Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
C:\)
Forum Regular

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

Post by C:\) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:38 am

fr blood wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:54 pm
Sorry but the Prosperity Powerup is something hardcoded like the Spread Powerup for example. Which mean that I am not able to edit the limit which is 250/250 from the basic rune. You can be sure that if I was able to raise the limit then the rune would already be in the game. And yes HellstormBFG altfire can makes crash I am aware of that but somehow I thought that I had fixed it during my tests, I have a new version already in my hands and no crashes happened so far, hoping it will be the same for the next small update.
then prosperity out of list too
so the remaining things you need to check are
1.- fix the legendary tormentor kamehameha attack, you can kill teammates and the delay its quite short for a OP attack
2.- bring back the missing maps

now speaking about the hand grenades those clusterfuck versions are nice but honestly they should damage you if you get close to the explosion, its very easy to spam grenades and not to worry about killing yourself
and another thing you need to add
recently some asshole did a bind to join and leave to spectator very fast making players to crash, add a 10 mins ban if some smartass tries to do that

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:46 am

Blast88 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:18 pm
Now if the prosperity rune gets added, then the maximum health and armor can be 700 when being used. Honestly, I think the explosive shotgun and as well as the explosive plasma gun was too much because I don’t think there was any need to add those two weapons. The spread rune should immediately get removed which hopefully happens eventually. I would rather see a spread sphere instead which would be providing a very limited amount of time for the player to use triple fire since a long time triple fire can get OP.
well good luck because i give up man, try to convice blood to remove the spread rune and add a spread sphere, i like the idea

longlong2002
New User

Post by longlong2002 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:38 pm

"Explosive Super Shotgun", "Explosive Railgun" and "HellStorm BFG10K" already added complex CCF before 0.99.7h

Nerd_667
New User

Post by Nerd_667 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Played this mod for a long time... i used to be quite good. I admit, i abused the tanks, expecially plasma tank, to get the besto score, and runes. By far the best game i ever played, there are however some bad choices.

The problems: the tanks and mech are too strong. Combine those with a legendary rune, or strength rune, they become extremely strong.

Runes aside, the game is perfect, in the sense that you can win or lose a map, depending on player's skill.

It is one of the very few games, or maybe the only one, that is actually perfect, if it wasn't for those overpowered combinations, like someone who gets legendary/strength rune and a plasma/missile tank, or a mech, which makes the game fairly easy.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:04 pm

Nerd_667 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:52 pm
Played this mod for a long time... i used to be quite good. I admit, i abused the tanks, expecially plasma tank, to get the besto score, and runes. By far the best game i ever played, there are however some bad choices.

The problems: the tanks and mech are too strong. Combine those with a legendary rune, or strength rune, they become extremely strong.

Runes aside, the game is perfect, in the sense that you can win or lose a map, depending on player's skill.

It is one of the very few games, or maybe the only one, that is actually perfect, if it wasn't for those overpowered combinations, like someone who gets legendary/strength rune and a plasma/missile tank, or a mech, which makes the game fairly easy.
theres nothing wrong with the runes and tanks/mech you will lose them if you are too careless

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:32 am

yo blood the legendary chainsaw alternate its broken
and the plasma caster alternate i think you should remove the bouncing feature, many players abuse using that weapon spamming those things everywhere specially using the spread rune
and speaking of runes since you are giving that rune so much love, how about if you remove it from the open deck and make it only available from bonus crates like the legendary rune?

The pulse shotgun alternate its great i see you liked my idea well done man
The quad rocket launcher "grenade mod" should also change the alternate to launch quad torpedos
The plasma repeater alternate its beast i like it.
The hellstorm bfg its quite OP as fuck but instead of nerfing the damage it would be better if you nerf the ammo
for example the normal fire consume 50 instead of 20 and the alternate consume 200 instead of 100

i havent see all the new stuff you added, but i will inform it later

Nerd_667
New User

Post by Nerd_667 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:40 pm

C:\) wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:04 pm
theres nothing wrong with the runes and tanks/mech you will lose them if you are too careless
No. For example, if you get a plasma tank, or the mech, with a legendary or strength rune, your power becomes more or less ridicolous. The suit too, comined with leg or str rune, is also quite powerhouse.

It is hard to not notice, that if you get some combinations, like the ones listes above, the game is pretty much broken.

Regen rune, or resistance rune instead, are ok.

