Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
User avatar
C:\)
Forum Regular
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#621

Post by C:\) » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:23 am

Blast88 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:39 pm
Now perhaps the explosive versions of the super shotgun and railgun should both be removed as part of the balancing process because those two weapons were just too pointless to add in. I do agree that the Plasma Caster secondary fire should penetrate enemies without bouncing because that could help balance the plasma caster. I do also wish for the Legendary chainsaw to be removed as well because there’s no need to have that and the Legendary Quad Shotgun should perhaps be replaced by the Legendary Super Shotgun. The spread rune will indeed need to be removed and as I mentioned, get replaced by the spread sphere.
the explosive super shotgun its ok its not that OP as you think even against a normal cyberdemon it will take time to kill it
the explosive railgun problem its that the dtech railgun it could be considered an explosive railgun already, not to mention the damage and the explosive are more powerful than the explosive railgun, one thing blood could do is remove the dtech explosive and make it a hitscan only like the normal railgun
the legendary chainsaw its a weapon for pros with balls of steel because you will mostly end killed even with a resistance rune
the leg quad shotty kind of agree, at least the other weapon has better reloading animations :P

User avatar
Blast88
Forum Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51 am
Location: Monroe County, New York, United States

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#622

Post by Blast88 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:22 pm

C:\) wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:23 am
Blast88 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:39 pm
Now perhaps the explosive versions of the super shotgun and railgun should both be removed as part of the balancing process because those two weapons were just too pointless to add in. I do agree that the Plasma Caster secondary fire should penetrate enemies without bouncing because that could help balance the plasma caster. I do also wish for the Legendary chainsaw to be removed as well because there’s no need to have that and the Legendary Quad Shotgun should perhaps be replaced by the Legendary Super Shotgun. The spread rune will indeed need to be removed and as I mentioned, get replaced by the spread sphere.
the explosive super shotgun its ok its not that OP as you think even against a normal cyberdemon it will take time to kill it
the explosive railgun problem its that the dtech railgun it could be considered an explosive railgun already, not to mention the damage and the explosive are more powerful than the explosive railgun, one thing blood could do is remove the dtech explosive and make it a hitscan only like the normal railgun
the legendary chainsaw its a weapon for pros with balls of steel because you will mostly end killed even with a resistance rune
the leg quad shotty kind of agree, at least the other weapon has better reloading animations :P
I would remove the explosive railgun because we got the D-Tech railgun and I think the D-Tech railgun is fine the way it is but it's the explosive railgun that has got to go because that weapon was way too pointless to add. The UAC Respawn Supply activations will definitely need to be balanced out because I hate getting the Ultra Sphere every 30 seconds because the Ultra Sphere is rather kind of high of a power-up to get it so often. So what should happen is that the UAC Respawn Supply should be activated every one minute when at Tier 1, every two minutes when at Tier 2, and every three minutes and not activate during respawning from death at Tier 3.

User avatar
C:\)
Forum Regular
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#623

Post by C:\) » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:02 pm

Blast88 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:22 pm
C:\) wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:23 am
Blast88 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:39 pm
Now perhaps the explosive versions of the super shotgun and railgun should both be removed as part of the balancing process because those two weapons were just too pointless to add in. I do agree that the Plasma Caster secondary fire should penetrate enemies without bouncing because that could help balance the plasma caster. I do also wish for the Legendary chainsaw to be removed as well because there’s no need to have that and the Legendary Quad Shotgun should perhaps be replaced by the Legendary Super Shotgun. The spread rune will indeed need to be removed and as I mentioned, get replaced by the spread sphere.
the explosive super shotgun its ok its not that OP as you think even against a normal cyberdemon it will take time to kill it
the explosive railgun problem its that the dtech railgun it could be considered an explosive railgun already, not to mention the damage and the explosive are more powerful than the explosive railgun, one thing blood could do is remove the dtech explosive and make it a hitscan only like the normal railgun
the legendary chainsaw its a weapon for pros with balls of steel because you will mostly end killed even with a resistance rune
the leg quad shotty kind of agree, at least the other weapon has better reloading animations :P
I would remove the explosive railgun because we got the D-Tech railgun and I think the D-Tech railgun is fine the way it is but it's the explosive railgun that has got to go because that weapon was way too pointless to add. The UAC Respawn Supply activations will definitely need to be balanced out because I hate getting the Ultra Sphere every 30 seconds because the Ultra Sphere is rather kind of high of a power-up to get it so often. So what should happen is that the UAC Respawn Supply should be activated every one minute when at Tier 1, every two minutes when at Tier 2, and every three minutes and not activate during respawning from death at Tier 3.
another thing blood could do for the explosive railgun is to nerf the damage but increase the explosive radius, kind of like a prototype rocket launcher-railgun
the uac respawn resupply i agree of giving a longer time per tier but also something else
that shit always overwrite the leg armor by surprise if its down below 250, it should have a timer so we can fix the leg armor before the resupply overwrite it

