Best-Ever public automated server host

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3501
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

RE: Best-Ever public automated server host

#181

Post by Ænima » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:09 pm

FateLord wrote:
antiriad wrote: There is a way to edit the initial text / message when connected to the server?
rcon sv_motd "hey guys this is my server"
Idunno, someone got mad at me one time for changing the default BestEver MOTD.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Jenova
Under Moderation
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 am
Location: Africa
Contact:

RE: Best-Ever public automated server host

#182

Post by Jenova » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:20 am

Ænima wrote:
FateLord wrote:
antiriad wrote: There is a way to edit the initial text / message when connected to the server?
rcon sv_motd "hey guys this is my server"
Idunno, someone got mad at me one time for changing the default BestEver MOTD.
You can def change the default MOTD, no worries there.

antiriad
New User
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:32 pm

RE: Best-Ever public automated server host

#183

Post by antiriad » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:21 am

Great! Thank you.

enderkevin13
Forum Regular
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:26 pm
Clan: Am I my own clan?
Clan Tag: I guess so.

RE: Best-Ever public automated server host

#184

Post by enderkevin13 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:14 pm

Why does it give me a 404 error when trying to connect to the irc site?

User avatar
Sean
IRC Operator
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

RE: Best-Ever public automated server host

#185

Post by Sean » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:16 pm

enderkevin13 wrote: Why does it give me a 404 error when trying to connect to the irc site?
What IRC site?
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

ZzZombo
Forum Regular
Posts: 323
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:11 pm
Location: Ravenholm

RE: Best-Ever public automated server host

#186

Post by ZzZombo » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:19 am

404 error

IRC

site

WHAT?
QZRcon - Qt-based tool for Zandronum/Skulltag servers!
#grandvoid funny stats

bxn
New User
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:59 pm

RE: Best-Ever public automated server host

#187

Post by bxn » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:13 am

On the first page of this,it was said that people can host alpha versions. How would I go about hosting a game with Zandronum 3.0-alpha-151228-1140 ? I would love to be able to have a server hosting Project Brutality.

User avatar
Sean
IRC Operator
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

RE: Best-Ever public automated server host

#188

Post by Sean » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:20 am

Best-EVer doesn't support alpha versions.
TSPG does, however.
Go to #tspg-painkiller (Texas, US) or #tspg-britsteel (London, UK) and add 'version=3.0' to the end of your host command (without the quotes, ofc).
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

bxn
New User
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:59 pm

RE: Best-Ever public automated server host

#189

Post by bxn » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:24 pm

ok thanks! that's very helpful

DoomCoach
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:42 am

Re: Best-Ever public automated server host

#190

Post by DoomCoach » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:42 am

Thank you guys at bestever you guys rock!

I have a question though, if zandronum alpha is supported and I use "engine=zandronum" then why am I getting wad errors when I load a .pk3 that runs fine in zandronum 3.0?

WaTaKiD
Master Server Admin
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:40 am
Location: USA

Re: Best-Ever public automated server host

#191

Post by WaTaKiD » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:54 am

DoomCoach wrote:Thank you guys at bestever you guys rock!

I have a question though, if zandronum alpha is supported and I use "engine=zandronum" then why am I getting wad errors when I load a .pk3 that runs fine in zandronum 3.0?

engine= is an ancient option from 2012 when bestever used to host either skulltag or zandronum, its since been removed

also no, bestever does not support zan 3.0, not until it officially releases

DoomCoach
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:42 am

Re: Best-Ever public automated server host

#192

Post by DoomCoach » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:03 am

WaTaKiD wrote:
DoomCoach wrote:Thank you guys at bestever you guys rock!

I have a question though, if zandronum alpha is supported and I use "engine=zandronum" then why am I getting wad errors when I load a .pk3 that runs fine in zandronum 3.0?

engine= is an ancient option from 2012 when bestever used to host either skulltag or zandronum, its since been removed

also no, bestever does not support zan 3.0, not until it officially releases
Yeah thats what I thought, I read something somewere in this thread that said otherwise so I got a little confused. That's cool I guess I'll just have to wait.

Post Reply