Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
The Nightmare Tank
Registered just to make one post

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by The Nightmare Tank » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:12 pm

fr blood wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 am
I am not trying to completly removing the fun which Bonus Crate are giving, I'm just trying to make people understand that it is "Complex" Invasion, which mean that it is not supposed to be that easy, by that I mean Victory on every maps at 100%. This is why I nerfed the Bonus Crates by ONLY decreasing the chance of getting very powerful stuff like the Supply Box or the Slot Machine since they were the principal bonus which could entirely change the situation in a map and they were far too common in my opinion for they opness.
Yeah, no kidding! Someone ended up with a level 4 utility gun early on, and built a support tank. I took some crates from it and got my own level 4 utility gun, built my own support tank, it carried on like a plague. At one point, we had *FIVE* Support Tanks on the field! Pics of the metallic mayhem in the spoiler:
Spoiler: (Open)

(Eventually, the wave stopped spawning enemies, and totally not because a Battle Bot B2 got stuck in the wall of the demon spawn point and blocked their spawn points, while being unable to teleport out of the wall. We had to change level after that. That, plus EVERYBODY was starting to lag like crazy from the sheer number of robots and marines spawned in. I wanted to see how the Minister of Hell would have handled all that...)
One major issue with the support tank, is that it starts printing extra units to help defend it, BUT the game doesn't tell it to stop making units as well. It should have some sort of threshold where it stops printing units, and resume printing when falling beneath another threshold.
fr blood wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 am
And for you suggestions:
1. So be it, I'm going to make more monsters in that teleporter, I am not against them farming them, this is also were the Trapped Crate comes, if someone is merging too much powerups/runes he will die, so be careful.
2. I was not aware of that, I never tried it myself, I guess a simple solution will be to make it so it damages the player shooting it I guess.
3. It's always funny to see 10 people rushing an epic crate all at the same time, but no worries I seriously reduced their chance of being drop on the field, so yeah if you want them, you must kill subbosses or legs.
4. It is attented, the open deck is rare but gives you the opportunity to get what you want, beside there are still people getting backpacks from it by accident so this is why I gave them more than 1 ammunition lol.
1. Yeah, I don't see the necessity in dropping the bonus crate rate from the test teleporter. Especially since given how crate chances are being further reduced (Or the chance of not-backpacks, anyway). It's a bit like gambling. Although I will say grabbing a reinforcement card off a defeated teleporter enemy AND a Trapped Crate because they were in the same spot can get very annoying, and waste a reinforcement card. It could also get other people who are already in the game killed as well, and send everyone off to the room. It doesn't happen too often, but it is a slap in the face when it does.
2. Vulcan-jumping's become a sort of thing, so to speak. On the newest map for example, CDM17, it is possible to vulcan-jump and grab the red key if it's in the hallway with the JET Suits. I always thought this was an intentional thing since the extra jump height is not very significant, but apparently not.
3. Or get them from bonus crates. Yes, it's still possible to find a box in a box.
4. To be honest, the Open Deck isn't as appetizing as it seemed at first. The most I use it for is either to give myself a rune/replacement rune (Typically regeneration to make myself tanky but it depends on the circumstance), or give myself Marine Beacons to help support in the fight. Nothing else in there seriously gets my attention and makes me have to pick and choose. I feel like it needs...more, for lack of a better term. I'm not saying allow leg beacons and weapons, but it just feels like it leaves a little to be desired, sometimes. Other than being a free support rune of your choosing (Bar leg rune), but that's really its only selling point for me.

On a semi-unrelated topic, I think I found a minor mapping fault on CDM17, wherein throwing mines on this ramp right at the bottom of it (Only observed with the ramp in front of the level boss' spawn. Have not tested with other ramps) causes them to sink through the ground and out of sight. Pic in spoiler:
Spoiler: (Open)
C:\) wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:22 am
and i still dreaming someday you make my dream come true (support class with utility gun) :P
Cannot second this hard enough. I know it's a matter of preference, but I find myself a lot more useful with the utility gun than I am in direct combat (Unless I have a railgun, sniper rifle, or hexa-shotgun with a leg/strength rune).

liquilite
New User

Post by liquilite » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:42 pm

Blood,

I'm running a server with Complex Invasion and nobody is able to open deck menu. Do you have any idea why this might be?

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:26 am

Check all the flags of the NE Server and copy them exactly for your server, I had that problem in the past you must change a certain flag but I don't remember which one so if you so that the problem will be solved.

liquilite
New User

Post by liquilite » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:49 pm

fr blood wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:26 am
Check all the flags of the NE Server and copy them exactly for your server, I had that problem in the past you must change a certain flag but I don't remember which one so if you so that the problem will be solved.
Ok I will give this a try. Thank you for the response.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:46 pm

Hellow guys, here comes the version 0.99.3 with a new map; have fun.
This is probably the last map that I will submist from now to the Summer Holidays, but I will still try to find some free time for the fix updates as always, dont forget to check the changelog and see you in game ;)

C:\)
Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:41 am

Bug found
when you have the assault tank and use an epic crate you get kicked by missing packets

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:50 pm

There is a bug too, apparently you can take the D BFG on map 12 without the need for legendary rune. There are a couple of guys from south america or mexico i don't remember, who are constantly exploiting every single bug of this mod...

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:30 pm

I'm aware of the epic crate crash and fixed it with most of the known problems with v0.99.3a, but there is still an unknow problem on CDM18 randomly generating crashes around the Wave 08 and I have no idea what is the source of it.
I'm going to slowly investigate on it for 1 week and see if I can find a solution.