User avatar
Blast88
Forum Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:51 am
Location: Monroe County, New York, United States

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#624

Post by Blast88 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:25 pm

C:\) wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:02 pm
Blast88 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:22 pm
C:\) wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:23 am
Blast88 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:39 pm
Now perhaps the explosive versions of the super shotgun and railgun should both be removed as part of the balancing process because those two weapons were just too pointless to add in. I do agree that the Plasma Caster secondary fire should penetrate enemies without bouncing because that could help balance the plasma caster. I do also wish for the Legendary chainsaw to be removed as well because there’s no need to have that and the Legendary Quad Shotgun should perhaps be replaced by the Legendary Super Shotgun. The spread rune will indeed need to be removed and as I mentioned, get replaced by the spread sphere.
the explosive super shotgun its ok its not that OP as you think even against a normal cyberdemon it will take time to kill it
the explosive railgun problem its that the dtech railgun it could be considered an explosive railgun already, not to mention the damage and the explosive are more powerful than the explosive railgun, one thing blood could do is remove the dtech explosive and make it a hitscan only like the normal railgun
the legendary chainsaw its a weapon for pros with balls of steel because you will mostly end killed even with a resistance rune
the leg quad shotty kind of agree, at least the other weapon has better reloading animations :P
I would remove the explosive railgun because we got the D-Tech railgun and I think the D-Tech railgun is fine the way it is but it's the explosive railgun that has got to go because that weapon was way too pointless to add. The UAC Respawn Supply activations will definitely need to be balanced out because I hate getting the Ultra Sphere every 30 seconds because the Ultra Sphere is rather kind of high of a power-up to get it so often. So what should happen is that the UAC Respawn Supply should be activated every one minute when at Tier 1, every two minutes when at Tier 2, and every three minutes and not activate during respawning from death at Tier 3.
another thing blood could do for the explosive railgun is to nerf the damage but increase the explosive radius, kind of like a prototype rocket launcher-railgun
the uac respawn resupply i agree of giving a longer time per tier but also something else
that shit always overwrite the leg armor by surprise if its down below 250, it should have a timer so we can fix the leg armor before the resupply overwrite it
Yes indeed those things are what we agree for those balances of the UAC Respawn Supply. Now Blood could nerf the damage of the explosive railgun but increase the explosive radius but I think it's better off not appearing in CDI. Instead the explosive railgun should be removed.

User avatar
C:\)
Forum Regular
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#625

Post by C:\) » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:07 pm

Blast88 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:25 pm
C:\) wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:02 pm
Blast88 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:22 pm
C:\) wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:23 am