Thx for the reading. The game is awesome, as i said but there are a couple of stupid unbalancements. Mainly the leg rune and strength rune.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:19 am

Nerd_667 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:40 pm
Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:04 pm
No. For example, if you get a plasma tank, or the mech, with a legendary or strength rune, your power becomes more or less ridicolous. The suit too, comined with leg or str rune, is also quite powerhouse.

It is hard to not notice, that if you get some combinations, like the ones listes above, the game is pretty much broken.

Regen rune, or resistance rune instead, are ok.

Thx for the reading. The game is awesome, as i said but there are a couple of stupid unbalancements. Mainly the leg rune and strength rune.
theres monsters who can 1 hit your vehicles and others who are damn strong and have a very high pain tolerance like the cyberbaron variations, you also forgot one detail if theres so many players their damage are increased

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:30 am

yo blood it seems the hellstorm bfg its not fixed at all people still crashing when using the alternate fire i think you should change it for something like the boss cerebral commander homing red ball maybe that would fix the problem
also those barrels from the utility gun are not good the server starts to lag bad if someone spam barrels, i already see many players getting timed out when someone throw barrels like crazy. honestly i think you should remove them

Nerd_667
New User

Post by Nerd_667 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:19 am
theres monsters who can 1 hit your vehicles and others who are damn strong and have a very high pain tolerance like the cyberbaron variations, you also forgot one detail if theres so many players their damage are increased
You probably don't uderstand the problems: a player with plasma/missile/mech tank AND legendary rune ( or strength rune ) has like 20x times the attack power of normal players, and also a lot of damage resistance ( 700 hp + half damage taken, and health regeneration )

The result is ( as if nobody ever noticed! ) that if you get a plasma/missile/mech tank, and a leg rune or str rune ( and even the regen/resistance rune are decently good ), you become basically like a little god, while other marines will die very, very fast ( sometimes 1 hit is enough ).

So.... what is the problem? Make tanks a bit weaker. Make legendary rune more rare to get. Str rune is also by itself quite op, but you need a tank, or an exo suit.

SIMPLE SUGGESTIONS: abolish legendary rune, and if you don't, the result is this ( and mind me, i played this mod for YEARS ), some players will get immense power, with tanks, and a lot of bonus crates ( they will add to your actual power, which is already very top )

Also, make tanks and meches a little weaker. The game is thus almost perfect. No, i say, it will be actually perfect, no more to say.

The game will become, finally " difficult AND rewarding ". You will no more have ONE player destroy all enemies ( and i used to be, a lot of times, that one player, because i played this game for years )

The very meaning of this post is to highlight the fact that the game is basically difficult BUT if you get some combos you become like a little god, among fragile mortals.

Please make the game so that, tanks and runes are less important, you have to play smart to beat the game instead ( or reduce the game difficulty but nerf the most OP bonuses )

This is the suggestion of someone who played the game for 3-4 years, so quite an expert :)
Last edited by Nerd_667 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:33 pm

Nerd_667 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:32 pm
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:19 am
You probably don't uderstand the problems: a player with plasma/missile/mech tank AND legendary rune ( or strength rune ) has like 20x times the attack power of normal players, and also a lot of damage resistance ( 700 hp + half damage taken, and health regeneration )

The result is ( as if nobody ever noticed! ) that if you get a plasma/missile/mech tank, and a leg rune or str rune ( and even the regen/resistance rune are decently good ), you become basically like a little god, while other marines will die very, very fast ( sometimes 1 hit is enough ).

So.... what is the problem? Make tanks a bit weaker. Make legendary rune a little more rare to get.

SIMPLE SUGGESTIONS: abolish legendary rune, and if you don't, the result is this ( and mind me, i played this mod for YEARS ), some players will get immense power, with tanks, and a lot of bonus crates ( they can add to your actual power, to the point of legendary rune, which is the very top )

Expecially the legendary rune. Also, make tanks and meches a little weaker. The game is thus almost perfect. No, i say, it will be actually perfect, no more to say. Perfect.

The game will become, finally " difficult AND rewarding ". You will no more have ONE player destroy all enemies ( and i used to be, a lot of times, that one player, because i played this game for years )

The very meaning of this post is to highlight the fact that the game is basically difficult BUT if you get some combos ( plasma/missile tank or suit with leg/str/resistance rune ) you become like a GOD, among fragile mortals.

Please make the game so that, tanks and runes are less important, you have to play smart to beat the game.

