Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
C:\)
Forum Regular

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

Post by C:\) » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:13 pm

does this mod was updated by the original author or someone else did it?
it been months and i thought this mod was long dead when i recently see a new version K

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:10 am

Next update shall be coming soon, and also why was that topic moved to Zandronum Talk, I want it back to Project Map Mods

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:07 pm

fr blood wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:10 am
Next update shall be coming soon, and also why was that topic moved to Zandronum Talk, I want it back to Project Map Mods
possibly due to lack of updates and most people only talking on it, surprisingly your topic is the most active atm around here.

which is both sad and awesome

fr blood

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8

Post by fr blood » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:31 am

Update v0.99.8 is out, and I'm already preparing the fix update of it.
Looks like this forum is almost dead.

Dick Ringeisen
New User

Post by Dick Ringeisen » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:03 pm

fr blood wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:31 am
I wouldn't say this forum is dead, then again, it's not as busy as it was in the Skulltag days! Seems to effect all forums out there, people were doing the FB thing, which i feel is a horrible replacement for forums. Now, some folks all into Discord, which is alright, but it's more of a chat service than a forum. I expect some of Discord's popularity to dip a bit once Microsoft buys them, which according to the news, Microsoft is ready to spend $10 billion USD on Discord... Discord is valuable in many ways, especially since they never actually delete any user data, all sorts of data to be had with Discord....

Anyway!

I am glad Complex DOOM Invasion is still being tinkered with, it's always a fun time. Forums are useful, that's how I ran into this thread!

Also, didn't the Skulltag forum just get renamed to this current forum? I thought I had an account on the skulltag forum, but maybe it was purged, or this is a brand new forum...

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:25 pm

fr blood wrote:
has been dead for quite sometime, Zandronum is still not updated and most mods that were supporting it now have left it behind for GZDoom

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:22 am

fr blood wrote:
like sepia says
zandronum hasnt been updated for quite time and most mods are moving to gzdoom
but i kind of missed this mod tbh i thought you quit updating this
still this mod need some serious balance cuz its a damn clusterfuck with the spread rune and certain weapons like hellstorm, that shit needs to be moved as a temporal weapon like devastator and leg bfg and make the d-weapons exclusive to epic crates

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:12 am

C:\) wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:22 am
like sepia says
zandronum hasnt been updated for quite time and most mods are moving to gzdoom
but i kind of missed this mod tbh i thought you quit updating this
still this mod need some serious balance cuz its a damn clusterfuck with the spread rune and certain weapons like hellstorm, that shit needs to be moved as a temporal weapon like devastator and leg bfg and make the d-weapons exclusive to epic crates
I think there is a discord for Complex Invasion that Blood frequents otherwise he doesn't seem to be active on Zandornum either, I mean his topic got moved to Zandronum Talk.
possibly the reason why no one cares about balance or whatever that needs to be adjusted

mattbratt11
Forum Regular
Clan: Candid Yams
Clan Tag: MMCY

Post by mattbratt11 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:20 am

This update is okay, but I got an error where pain lord failed to spawn.
Maybe in the next update, one could re-add the pain lord to fix the spawn issue.
The rest of the update is good as always. Great work.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:14 am

okay you can spam time rune time ability by activating and dropping rune, picking it up and activating again.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:57 am

dude wtf
i dont like the idea of dropping runes i prefer to make people suffer for their stupidity and lose it for being careless instead
now there will be shitload of runes dropped everywhere

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:45 pm

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:57 am
dude wtf
i dont like the idea of dropping runes i prefer to make people suffer for their stupidity and lose it for being careless instead
Blood doesn't read any of our posts, his Topic is in the Talk section.
The Toxic Avenger wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:54 am

also I don't know how to quote a member on these forums so just doing it this way, please put this topic back into Mods and Projects, we really don't know why it has ended up in Talk
(and no there has been no drama, or anything of that sort)

Dick Ringeisen
New User

Post by Dick Ringeisen » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:24 pm

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:57 am
dude wtf
The rune drop is just in the servers that have that rune drop mess added. OK to play on occasion, but I don't like the whole thing of stacking runes, monsters dropping them, etc. The maps go far to quickly, and it's too easy.

I did notice in the update, when I manually drop a rune, I spit it out on the ground, so maybe I didn't notice, when players are killed, they drop the rune behind, now?

