Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
SmashingYourFace
New User

RE: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by SmashingYourFace » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:03 pm

fr blood wrote:
Slim wrote: Okay so, the other night I played the Alien Vendetta Complex LCA Survival server and, hosting the same Complex and LCA mods, strangely the "cd_cl_vanillamode" CVAR actually showed (I made some aliases involving it later)Can't discern why it didn't show up on Complex Doom Invasion though.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sorry but I can't help you that problem is out of my domain and it's not happening in my side. If you managed to find a solution it's fine anyway.
SmashingYourFace wrote: Encountered a bug when playing earlier today, I couldn't take damage and all projectiles bounced off of me. No clue how it happened though.

https://youtu.be/C7imvOKA_-A
I would like to know what you did exactly before having that glitch.
Did you used any powerup or mech?
I had the Legendary Rune, didn't use any mechs/suits the whole game, and the only power up I would have used around that time would be the Red Armor and Blue Health Sphere. I think this bug occurred around when the wave in the video started.

All I can think of, wish I recorded earlier. :(
Last edited by SmashingYourFace on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hetaheta
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by hetaheta » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:03 pm

SmashingYourFace wrote:
fr blood wrote:
Slim wrote: Okay so, the other night I played the Alien Vendetta Complex LCA Survival server and, hosting the same Complex and LCA mods, strangely the "cd_cl_vanillamode" CVAR actually showed (I made some aliases involving it later)Can't discern why it didn't show up on Complex Doom Invasion though.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sorry but I can't help you that problem is out of my domain and it's not happening in my side. If you managed to find a solution it's fine anyway.
SmashingYourFace wrote: Encountered a bug when playing earlier today, I couldn't take damage and all projectiles bounced off of me. No clue how it happened though.

https://youtu.be/C7imvOKA_-A
I would like to know what you did exactly before having that glitch.
Did you used any powerup or mech?
I had the Legendary Rune, didn't use any mechs/suits the whole game, and the only power up I would have used around that time would be the Red Armor and Blue Health Sphere. I think this bug occurred around when the wave in the video started.

All I can think of, wish I recorded earlier. :(
You did not help much. Pretty sure red armor has nothing to do with this.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:39 pm

If I'm right the only powerup which can give Invulnerability + Reflection is the Demonic Chalice, didn't you use it in the map?

Deathtoll

Post by Deathtoll » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:56 pm

fr blood wrote: If I'm right the only powerup which can give Invulnerability + Reflection is the Demonic Chalice, didn't you use it in the map?
If you use the demonic chalice while taking damage, this appears to trigger the glitch. I've done it multiple times, with most successes in triggering this happening while getting hit constantly with the various BFG tracers.

TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:34 pm

So, here are these tons of ideas:

Note: all that I CAN and WANT to do. There was much more of them, but most of this ideas I can't and don't know how to do.
Everything what you like here I can realise, if you want.

1. Demon tech railgun - works in the same way as Dark cybie's and Cardinal's railguns, and deal much more damage than player's regular railgun. Eats Demonic ammo, may or may not have reloading, that how you want. I think, I could frankensprite graphics for it.

2. Smoother animation for Pulse shotgun, and allow player to drop mines and toss grenades with it.

3. BFG 15K like Cyberbruiser and Baby demolisher has (Always wondering why monsters can use it, and players are not?). Works like BFG 10K, but shoots projectiles instead of tracers that deals more damage, but eats a little more ammo. Eats cells as ammo, doesn't have reload. I also think that I can frankensprite it.

4. Mini-missile zombieman: shoots brust of 3-5 mini-missiles like Max-soldier.

5. Necrosuit as a new mech. Armed with the infinity dual miniguns, and swarm missiles that are need to be reloaded (Like in every mech). Before launching the missiles, it lowers miniguns and raises missile launchers, then firing a lot of missiles, and then switching back to miniguns. Has less HP than prototype, but more than a max-soldier (500, i guess). Self-destruction when at low HP, not always.

