Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Matiu
Posts a lot
Clan: FS (ZD)
Clan Tag: Your Pal

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by Matiu » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:19 pm

fr blood wrote:
MetalGuy213 wrote: i'm aleast planning to create a map of this wad. using CDM07 slot as well.
-MetalGuy213 The master of Roleplayness
Evaine wrote: Blood-sama, I request to reserve MAP08 for myself. Please honor this one and only request from your humble servant.
Thanks for your participation, I added your names on the maplist the date limit is the 09 October 2015.
bad news blood.. i'm not good at some scripting on your wad.. sorry but i'm not gonna map the CDM07 :sad: theres a reason:
i'm not a good scripter on your map.. and even.. i'm so stupid to use the UDMF format on zandronum at the GZDoom builder.. sorry..
Current FS member (ZDaemon), former GOH member, former SNS Staff and former ZDaemon Discord Admin.
Youtube Channel | Matiu's Purple World | Instagram | Twitter

18.Beastman
New User

Post by 18.Beastman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:57 am

Hi!
I just played v0.4, awesome stuff. I didn't know people hated stronghold, I always though it was a very nice mod.

Your implementation of the jail is very nice, and adding more reinforcements after each wave is very nice too. It helps to attract (and keep) more people to play it.

You rock!

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:04 am

MetalGuy213 wrote: bad news blood.. i'm not good at some scripting on your wad.. sorry but i'm not gonna map the CDM07 :sad: theres a reason:
i'm not a good scripter on your map.. and even.. i'm so stupid to use the UDMF format on zandronum at the GZDoom builder.. sorry..
That's sad, I'm sure that UDMF format isn't that hard to understand, but for ACS yeah of course it's gonna take a while, but you still just can do the map and let me deal with that it's as you wish.
18.Beastman wrote: Hi!
I just played v0.4, awesome stuff. I didn't know people hated stronghold, I always though it was a very nice mod.

Your implementation of the jail is very nice, and adding more reinforcements after each wave is very nice too. It helps to attract (and keep) more people to play it.

You rock!
Thanks ! I'll try my best to keep this mode original as possible.
Last edited by fr blood on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Afrit

Post by Afrit » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:05 pm

I'd like to do the 12th map.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Afrit wrote: I'd like to do the 12th map.
Ok I've added you in the slot date limit is the 11 October 2015, thanks for your help.
Last edited by fr blood on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evaine
New User

Post by Evaine » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:54 pm

CDM08 is ~20% complete!
---
You can view screenshots of the alpha version here:
http://imgur.com/a/McXPy
The Imgur album will be updates as frequently as I can with new+updated screens.
---
The "Underground Laboratory" will have 3 sections, each being different in how you strategize your victory.
The first section is nearly complete and shows the entrance point.
The second section is the lab itself.
The final section is still going through design changes in my head. Heh.
---
Hope this gets you interested in my terrible mapping! :D
~Evaine K.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Evaine wrote: CDM08 is ~20% complete!
---
You can view screenshots of the alpha version here:
The Imgur album will be updates as frequently as I can with new+updated screens.
---
The "Underground Laboratory" will have 3 sections, each being different in how you strategize your victory.
The first section is nearly complete and shows the entrance point.
The second section is the lab itself.
The final section is still going through design changes in my head. Heh.
---
Hope this gets you interested in my terrible mapping! :D
~Evaine K.
This is a nice begining, I like the theme, don't hesitate on adding a little more details I'm sure people will like it.
I've nothing more to say since I haven't played it yet, I will give you a big review when your map will be done.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:14 pm

Version 0.4i is that last updated adding content for now.

On the next version CDM01 will become CDM05 because this map was too long for a first map IMO, I'll make another CDM01 more easy and with less waves, I will also make CDM06 in the week or the next one so the next version will come with 2 new maps.

Pleas mappers don't forget to check sometimes the file list to know if some of them get updated or not.

Evaine
New User

Post by Evaine » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:57 am

CDM08 ~45% complete
New images have been added to the album on imgur:
The first half of the underground laboratory is pretty much done. The third section will be an ice cave, that's 80% natural formation, 20% metal base textures. I have yet to think of what kind of boss I should do, but I'm most likely going to have Legendary add it to LCA when I get some ideas.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to tell me! Feedback is good because I'm new at the invasion-type mapping. Thanks!
~Evaine K.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Evaine wrote: CDM08 ~45% complete
New images have been added to the album on imgur:
The first half of the underground laboratory is pretty much done. The third section will be an ice cave, that's 80% natural formation, 20% metal base textures. I have yet to think of what kind of boss I should do, but I'm most likely going to have Legendary add it to LCA when I get some ideas.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to tell me! Feedback is good because I'm new at the invasion-type mapping. Thanks!
~Evaine K.
Perfect you are progressing well, keep it on that way.
I've added a new update with a new map and some stuff, please mappers don't forget to keep your files up to date.

