving on:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:Not bad for a Monday evening:

It was super fun playing it with lots of people. It seemed to me there were some unbalances, like 'ghoul maps' and 'human maps' but nothing one can't get used to.

PD: Nerf creepers.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:51 am

That's just due to the nature of the pack considering it wasn't really made specifically for GvH. Overall, aeon plays well for GvH and the number of Human and Ghoul maps are about equal. I'd say probably only around 8 maps are guilty of favoring 1 team over the other.

As for other balancing, perhaps engineer can get some love? I don't play as that class so I wouldn't know for sure.

nax
Lead Administrator

Post by nax » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:That's just due to the nature of the pack considering it wasn't really made specifically for GvH. Overall, aeon plays well for GvH and the number of Human and Ghoul maps are about equal. I'd say probably only around 8 maps are guilty of favoring 1 team over the other.

As for other balancing, perhaps engineer can get some love? I don't play as that class so I wouldn't know for sure.
i mostly agree though i feel like jitter gets hit the worst of the ghouls on the aeon maps. not enough for jitter to be bad or anything, but it is noticeable due to the map layouts.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:10 pm

nax wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:That's just due to the nature of the pack considering it wasn't really made specifically for GvH. Overall, aeon plays well for GvH and the number of Human and Ghoul maps are about equal. I'd say probably only around 8 maps are guilty of favoring 1 team over the other.

i mostly agree though i feel like jitter gets hit the worst of the ghouls on the aeon maps. not enough for jitter to be bad or anything, but it is noticeable due to the map layouts.
3D Floors...

Cutman

Post by Cutman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:23 pm

The way he moves is very dated (just +FLOORHUGGER if I recall) and could probably be updated to work with 3d floors now. I guess that's one of the things to be fixed. I don't know about balance changes since I haven't been playing it recently (which makes me a bad candidate to do a new version alone). After 3.0 is released I guess I'll have to get involved with the community and figure out what people want or don't want changed.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:01 pm

Cutman wrote:The way he moves is very dated (just +FLOORHUGGER if I recall) and could probably be updated to work with 3d floors now. I guess that's one of the things to be fixed.
Gravity 9999?
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:12 pm

hey jason just made his patch with like 50 hidden changes go talk to him

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:17 pm

Combinebobnt wrote:hey jason just made his patch with like 50 hidden changes go talk to him
Yo lmfao not even close to 50 they're balance-related changes with a couple of bug fixes.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:02 pm

whats this http://pastebin.com/VqY4EpEY then?????????????????????????????????????????????????? inform players? these aren't just bugfixes...

Code: Select all

-   Frostbite now has some resistance to ice-based attacks but is very weak to fire-based attacks including grenades. Slightly more tanky.
-   Jitterskull is now resistant to fire and ice-based attacks, but is crippled by lightning arrows. Slightly more tanky.
-   Choke is slightly more vulnerable to fire and grenades.
-   Hunter's ice arrows do less damage per shard.
-   Sjas is now specifically weaker to Hunter's normal arrows. Slightly more resistant to lightning arrows.
-   Sjas is slightly more translucent when not moving.
-   Engineer's Nailgun alt-fire now shoots weaker nails.
-   Engineer's Nailgun primary fire was slowed down.
-   Engineer's Steamcannon now does more damage when it explodes.
-   Ghostbuster traps will no longer kill allies if the player spectates.
-   Cyborg's plasma ball does slightly less damage.
-   Certain actions triggered via pain states (Creeper ball stun; Choke HP regen) would sometimes not work. This is now fixed.

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Combinebobnt wrote:whats this http://pastebin.com/VqY4EpEY then?????????????????????????????????????????????????? inform players? these aren't just bugfixes...

Code: Select all

-   Frostbite now has some resistance to ice-based attacks but is very weak to fire-based attacks including grenades. Slightly more tanky.
-   Jitterskull is now resistant to fire and ice-based attacks, but is crippled by lightning arrows. Slightly more tanky.
-   Choke is slightly more vulnerable to fire and grenades.
-   Hunter's ice arrows do less damage per shard.
-   Sjas is now specifically weaker to Hunter's normal arrows. Slightly more resistant to lightning arrows.
-   Sjas is slightly more translucent when not moving.
-   Engineer's Nailgun alt-fire now shoots weaker nails.
-   Engineer's Nailgun primary fire was slowed down.
-   Engineer's Steamcannon now does more damage when it explodes.
-   Ghostbuster traps will no longer kill allies if the player spectates.
-   Cyborg's plasma ball does slightly less damage.
-   Certain actions triggered via pain states (Creeper ball stun; Choke HP regen) would sometimes not work. This is now fixed.
This is pretty shitty now that we can inspect it