6. A revenant rune that turns player into a hellfire revenant for a short period of time, with or without loosing armor and health of human form.

7. Flamethrower: left fire on the ground, uses custom gas ammo, doesn't need to be reloaded.

8. Revolver as alternative pistol. May use custom ammo, or just a lot of common bullets per one shoot, require reload, shoot one heavily damaging bullet (Enought for killing common pinky in 1-2 shots) with almost 100% accuracy. Can gib enemies.

9. Demon tech shotgun (Not like in randommons). Shoots like Tech vulcan, but like shotgun, eats demon tech ammo (5 per shoot, I guess), a little more accurate than an Auto shotgun, doesn't require reload.

10. Elite/Super/Demonic/*Insert here an epic adjective* bonus crates. Red colored, and very rare. Contain only epic items (Leg. weapons, task force beacons etc.) and sometimes could "spit out" mech. (Very doubtfull idea, I guess).

Well, thats all at this time.
Sorry for my dumb English.
Last edited by TheSkyBug on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:32 pm

For begin thanks for all this suggestion, now let's begin.
TheSkyBug wrote: 1. Demon tech railgun - works in the same way as Dark cybie's and Cardinal's railguns, and deal much more damage than player's regular railgun. Eats Demonic ammo, may or may not have reloading, that how you want. I think, I could frankensprite graphics for it.
This could be a good idea in another addon for Complex Doom, but actually the plasma tank already does this stuff so that weapon isn't necessary.
TheSkyBug wrote: 2. Smoother animation for Pulse shotgun, and allow player to drop mines and toss grenades with it.
It's ok I will try to impliment grenades and mines for that weapon.
But for the animation, that weapon isn't mine NourPrince is the man who could make it smoother.
TheSkyBug wrote: 3. BFG 15K like Cyberbruiser and Baby demolisher has (Always wondering why monsters can use it, and players are not?). Works like BFG 10K, but shoots projectiles instead of tracers that deals more damage, but eats a little more ammo. Eats cells as ammo, doesn't have reload. I also think that I can frankensprite it.
Maybe in a legendary version, but here no that kind of weapon isn't necessary since it only does the same thing than the BFG10K with more damage/ammo use, it's like before when I was looking to add a sniper at the end I understood that railgun does the same thing.
TheSkyBug wrote: 4. Mini-missile zombieman: shoots brust of 3-5 mini-missiles like Max-soldier.
Yeah a monster like that is in the hem addon of complex doom. I'm not sure if I want to add him, it's not like if he is very necessary.
TheSkyBug wrote: 5. Necrosuit as a new mech. Armed with the infinity dual miniguns, and swarm missiles that are need to be reloaded (Like in every mech). Before launching the missiles, it lowers miniguns and raises missile launchers, then firing a lot of missiles, and then switching back to miniguns. Has less HP than prototype, but more than a max-soldier (500, i guess). Self-destruction when at low HP, not always.
This is sure a good idea here, if you find some sprites and sound for that mech then I'll be able to code the rest.
TheSkyBug wrote: 6. A revenant rune that turns player into a hellfire revenant for a short period of time, with or without loosing armor and health of human form.
This idea is cool, like in Doom 2016, IMO that rune shouldn't change you into a Revenant but into something stronger. :cool:
TheSkyBug wrote: 7. Flamethrower: left fire on the ground, uses custom gas ammo, doesn't need to be reloaded.
I'm trying to avoid the add of new type of ammunition this is why that weapon wasn't there in the begining and won't be added in the future.
TheSkyBug wrote: 8. Revolver as alternative pistol. May use custom ammo, or just a lot of common bullets per one shoot, require reload, shoot one heavily damaging bullet (Enought for killing common pinky in 1-2 shots) with almost 100% accuracy. Can gib enemies.
Seems cool, but this is like the stronger BFG, I add weapons only if they have something really special compare to other and don't use ammunition that isn't already in the mode.
TheSkyBug wrote: 9. Demon tech shotgun (Not like in randommons). Shoots like Tech vulcan, but like shotgun, eats demon tech ammo (5 per shoot, I guess), a little more accurate than an Auto shotgun, doesn't require reload.
This is like when you asked for an Explosive Shotgun, it will do exactly what the Pulse Shotgun do.
TheSkyBug wrote: 10. Elite/Super/Demonic/*Insert here an epic adjective* bonus crates. Red colored, and very rare. Contain only epic items (Leg. weapons, task force beacons etc.) and sometimes could "spit out" mech. (Very doubtfull idea, I guess).
Yes, would be cool, let's say that this would have 10% of being dropped by a monster instead of a normal crate.

TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:05 pm

fr blood wrote: For begin thanks for all this suggestion, now let's begin.
TheSkyBug wrote: 1. Demon tech railgun - works in the same way as Dark cybie's and Cardinal's railguns, and deal much more damage than player's regular railgun. Eats Demonic ammo, may or may not have reloading, that how you want. I think, I could frankensprite graphics for it.
This could be a good idea in another addon for Complex Doom, but actually the plasma tank already does this stuff so that weapon isn't necessary.
TheSkyBug wrote: 2. Smoother animation for Pulse shotgun, and allow player to drop mines and toss grenades with it.
It's ok I will try to impliment grenades and mines for that weapon.
But for the animation, that weapon isn't mine NourPrince is the man who could make it smoother.
TheSkyBug wrote: 3. BFG 15K like Cyberbruiser and Baby demolisher has (Always wondering why monsters can use it, and players are not?). Works like BFG 10K, but shoots projectiles instead of tracers that deals more damage, but eats a little more ammo. Eats cells as ammo, doesn't have reload. I also think that I can frankensprite it.
Maybe in a legendary version, but here no that kind of weapon isn't necessary since it only does the same thing than the BFG10K with more damage/ammo use, it's like before when I was looking to add a sniper at the end I understood that railgun does the same thing.
TheSkyBug wrote: 4. Mini-missile zombieman: shoots brust of 3-5 mini-missiles like Max-soldier.
Yeah a monster like that is in the hem addon of complex doom. I'm not sure if I want to add him, it's not like if he is very necessary.
TheSkyBug wrote: 5. Necrosuit as a new mech. Armed with the infinity dual miniguns, and swarm missiles that are need to be reloaded (Like in every mech). Before launching the missiles, it lowers miniguns and raises missile launchers, then firing a lot of missiles, and then switching back to miniguns. Has less HP than prototype, but more than a max-soldier (500, i guess). Self-destruction when at low HP, not always.
This is sure a good idea here, if you find some sprites and sound for that mech then I'll be able to code the rest.
TheSkyBug wrote: 6. A revenant rune that turns player into a hellfire revenant for a short period of time, with or without loosing armor and health of human form.
This idea is cool, like in Doom 2016, IMO that rune shouldn't change you into a Revenant but into something stronger. :cool:
TheSkyBug wrote: 7. Flamethrower: left fire on the ground, uses custom gas ammo, doesn't need to be reloaded.
I'm trying to avoid the add of new type of ammunition this is why that weapon wasn't there in the begining and won't be added in the future.
TheSkyBug wrote: 8. Revolver as alternative pistol. May use custom ammo, or just a lot of common bullets per one shoot, require reload, shoot one heavily damaging bullet (Enought for killing common pinky in 1-2 shots) with almost 100% accuracy. Can gib enemies.
Seems cool, but this is like the stronger BFG, I add weapons only if they have something really special compare to other and don't use ammunition that isn't already in the mode.
TheSkyBug wrote: 9. Demon tech shotgun (Not like in randommons). Shoots like Tech vulcan, but like shotgun, eats demon tech ammo (5 per shoot, I guess), a little more accurate than an Auto shotgun, doesn't require reload.
This is like when you asked for an Explosive Shotgun, it will do exactly what the Pulse Shotgun do.
TheSkyBug wrote: 10. Elite/Super/Demonic/*Insert here an epic adjective* bonus crates. Red colored, and very rare. Contain only epic items (Leg. weapons, task force beacons etc.) and sometimes could "spit out" mech. (Very doubtfull idea, I guess).
Yes, would be cool, let's say that this would have 10% of being dropped by a monster instead of a normal crate.
Well... When I wrote all that ideas, I meant that everything in this list I'll do myself. I can animate and code it, all that is required from you is to add the things I've done in the mod.