Aroly7
New User

Post by Aroly7 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:31 am

fr blood wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:30 pm
unknown problem on CDM18 randomly generating crashes around the Wave 08 and I have no idea what is the source of it.
is it fixed? cause I cant reproduce it.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Aroly7 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:31 am
fr blood wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:30 pm
unknown problem on CDM18 randomly generating crashes around the Wave 08 and I have no idea what is the source of it.
is it fixed? cause I cant reproduce it.
It happens online only, and with a certain amount of players at least 5.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Hey fr blood,
do you know the Rune hack that I think you might Know?

you can have more then one rune on you at the same time

its basically that once you remove your rune and then enter a vehicle/suit, the removed rune will display on top right corner and if you acquire a new rune which will display on bottom left while still inside vehicle/suit, you will literally have two runes then, you remove that, get out of vehicle, enter again you will have two runes on top right and third can be acquired again by you displayed at bottom left, this keeps on working allowing you to get all the runes except for Legendary which does not end up on top right once removed, but you can get it along on bottom left with any other rune(s) along.

this can make anyone overpowered specially with the tank and necro suit both of which are very powerful on their own already. (happened with me on latest map and I felt that maybe the difficulty might have been low or something)

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:32 pm
Hey fr blood,
do you know the Rune hack that I think you might Know?

you can have more then one rune on you at the same time

its basically that once you remove your rune and then enter a vehicle/suit, the removed rune will display on top right corner and if you acquire a new rune which will display on bottom left while still inside vehicle/suit, you will literally have two runes then, you remove that, get out of vehicle, enter again you will have two runes on top right and third can be acquired again by you displayed at bottom left, this keeps on working allowing you to get all the runes except for Legendary which does not end up on top right once removed, but you can get it along on bottom left with any other rune(s) along.

this can make anyone overpowered specially with the tank and necro suit both of which are very powerful on their own already. (happened with me on latest map and I felt that maybe the difficulty might have been low or something)
You will only collect icons on your screen, because having a rune will always delete the previous one, this is a skulltag feature.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:25 am

but...the effects remain, specially of Resistance and Strength. please test it out and see if its real or not.

gualdij
New User

Post by gualdij » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:49 am

Hey Blood!

In the latest update you can't eject anymore from veichles and suits, the only way to get out is with the kill command on the consolle..

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 pm

i like the armor and health dispensers but you forgot the most important one :v
ammo dispensers with the dispenser colored in black

Aroly7
New User

Post by Aroly7 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:31 pm

gualdij wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:49 am
Hey Blood!

In the latest update you can't eject anymore from veichles and suits, the only way to get out is with the kill command on the consolle..
You need to setup special button in cdi settings for this it is no longer crouch

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:18 pm

For now I'm not really for the ammo dispenser, we will see in the future if it is really needed, and the version 0.99.3c if a fix about people being able to exit mech.
Right now the major issue is that random crashed happing in CDM18 near Wave 08, when I played online alone or offline that crash never happened in the past, any help or clue in the source of that crash is welcome because I am very out of ideas.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Thu May 10, 2018 5:13 pm

yo blood you really indeed did a great update this time by adding some new weapons and other things but you should change some features

1.- with demon tech railgun now included i think tech erasus damage should be buffed even more
2.- utility gun health dispenser and armor shard dispenser should be in tier 2 instead of 1
3.-add a berserk pack on tier 2 with 5 mins reuse time
4.- loot boxes and weapon crates should appear more often in bonus crates
5.- add ammo dispenser on utility gun tier 2
6.- i still insist to make epic crates only droppable from spider/cyberdemon variants,nazi subbosses and legs with a low
chance
7.- remove epic crates as a random drop from bonus crates
8.- since im suggesting to make epic crates to be hard as fuck to get it the 5 lives reward should be removed

user5124
New User

Post by user5124 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:05 am

Download link for complex-doom-invasion_0.99.3d.pk3 not working for anyone else?

This is the link in the OP's post which isn't working for me:
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... .99.3d.pk3

Searching that site claims they don't have the file:
https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... .99.3d.pk3

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Mon May 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Because I have updated the mod to v0.99.3e, I am going to put a link here soon but you can already get the files from the official server.
C:\) wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:13 pm
yo blood you really indeed did a great update this time by adding some new weapons and other things but you should change some features

1.- with demon tech railgun now included i think tech erasus damage should be buffed even more
2.- utility gun health dispenser and armor shard dispenser should be in tier 2 instead of 1
3.-add a berserk pack on tier 2 with 5 mins reuse time
4.- loot boxes and weapon crates should appear more often in bonus crates
5.- add ammo dispenser on utility gun tier 2
6.- i still insist to make epic crates only droppable from spider/cyberdemon variants,nazi subbosses and legs with a low
chance
7.- remove epic crates as a random drop from bonus crates
8.- since im suggesting to make epic crates to be hard as fuck to get it the 5 lives reward should be removed
1. I don't think so, dtechrailgun is more focused on the railgun supposed to kill all aligned ennemies where the erasus is more like a powerful very fast rocket doing a lot of radius damages.
2. Why ? They are not op at all, and with these features I am trying to give what util guys like to be, a support class. Having lock something not op at all in tier 2 is not needed at all.
3. Let's be honest, in CDI most of the melee weapons are not useful at all, I have still placed many Pure Rage on my maps and players only use them as a sort of Resistance powerup, not for melee.
4. I agree, I will increase their chances(for the loot box at least).
5. Yeah, it will be added for tier 1 I guess.
6. And I insist in keeping a minimum of fun in the gameplay for people by allowing them to get epic crates by luck not only by competiting in killing every bosses or legs.
7. I will maybe lower the chances again, from 0.25% to 0.10% but not remove them.
8. The 5 lives bonus is going to be merged with the big loot already giving demon rune, luck rune and kamikaze, something else will replace that slot.