JitterSkull stands still for mostly anything and needs to retreat whenever he kills anything even a single target. Lightning arrow shots aren't hard to place on Jitters.
Why is Choke getting nerfed moreso than he deserves? Choke is already a difficult ghoul than the others because his main attack doesn't instant kill and aiming blood ball is pretty difficult as is.
Hunter Ice Arrows were fine before why the change?
Sjas being resistence to lightning arrows? Was that because of Peter Griffin?
I agree with the translucent update
Why is Engineer getting a nerf at all?
Agree with Ghostbuster bug
Why is Cyborg plasma getting nerfed?
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:32 pm

Sjas resistant to lightning arrows... LOL, it's already pretty resistant.
Why would you nerf Engineer, wow that is really bad; the steam cannon isn't enough to compensate for it.
Why Cyborg nerf, he is fine, he is there to take down heavier ghouls; REALLY dumb.
Why nerf ice arrow base damage AND make multiple monsters more resistant to it, were you traumatized by ice arrows or something? LOL.

Overall bad changes aside from fixes.

jdagenet
Forum Regular

Post by jdagenet » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:54 pm

Wow lots of hate lol don't worry I threw it in the shitter since people didn't really like the changes so I'm just going to transfer over the bug fixes and call it fine.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:10 am

I mean, the changes are pretty stupid for the most part. I told you, even though many people don't give credit to LoD, it fixed TONS of bugs and provided some nice features to the classic classes... Enough to keep them what they are, and maybe help them to do their jobs better.

However, even if you change a simple thing I think people will just want Cutman to do it. It's the curse of the brand. I believe if it was Cutman doing it people would be less harsh.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:11 am

jdagenet wrote:
Combinebobnt wrote:hey jason just made his patch with like 50 hidden changes go talk to him
Yo lmfao not even close to 50 they're balance-related changes with a couple of bug fixes.
Well, the series 1 patch fixed some bugs like the Engineer destroying maps with that lag attack in the sky by removing the SKYEXPLODE flag from the steam projectiles. There were some small changes to Ghostbuster's ammo amount (150 for main plasma). The Choke's attack was give the NOTELEPORT flag, the correct obituary, and had its A_Explode radius increased from 52 to 58. He added a ChokeHealer custom item that activated a healing script for the Choke, added choke pains for the humans (to give the choke the ChokeHealer item) and added 'Death.Choke: Goto Death.Jitter'. Although it seems in patch 2 that those added pain and death statements are almost all gone along with the ChokeHealer item.

As for the version 2 patch:

Ghostbuster: Proton ammo is 150 and damagetype for GhostTrap is 'GBTrap'. Also all that crap from GhostBusterEcho downwards isn't needed as it is the same as 2b9.
Creeper stun made a bit more reliable.
Choke hp gen handled similar to above.
All ghouls correctly handle the new GBTrap damage and are sent to their grenade death.

Edit: I see why you removed the creeper pain from humans, but still, fix your mod Jason.

Ivan wrote:I mean, the changes are pretty stupid for the most part. I told you, even though many people don't give credit to LoD, it fixed TONS of bugs and provided some nice features to the classic classes... Enough to keep them what they are, and maybe help them to do their jobs better.
Stop shilling Legacy of Defecation....
However, even if you change a simple thing I think people will just want Cutman to do it. It's the curse of the brand. I believe if it was Cutman doing it people would be less harsh.
I doubt that. Go look at the modding section and see how authors are given shit whenever they change any little thing, especially if it's an unnecessary change. A bad change is a bad change regardless of who does it.

jdagenet
Forum Regular

Post by jdagenet » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:42 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote: Also all that crap from GhostBusterEcho downwards isn't needed as it is the same as 2b9.

...fix your mod Jason.
Actually all of that code needs to be there because the upgrades have to inherit from the new Ghostbuster Plasma with the increased ammo. This was why the upgrades weren't using ammo in patch 1. They were still inheriting from the original code.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Ivan wrote:I mean, the changes are pretty stupid for the most part. I told you, even though many people don't give credit to LoD, it fixed TONS of bugs and provided some nice features to the classic classes... Enough to keep them what they are, and maybe help them to do their jobs better.
Stop shilling Legacy of Defecation....
If you actually bothered to check what kinds of bugs it fixed, maybe you'd think otherwise.