I can redone the Pulse shotgun animation right now, and add mines and grenade tossing to it, it's simple.

I already had some sprites and sounds from necrosuit, can start developing it in the near future.

There could be a multiple demon runes, each transform player into a different demons.

If you'll accept me to do this things, I'll start work when I got some free time.

fiorello1

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by fiorello1 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:27 am

Cool mod man
FIRE AURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Immortal psx
New User

Post by Immortal psx » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:10 pm

Smoke :qualityposter:

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:58 am

Updated to the mode to the version 0.97

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:34 pm

fr blood wrote:Updated to the mode to the version 0.97
Awesome!

Also I wanted to ask that the last Weapon known as the tome which spawns green ghosts, what exactly does it do?..I mean its some how considered the most powerful weapon yet it does nothing useful except for a little bit of damaging...

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:29 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:
fr blood wrote:Updated to the mode to the version 0.97
Awesome!

Also I wanted to ask that the last Weapon known as the tome which spawns green ghosts, what exactly does it do?..I mean its some how considered the most powerful weapon yet it does nothing useful except for a little bit of damaging...
The weapon you are talking about is from LCA not Complex Doom Invasion, as you can see you will never have this weapon on any CDM map or with crates until you get it with cheats.

It's supposed to curse some monsters to make them infight then revive as ally, but it won't work in CDI bcoz I've edited all the monsters to not be affected by that book which could break the scripts of the invasion gameplay.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:11 pm

fr blood wrote:
The weapon you are talking about is from LCA not Complex Doom Invasion, as you can see you will never have this weapon on any CDM map or with crates until you get it with cheats.

It's supposed to curse some monsters to make them infight then revive as ally, but it won't work in CDI bcoz I've edited all the monsters to not be affected by that book which could break the scripts of the invasion gameplay.
Well I tried using it in the testing map with summonfriend demons, it seems to sometimes cause monsters that are friends to us become aggressive...doesn't work on marines tho.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:49 am

Here comes a new update with CDMBOSS as final map.

C:\)
Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:53 pm

epic crates are broken

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:42 pm

There were some mistakes on the 1st .wad, be sure to delete the files and download them again on BE server, that bug is fixed.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sun May 01, 2016 3:04 pm

the last BOSSMAP is very congested, I mean "Hell" and many other maps with Epic Boss battles have a lot of space and a feeling of the end but this one doesn't, also why everything is Legendary or in more plain words, "Gold Platted",
its like demons went full Bling or something

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun May 01, 2016 5:52 pm

how about a 0.98b

after defeating the dark cardinal 1st form the next wave should be a zerg of legendary marines and sergeants
i dont think that wont be a problem since theres a lot of suits spheres and items to deal against them

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun May 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:the last BOSSMAP is very congested, I mean "Hell" and many other maps with Epic Boss battles have a lot of space and a feeling of the end but this one doesn't, also why everything is Legendary or in more plain words, "Gold Platted",
its like demons went full Bling or something
once you learn the map at 100% its easy to deal

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sun May 01, 2016 6:14 pm

C:\) wrote:how about a 0.98b

after defeating the dark cardinal 1st form the next wave should be a zerg of legendary marines and sergeants
i dont think that wont be a problem since theres a lot of suits spheres and items to deal against them
Yeah, and you will lag and be kicked by the server because of the missed packets...