Evaine
New User

Post by Evaine » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:38 am

With CDM08 nearing it's final stages of design, I feel like another update is due.
I'm about 85% done with the actual building portion, so without further delay, the updates!

•The Imgur album will all the dev screenshots has been updated http://imgur.com/a/McXPy << The List is now sorted Newest-Oldest
•The music for the areas is complete! There are 4 music tracks for the 4 different areas: the Entrance, Laboratory, Boss, and Escape.
•Boss details haven't been fully thought out, but I'm getting there. The idea's in place, just needs to be finalized, then I can start making the sprites and animations for the attacks and phases.
•The map has only had one bug-testing instance and, well, it certainly helped. I expect to do many more, because I'm certain I'll need it.

If anyone wants any details, feel free to ask me!
Hype(?)
~Evaine K ♥
Last edited by Evaine on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Evaine wrote: •The Imgur album will all the dev screenshots has been updated http://imgur.com/a/McXPy << The List is now sorted Newest-Oldest
This is a nice progression we got there, can't wait to test it.
Evaine wrote: •The music for the areas is complete! There are 4 music tracks for the 4 different areas: the Entrance, Laboratory, Boss, and Escape.
Hmm 4 different songs ? I hope they aren't too long or it's gonna take a lot of place.
Evaine wrote: •Boss details haven't been fully thought out, but I'm getting there. The idea's in place, just needs to be finalized, then I can start making the sprites and animations for the attacks and phases.
You can let me deal with the final boss if you want, I've a lot of ideas.
Evaine wrote: •The map has only had one bug-testing instance and, well, it certainly helped. I expect to do many more, because I'm certain I'll need it.
Don't worry about that I'll will test it too in my side when it will be done, we will try to delete any found bug.

JohnTS
New User

Post by JohnTS » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:51 pm

One of the best invasion wads out there, brilliant and incredibly fun. Brings new life into doom being able to blast these monsters away with quad shottys, demon tech rifles, etc, love it. Also really enjoy the supply crate where it gives you the chance of getting a random weapon/powerup.

Only gripe is once again, the reinforcement system. Enemies do incredible damage the more players there are on the server and once everyone gets wiped out its a waiting game in the lobby. Not sure how to remedy this issue but I figured I'd throw it out there.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:34 am

JohnTS wrote: One of the best invasion wads out there, brilliant and incredibly fun. Brings new life into doom being able to blast these monsters away with quad shottys, demon tech rifles, etc, love it. Also really enjoy the supply crate where it gives you the chance of getting a random weapon/powerup.

Only gripe is once again, the reinforcement system. Enemies do incredible damage the more players there are on the server and once everyone gets wiped out its a waiting game in the lobby. Not sure how to remedy this issue but I figured I'd throw it out there.
Thanks for the comment, it's how it works in Survival since Skulltag started, when you die you wait and I won't change the rules.
arkore wrote: CDM11
Alright I've added your name on the slot, date limit is 27 October 2015.

Also afrit and MetalGuy213 I would like to know how are going you maps, if you think that you won't make it in time then tell me and I'll add 2 more weeks, but if there are still no more informations in October I'll have to remove your names from the map slots.

Evaine
New User

Post by Evaine » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:32 pm

CDM08 has entered the Beta stage! The mapping portion is complete!
You can check out the full top-down GZDoomBuilder design view here: http://imgur.com/GZ7vsig
I'll now pass the baton back and forth with Blood so we can debug the map, and fix any errors I might have overlooked. Other than that, this map is almost complete. Hype!!!

(Also I'll be keeping a small changelog after beta testing begins for changed on the map)

~Evaine K.

Ichtudirweh
New User

Post by Ichtudirweh » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:09 am

Is it possible for you to add the mechs from AoW2? I would like to see the raven and timberwolf mech from that mod on a larger scale map.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:03 am

Ichtudirweh wrote: Is it possible for you to add the mechs from AoW2? I would like to see the raven and timberwolf mech from that mod on a larger scale map.
I'm sorry but it's not because another mode use mech that it has to looks like All Ot War 2, compared to what you think I'm trying to avoid that, and I guess that we already got enought new content for now.

Evaine
New User

Post by Evaine » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:56 pm

Blood-sama, I request CDM10. I have this wonderful idea for a map and I've already kinda started. Let me know if it's okay <3

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Evaine wrote: Blood-sama, I request CDM10. I have this wonderful idea for a map and I've already kinda started. Let me know if it's okay <3
Oh you want to make a second map, sure go ahead, is CDM08 finish ?
Send me a link on PM so I can test it.

Date limit for CDM10 is 29 October 2015, I've added your name on the map slot.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:53 am

Can you please go through every message and correct them to use proper English punctuation?