the explosive super shotgun its ok its not that OP as you think even against a normal cyberdemon it will take time to kill it
the explosive railgun problem its that the dtech railgun it could be considered an explosive railgun already, not to mention the damage and the explosive are more powerful than the explosive railgun, one thing blood could do is remove the dtech explosive and make it a hitscan only like the normal railgun
the legendary chainsaw its a weapon for pros with balls of steel because you will mostly end killed even with a resistance rune
the leg quad shotty kind of agree, at least the other weapon has better reloading animations :P
I would remove the explosive railgun because we got the D-Tech railgun and I think the D-Tech railgun is fine the way it is but it's the explosive railgun that has got to go because that weapon was way too pointless to add. The UAC Respawn Supply activations will definitely need to be balanced out because I hate getting the Ultra Sphere every 30 seconds because the Ultra Sphere is rather kind of high of a power-up to get it so often. So what should happen is that the UAC Respawn Supply should be activated every one minute when at Tier 1, every two minutes when at Tier 2, and every three minutes and not activate during respawning from death at Tier 3.
another thing blood could do for the explosive railgun is to nerf the damage but increase the explosive radius, kind of like a prototype rocket launcher-railgun
the uac respawn resupply i agree of giving a longer time per tier but also something else
that shit always overwrite the leg armor by surprise if its down below 250, it should have a timer so we can fix the leg armor before the resupply overwrite it
Yes indeed those things are what we agree for those balances of the UAC Respawn Supply. Now Blood could nerf the damage of the explosive railgun but increase the explosive radius but I think it's better off not appearing in CDI. Instead the explosive railgun should be removed.
is up to blood if he dont want his mod to be worse than clusterfuck, theres many factors he needs to take a look but the main ones are
1.-spread rune, i mean REALLY even sepia agree to remove that thing
2.-some weapons are ridiculous broken and OP like the plasma caster bouncing shurikens and Hellstorm Bfg small homing red balls without to mention the alt fire still crash the game
3.-the uac respawn supply and the automatic emergency teleporter

EDIT: yo blood the hellstorm bfg alt fire still crash the game on version 0.99.7i1
honestly you should consider to revamp that weapon by changing the alt fire to be like the cerebral commander boss, a red homing ball, and the primary fire to be like the red balls without the small homing ones like the bfg15k from clusterfuck, that would balance the weapon and probably fix the problem
Last edited by C:\) on Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
C:\)
Forum Regular
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#626

Post by C:\) » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:14 am

well i suppose blood drop the towel with this gamemode
now this is worse than clusterfuck
and some already found the exploit with the time rune

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: Bathroom

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#627

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:57 am

C:\) wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:14 am
well i suppose blood drop the towel with this gamemode
now this is worse than clusterfuck
and some already found the exploit with the time rune
I think Blood is busy with something else

and also the biggest reason why I think is because Complex Doom which all these addons and game modes are based around is becoming boring, its time is up...hopefully

you can't expect good stuff based around Complex anymore since everyone wants CF with it, so its gonna look bad no matter what

User avatar
C:\)
Forum Regular
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#628

Post by C:\) » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:06 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:57 am
C:\) wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:14 am
well i suppose blood drop the towel with this gamemode
now this is worse than clusterfuck
and some already found the exploit with the time rune
I think Blood is busy with something else

and also the biggest reason why I think is because Complex Doom which all these addons and game modes are based around is becoming boring, its time is up...hopefully

you can't expect good stuff based around Complex anymore since everyone wants CF with it, so its gonna look bad no matter what
i am literally playing more often project brutality 3.0 and total chaos
the recent update of PB is amazing

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: Bathroom

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#629

Post by Sepia-Paper » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:24 am

C:\) wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:06 pm

i am literally playing more often project brutality 3.0 and total chaos
the recent update of PB is amazing
I'm also busy playing DRLA/Raze (Blood/Duke3D Sourceport) and am graciously waiting for Doom Eternal

Heavy
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:09 am

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#630

Post by Heavy » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:16 am

We need Coronavirus CDI edition!! =)))

User avatar
C:\)
Forum Regular
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#631

Post by C:\) » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:59 pm

Heavy wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:16 am
We need Coronavirus CDI edition!! =)))
its already a disease much worse than that

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: Bathroom

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#632

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:16 am

we need some new sort of invasion mod, Blood please come up with something plz!