I don't mind being able to manually drop the rune, and still be able to pick it up if nothing I prefer is in a crate, but it does take away some of that risk, if I go through a short stack of crates, and I get no replacement rune.

fr blood

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

Post by fr blood » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:10 am

Updated v0.99.8a done, the rune is lost if you die with it, however if you disconnect or if you want another rune from the bonus crates you can indeed drop it.

I have also nerfed the open deck so selecting a rune cost 3 ammo instead of 1 in order to avoid the stack.

I am also thinking of puting a timer on dropped runes for the next version so they will dissapear if they are left alone for a certain period, that would balance the game in the way you are seeing.

I am not ignoring your posts, I just don't have the same point of view. Spread rune is seen has something op and I understand, but you should also know that the risks of killing yourself with it are quite high too, high reward with high risks.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:18 pm

fr blood wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:10 am
I am not ignoring your posts, I just don't have the same point of view. Spread rune is seen has something op and I understand, but you should also know that the risks of killing yourself with it are quite high too, high reward with high risks.
We are talking about the lag it causes here especially when used with OP weapons such as BFG variants, have you actually seen 3 balls of Proto BFG going at once and hitting something?

cause either it causes a server crash or it kills everything including bosses, removing any chance for any other player to have any fun.

every other rune is okay in comparison (even Legendary)

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:11 am

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:18 pm
fr blood wrote:
We are talking about the lag it causes here especially when used with OP weapons such as BFG variants, have you actually seen 3 balls of Proto BFG going at once and hitting something?

cause either it causes a server crash or it kills everything including bosses, removing any chance for any other player to have any fun.

time rune too, its already enough to have the legendary time freeze sphere as an item
and speaking of BFG variants, i have to say, the proto bfg probably needs a total overhaul, like turning the normal fire into homing balls similar to leg plasma cannon but fires d-cell balls instead and the alt fire to be current fire mode instead of a big bouncing ball, that weapon its suppose to be a prototype which means its less powerful than the D-BFG
and the god damn bfg hellstorm that shit needs seriously to be moved as a temporal weapon with the devastator and leg bfg or remove the homing small red balls

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:15 am

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:11 am
time rune too, its already enough to have the legendary time freeze sphere as an item
and speaking of BFG variants, i have to say, the proto bfg probably needs a total overhaul, like turning the normal fire into homing balls similar to leg plasma cannon but fires d-cell balls instead and the alt fire to be current fire mode instead of a big bouncing ball, that weapon its suppose to be a prototype which means its less powerful than the D-BFG
and the god damn bfg hellstorm that shit needs seriously to be moved as a temporal weapon with the devastator and leg bfg or remove the homing small red balls
at least make the vanilla mode disable many effects that come along and cause lags when such weapons are used.

Dick Ringeisen
New User

Post by Dick Ringeisen » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:40 am

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:11 am
Sepia-Paper wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:18 pm
fr blood wrote:

The only weapon I have encountered that crashes the server is the Hellstorm BFG. I had to get clued into that myself a while back, maybe 1-2 years ago. Some say it is just the alt-fire that crashes the server, either way, I just avoid using the Hellstorm. The new map, the boss using Hellstorm hasn't crashed the server in my experience.

I don't mind a lot of the weapons and runes in this mod. The mod is a huge mess, and at times it is luck-of-the draw with the crates, who gets more advantage than another player. The only thing I would really change is just removing the Hellstorm BFG weapon, until someone can fix it from crashing stuff.

More maps is always appreciated. There are some invasion maps, not part of this mod, but other invasion maps I've not played in 5-10 years.

Proto BFG is a fun time, and it uses so much ammo I think it's alright. One has to know where the cells for it are located, or I or another player can spawn backpacks... Proto BFG is a fun mess

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sun May 02, 2021 2:12 am

Considering the fact that the spread rune is OP, I still think it needs to be removed as we do have the Spread Sphere which should serve as the replacement for the spread rune. More balancing measures will be needed as well. Other things that will need to be done include the following like balancing some bosses:

-Remove the Sonic enemy entirely from the game because it's OP AF
-Lowering the chance of obtaining the Combat Back Pack
-Reduce the Lord of Archon's HP from 19000 to 16000
-Reduce the Dark Cyber Lord's HP from 18000 to 15000 and as well as nerf some of the attacks that the Dark Cyber Lord does
-Increase the Cerebral Commander's HP from 16000 to 18000
-Increase the Demented Terminator's HP from 12500 to 14000

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon May 03, 2021 6:20 pm

say is the Leg Powersphere working correctly?

it just says you can't activate it in your inventory currently no matter what I'm doing atm (inside or outside of vehicle it does not activate)