This is the suggestion of someone who played the game for 3-4 years, so quite an expert :)
even with a tank/mech using any rune if you are so careless a strong monster like the legendary variations can destroy it in a matter of seconds
getting a str or legendary rune its nothing compared to the spread rune which its a ridiculous op rune making this mod another boring clusterfuck
i have played this for years too and i know when things are out of control and believe me those runes and vehicles are nothing compared to the rune that i mentioned before

Nerd_667
New User

Post by Nerd_667 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:57 pm

Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:33 pm
even with a tank/mech using any rune if you are so careless a strong monster like the legendary variations can destroy it in a matter of seconds
getting a str or legendary rune its nothing compared to the spread rune which its a ridiculous op rune making this mod another boring clusterfuck
i have played this for years too and i know when things are out of control and believe me those the runes and vehicles are nothing compared to the rune that i mentioned before
Well ok, you don't want to get the point... i BESTED the map score points a lot of times. I also know that you are one of the best players, maybe as good as me. You also often scored the highest.

But i repeat, there were situations where i got 14.000 points, and the other players something about 2-3.000 at best... and someone even tried HARD ( lol ), to best me but it is useless, because i had runes, a plasma/missile or mech tank, or utility gun tier 4, dtech bfg, and sometimes even the D-bfg, the most OP weapon.

Even runes like regeneration or resistance can be very helpful in the early stage of the map. It gives you a substantially higher chance to get bonus crates, epecially if you get an exo suit.... same goes for utility gun. They are a lot less useful in the late game.

But let other players, and the game modder, judge it at this point. We made each other very clear. Some things are OP ( like seriously, sometimes you get a plasma tank AND legendary/strength rune in the early map? You deal immense damage, you take little damage, and gain a lot of bonus crates, even epic ones )

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:29 pm

Nerd_667 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:57 pm
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:33 pm
i have played this for years too and i know when things are out of control and believe me those the runes and vehicles are nothing compared to the rune that i mentioned before
Well ok, you don't want to get the point... i BESTED the map score points a lot of times. I also know that you are one of the best players, maybe as good as me. You also often scored the highest.

But i repeat, there were situations where i got 14.000 points, and the other players something about 2-3.000 at best... and someone even tried HARD ( lol ), to best me but it is useless, because i had leg or str rune, a plasma/missile or mech tank, utility gun, dtech bfg, and sometimes even the D-bfg, the most OP weapon.

Even runes like regeneration or resistance can be very helpful in the early stage of the map. It gives you a substantially higher chance to get bonus crates, epecially if you get an exo suit.... same goes for utility gun. They are a lot less useful in the late game.

But let other players, and the game modder, judge it at this point. We made each other very clear. Some things are OP ( like seriously, plasma tank AND legendary/strength rune? You deal immense damage, you take little damage, and gain a lot of bonus crates, even epic ones )

i have done the same thing as you and believe me the legendary rune kind of sucks because its gets bugged if you use the roulette spheres
without the str rune on most half waves you wont do much damage against op monsters like for example the minotaur, you will end running away or killed even when using a tank/mech

i always give my suggestions here because i know what things are unbalanced and what things are not and the runes and vehicles you mentioned are not what you think

Nerd_667
New User

Post by Nerd_667 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:46 pm

Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:29 pm
i know what things are unbalanced and what things are not and the runes and vehicles you mentioned are not what you think
So you might explain how, with a plasma tank + leg rune i managed to score 14.000 or more points, while other players scored something like 3.000 at best. I even remember people quitting because someone got the OP combo ( tank + rune ) early in the game, and they consequentially resigned from playing ( and i understand them: why should i even play? There is a guy, or sometimes even 2, that are 20 times more powerful than me )...

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:00 pm

Nerd_667 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:46 pm
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:29 pm
i know what things are unbalanced and what things are not and the runes and vehicles you mentioned are not what you think
So you might explain how, with a plasma tank + leg rune i managed to score 14.000 or more points, while other players scored something like 3.000 at best. I even remember people quitting because someone got the OP combo ( tank + rune ) early in the game, and they consequentially resigned from playing ( and i understand them: why should i even play? There is a guy, or sometimes even 2, that are 20 times more powerful than me )...
the answer is easy
they are noobs :)

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:48 am

should I say that, ANY TANK/SUIT with Resistance Rune is basically OP?

not only are you able survive direct constant attacks from bosses with just basic armour while riding a tank and having a resistance rune, you don't need to run away anymore as you can just tank the damage from most monsters.

for past several months I've been mostly using resistance rune as it allows me survive longer then anyone and other runes like Leg Rune are too rare now for me, Spread rune is bullshit is it just makes the game messy and it should be treated as a rare rune like Leg then anything else.

