Yeah, no kidding! Someone ended up with a level 4 utility gun early on, and built a support tank. I took some crates from it and got my own level 4 utility gun, built my own support tank, it carried on like a plague. At one point, we had *FIVE* Support Tanks on the field! Pics of the metallic mayhem in the spoiler:fr blood wrote: ↑Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 amI am not trying to completly removing the fun which Bonus Crate are giving, I'm just trying to make people understand that it is "Complex" Invasion, which mean that it is not supposed to be that easy, by that I mean Victory on every maps at 100%. This is why I nerfed the Bonus Crates by ONLY decreasing the chance of getting very powerful stuff like the Supply Box or the Slot Machine since they were the principal bonus which could entirely change the situation in a map and they were far too common in my opinion for they opness.
Spoiler: (Open)One major issue with the support tank, is that it starts printing extra units to help defend it, BUT the game doesn't tell it to stop making units as well. It should have some sort of threshold where it stops printing units, and resume printing when falling beneath another threshold.
1. Yeah, I don't see the necessity in dropping the bonus crate rate from the test teleporter. Especially since given how crate chances are being further reduced (Or the chance of not-backpacks, anyway). It's a bit like gambling. Although I will say grabbing a reinforcement card off a defeated teleporter enemy AND a Trapped Crate because they were in the same spot can get very annoying, and waste a reinforcement card. It could also get other people who are already in the game killed as well, and send everyone off to the room. It doesn't happen too often, but it is a slap in the face when it does.fr blood wrote: ↑Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 amAnd for you suggestions:
1. So be it, I'm going to make more monsters in that teleporter, I am not against them farming them, this is also were the Trapped Crate comes, if someone is merging too much powerups/runes he will die, so be careful.
2. I was not aware of that, I never tried it myself, I guess a simple solution will be to make it so it damages the player shooting it I guess.
3. It's always funny to see 10 people rushing an epic crate all at the same time, but no worries I seriously reduced their chance of being drop on the field, so yeah if you want them, you must kill subbosses or legs.
4. It is attented, the open deck is rare but gives you the opportunity to get what you want, beside there are still people getting backpacks from it by accident so this is why I gave them more than 1 ammunition lol.
2. Vulcan-jumping's become a sort of thing, so to speak. On the newest map for example, CDM17, it is possible to vulcan-jump and grab the red key if it's in the hallway with the JET Suits. I always thought this was an intentional thing since the extra jump height is not very significant, but apparently not.
3. Or get them from bonus crates. Yes, it's still possible to find a box in a box.
4. To be honest, the Open Deck isn't as appetizing as it seemed at first. The most I use it for is either to give myself a rune/replacement rune (Typically regeneration to make myself tanky but it depends on the circumstance), or give myself Marine Beacons to help support in the fight. Nothing else in there seriously gets my attention and makes me have to pick and choose. I feel like it needs...more, for lack of a better term. I'm not saying allow leg beacons and weapons, but it just feels like it leaves a little to be desired, sometimes. Other than being a free support rune of your choosing (Bar leg rune), but that's really its only selling point for me.
On a semi-unrelated topic, I think I found a minor mapping fault on CDM17, wherein throwing mines on this ramp right at the bottom of it (Only observed with the ramp in front of the level boss' spawn. Have not tested with other ramps) causes them to sink through the ground and out of sight. Pic in spoiler:
Cannot second this hard enough. I know it's a matter of preference, but I find myself a lot more useful with the utility gun than I am in direct combat (Unless I have a railgun, sniper rifle, or hexa-shotgun with a leg/strength rune).