Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon May 24, 2021 3:21 pm

Thank you soo much Blood for the new server, for past month I can't get on NE server since the ping is always over 1200.

(its the only server that has this issue and didn't have it before)

darklord328
New User

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8

Post by darklord328 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:31 am

Dick Ringeisen wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:03 pm
fr blood wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:31 am
Update v0.99.8 is out, and I'm already preparing the fix update of it.
Looks like this forum is almost dead.
I wouldn't say this forum is dead, then again, it's not as busy as it was in the Skulltag days! Seems to effect all forums out there, people were doing the FB thing, which i feel is a horrible replacement for forums. Now, some folks all into Discord, which is alright, but it's more of a chat service than a forum. I expect some of Discord's popularity to dip a bit once Microsoft buys them, which according to the news, Microsoft is ready to spend $10 billion USD on Discord... Discord is valuable in many ways, especially since they never actually delete any user data, all sorts of data to be had with Discord....

Anyway!

I am glad Complex DOOM Invasion is still being tinkered with, it's always a fun time. Forums are useful, that's how I ran into this thread!

Also, didn't the Skulltag forum just get renamed to this current forum? I thought I had an account on the skulltag forum, but maybe it was purged, or this is a brand new forum...
oml, if that does happen, a lot of people are going to be very angry, including me. cause if they do that. then discord is going to cause lots of bloatware, and make people want to uninstall it. including me. i do NOT want microsoft taking discord. i want the people making discord be who they are. not some microsoft bologna to take over discord, if they do take over discord, then im prolly most likely going to delete my account and uninstall discord. no questions about it. sorry. i want the discord people to keep at it, and keep updating it.

also do keep at it blood. i do like the complex invasion. that mod has come a long way.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:25 am

darklord328 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:31 am

oml, if that does happen, a lot of people are going to be very angry, including me. cause if they do that. then discord is going to cause lots of bloatware, and make people want to uninstall it. including me. i do NOT want microsoft taking discord. i want the people making discord be who they are. not some microsoft bologna to take over discord, if they do take over discord, then im prolly most likely going to delete my account and uninstall discord. no questions about it. sorry. i want the discord people to keep at it, and keep updating it.

also do keep at it blood. i do like the complex invasion. that mod has come a long way.
this was nearly two months ago, Discord didn't get bought by Microsoft as the devs wanted more money or something.
and it seems nobody else is gonna take it over either as the devs have decided they are gonna keep working on it.

And Microsoft has already decided to make Xbox as discord like platform where you just need an account and game pass to play games and talk with each other.
Similar to Stadia but Microsoft has better performance and games etc.

also Blood isn't updating this place anymore, the current version is 0.99.8c and has tons of different stuff and Blood seems to be on discord where he interacts with most users.

mattbratt11
Forum Regular
Clan: Candid Yams
Clan Tag: MMCY

Post by mattbratt11 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:08 am

I have some bugs to report:

1. CDM19: Wave 14 is broken after the battle with Augmented Annihilator. There are physically no monsters left, but the game says there are visually 5 other monsters waiting to spawn in that wave.
2. Removing the Pain Lord is a Mistake. Can you re-add it in the next update?

Anyways, keep up your project, friend.
I'm sure that fluffy could add the LegendaryIconOfSin Monster in the new Nexus Update any day...

RoadskiN
New User

Post by RoadskiN » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:26 am

Hi all, first time poster, long time CDI player.

Liking the "evolutions" of the various runes that you can earn during the game, although the True Legendary rune can be a bit OTT haha - it makes you invincible against dual devastator blasts.

Also, the new complexity for the Utility Gun is a bit much (with the buildings etc). I had a play around in test01 and I'm not sure if this level of micromanagement will be very good in the heat of a round, I find myself just using it for basic sentries or a bonus crate.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:16 pm

RoadskiN wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:26 am
Hi all, first time poster, long time CDI player.

Liking the "evolutions" of the various runes that you can earn during the game, although the True Legendary rune can be a bit OTT haha - it makes you invincible against dual devastator blasts.