Stregnth Rune is balanced, if you don't have a tank/suit its not very useful and even with tank/suit if your not super careful you can die quite easily.

but your both forgetting one thing that has made the game easier then anything else, Emergency Teleporter, it allows you to survive one hit kills easily and even when your inside a tank/suit basically giving you another chance, that thing is SUPER OP!

its even better then extra life cause you just spawn back to start instead of Dying and Respawning from the start.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:21 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:48 am
should I say that, ANY TANK/SUIT with Resistance Rune is basically OP?

not only are you able survive direct constant attacks from bosses with just basic armour while riding a tank and having a resistance rune, you don't need to run away anymore as you can just tank the damage from most monsters.

for past several months I've been mostly using resistance rune as it allows me survive longer then anyone and other runes like Leg Rune are too rare now for me, Spread rune is bullshit is it just makes the game messy and it should be treated as a rare rune like Leg then anything else.

Stregnth Rune is balanced, if you don't have a tank/suit its not very useful and even with tank/suit if your not super careful you can die quite easily.

but your both forgetting one thing that has made the game easier then anything else, Emergency Teleporter, it allows you to survive one hit kills easily and even when your inside a tank/suit basically giving you another chance, that thing is SUPER OP!

its even better then extra life cause you just spawn back to start instead of Dying and Respawning from the start.
true about resistance being best on suits and vehicles, however against an army of monsters like the onata highway map even with resistance rune you will end taking cover against the massive attacks from anything except if you use the assault tank
and you are right about spread, its bullshit but like i said again, i give up telling blood many times about it and he seems to not give a shit so i leave to anyone else to convice him
the emergency teleport was fine before blood added the automatic activation, now i am mostly throwing away those things, you also forgot that some maps can get you stuck in the spawn when you are in a vehicle/mech

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:11 pm

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:21 pm
true about resistance being best on suits and vehicles, however against an army of monsters like the onata highway map even with resistance rune you will end taking cover against the massive attacks from anything except if you use the assault tank
and you are right about spread, its bullshit but like i said again, i give up telling blood many times about it and he seems to not give a shit so i leave to anyone else to convice him
the emergency teleport was fine before blood added the automatic activation, now i am mostly throwing away those things, you also forgot that some maps can get you stuck in the spawn when you are in a vehicle/mech
Yes, and in Onata Highway I'm the guy who is MOSTLY inside the Assault Tank (people are getting annoyed by me for always taking the assualt tank continuously :razz:) and using it with Resistance Rune is awesome!

I think the reason Blood probably included the Spread Rune again was because he wanted it in by himself, there is no other reason he is not removing it, it causes server crashes, lags and just makes the game unplayable at times.

and that's the very reason I don't like Personal Teleporter, granted it allows you save your life but in both ways it can become OP and annoying if your inside a Vehicle and get stuck on the spawning point.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:27 am

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:11 pm
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:21 pm
Yes, and in Onata Highway I'm the guy who is MOSTLY inside the Assault Tank (people are getting annoyed by me for always taking the assualt tank continuously :razz:) and using it with Resistance Rune is awesome!

I think the reason Blood probably included the Spread Rune again was because he wanted it in by himself, there is no other reason he is not removing it, it causes server crashes, lags and just makes the game unplayable at times.

and that's the very reason I don't like Personal Teleporter, granted it allows you save your life but in both ways it can become OP and annoying if your inside a Vehicle and get stuck on the spawning point.
i dont use that tank anymore unless no one get it i rather prefer to do a mass killing spree with the bfg9000 :)
the spread rune its the main reason the mod its turning into another clusterfuck, along with some weapons like the plasma caster alt, they abuse using those bouncing shurikens most of the time some players including me end getting timed out when they start spamming those things
i honestly think that weapon alternate should penetrate enemies without bouncing like crazy everywhere to prevent players getting disconnected

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:39 pm

Now perhaps the explosive versions of the super shotgun and railgun should both be removed as part of the balancing process because those two weapons were just too pointless to add in. I do agree that the Plasma Caster secondary fire should penetrate enemies without bouncing because that could help balance the plasma caster. I do also wish for the Legendary chainsaw to be removed as well because there’s no need to have that and the Legendary Quad Shotgun should perhaps be replaced by the Legendary Super Shotgun. The spread rune will indeed need to be removed and as I mentioned, get replaced by the spread sphere.