Also, the new complexity for the Utility Gun is a bit much (with the buildings etc). I had a play around in test01 and I'm not sure if this level of micromanagement will be very good in the heat of a round, I find myself just using it for basic sentries or a bonus crate.
Yeah True Leg Rune is quite a big powerful thing but you now have quite a small chance of even getting a Leg Rune so its offset by that, I however find it quite fun to use the rune and survive long enough to turn it to True Leg.

as for the Utility gun, it seems some people love it and want to have the gun at the very start so they can start making a base but others who prefer combat don't want to use it at all, it is still in beta so we will eventually see changes.
the one thing I would want is lesser building options and more drone/item/weapon choices.

RoadskiN
New User

Post by RoadskiN » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:09 am

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:16 pm

Yeah True Leg Rune is quite a big powerful thing but you now have quite a small chance of even getting a Leg Rune so its offset by that, I however find it quite fun to use the rune and survive long enough to turn it to True Leg.

as for the Utility gun, it seems some people love it and want to have the gun at the very start so they can start making a base but others who prefer combat don't want to use it at all, it is still in beta so we will eventually see changes.
the one thing I would want is lesser building options and more drone/item/weapon choices.
After I posted, I tried playing a SP game with the new utility gun and it was definitely fun. Although it did drag the game out significantly by accruing everything I needed. Not sure how it'd play out in a MP game with everybody rushing in.

Dick Ringeisen
New User

Post by Dick Ringeisen » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:24 am

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:16 pm
The new utility gun has taken a bit of time for me to get used to, since I am already used to using keystrokes to navigate the menu, as opposed to the mouse. It's alright, though the old utility gun is decent enough in it's quick to navigate menu and more limited options.

The new utility gun, I have to agree with Sepia about the building options. About the only change I'd make for certain at the moment, would be those harvesters and other buildings that level up. I feel they should level up with your utility gun. Having level 1, 2, and 3 harvesters, etc, just seems a bit much. It also takes one of of the multiplayer game a bit, as you have to take time out to destroy stuff, build it again, etc.

Pros and cons to the new utility gun. I could live with it, however, it needs a bit less with the buildings.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:14 am

another thing I would that needs to be changed is the clogging of the console with messages about power/resource generation.
you can't view messages of other stuff as the console gets overloaded with these messages.

Dick Ringeisen
New User

Post by Dick Ringeisen » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:12 am

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:14 am
another thing I would that needs to be changed is the clogging of the console with messages about power/resource generation.
you can't view messages of other stuff as the console gets overloaded with these messages.
That's another issue I noticed, also. Someone would type something, I'd miss it, bring down the console, and that message is long gone and being further buried by the utility gun, lol.

Also, to clarify what I meant about the buildings leveling up with the utility gun. I'd rather the harvesters, etc, that I already built level up when the utility gun levels up. At the moment, the utility gun just takes one so much out of the action. It's almost feeling like QuakeWorld TeamFortress with the Engineer, and though CDI has runes, it's not exactly a TeamFortress game.

I like the mess CDI is, but with that utility gun, I just would caution about making it too complicated. I've gotten the hang of it, figuring out what to build first, the number of each buildings, but it still takes me out of the action moreso than the older utility gun. Reminds me of another mod, AOW, whatever happened with that? It was a decent DOOM mod, but I preferred it before all of the mechs, when games didn't take forever to play out and there was a bit less going on, that was a mod that got a bit, "over-complicated". Anyway, rambling now! Don't overcomplicate that utility gun, the new console, look, feel, I can deal with it it, but it does strike me as a bit cumbersome to get all the buildings and stuff going, level it up, etc.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:50 am

Kanye_South wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:23 am
All good until I try to play it in Multiplayer, Is laggy as hell.

Any solution?
turn off the effects by setting key in CDI options
(it should be called Vanilla effects etc)
even my 6 pack computer can't take the heat.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:12 pm

Gotta update this page because newer versions were recently made.