User avatar
C:\)
Forum Regular
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#633

Post by C:\) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:31 am

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:16 am
we need some new sort of invasion mod, Blood please come up with something plz!
i doubt he would do something new
he already confessed somewhere that hes literally bored of complex doom
i also quit too, his mod turned worse than clusterfuck and its not longer fun

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: Bathroom

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#634

Post by Sepia-Paper » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:28 am

C:\) wrote: i doubt he would do something new
he already confessed somewhere that hes literally bored of complex doom
i also quit too, his mod turned worse than clusterfuck and its not longer fun
I meant a complete new invasion mod, you seem to be still obsessed with Complex Doom that you now associate anything with it, stop playing it, its cancer!

there are plenty of other invasion mods that Blood made and one of my fav was Chaos Invasion from Hell, I still played it recently cause it was soo fun.

pretty wacky and awesome

User avatar
C:\)
Forum Regular
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#635

Post by C:\) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:52 am

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:28 am
C:\) wrote: i doubt he would do something new
he already confessed somewhere that hes literally bored of complex doom
i also quit too, his mod turned worse than clusterfuck and its not longer fun
I meant a complete new invasion mod, you seem to be still obsessed with Complex Doom that you now associate anything with it, stop playing it, its cancer!

there are plenty of other invasion mods that Blood made and one of my fav was Chaos Invasion from Hell, I still played it recently cause it was soo fun.

pretty wacky and awesome
people still playing that cancer because brutal doom its a cancer much worse and most of the good mods are exclusive to gzdoom
however the clusterfucks servers seems to have been dead for good, now they play survivor vanilla LCA, not even the cheap enraged ones

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: Bathroom

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#636

Post by Sepia-Paper » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:53 pm

C:\) wrote: people still playing that cancer because brutal doom its a cancer much worse and most of the good mods are exclusive to gzdoom
however the clusterfucks servers seems to have been dead for good, now they play survivor vanilla LCA, not even the cheap enraged ones
Thankfully people will get busy further now with Doom Eternal since devs of both Brutal Doom and CF hate the latest Doom games
(seriously Sarge and Dust both dislike the new games for petty reasons)

and CF will finally go in to dust.

tho I do wish Zandronum starts getting updated someday, if it becomes capable of being compatible with GZDoom mods (and Z-Script) it will bring an entire new multiplayer experience!

JustSomeUACMarine
Registered just to make one post
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:56 am

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#637

Post by JustSomeUACMarine » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:50 pm

The download for Complex Doom Invasion, the songs and the HPbar have an error.

User avatar
C:\)
Forum Regular
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#638

Post by C:\) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:56 am

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:53 pm
C:\) wrote: people still playing that cancer because brutal doom its a cancer much worse and most of the good mods are exclusive to gzdoom
however the clusterfucks servers seems to have been dead for good, now they play survivor vanilla LCA, not even the cheap enraged ones
Thankfully people will get busy further now with Doom Eternal since devs of both Brutal Doom and CF hate the latest Doom games
(seriously Sarge and Dust both dislike the new games for petty reasons)

and CF will finally go in to dust.

tho I do wish Zandronum starts getting updated someday, if it becomes capable of being compatible with GZDoom mods (and Z-Script) it will bring an entire new multiplayer experience!
both are idiots
sarge is mad because id took his ideas of making the glory kills and the icon of sin body
and the CF author is a moron who like broken shit just like his shitty mod

i have a mixed feelings for 2 reasons
the lack of mods support, that game wont last longer, in less than a month people will quit
and that lame multiplayer, the doom 2016 deathmatch was much better

but the campaing music and everything else its great

User avatar
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:29 pm
Location: Bathroom

Re: Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.7h

#639

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:14 pm

C:\) wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:56 am
both are idiots
sarge is mad because id took his ideas of making the glory kills and the icon of sin body
and the CF author is a moron who like broken shit just like his shitty mod

i have a mixed feelings for 2 reasons
the lack of mods support, that game wont last longer, in less than a month people will quit
and that lame multiplayer, the doom 2016 deathmatch was much better

but the campaing music and everything else its great
I have already played it and it seems to be Doom 2016 expanded further, also its not Hell on Earth at all (its more like fight between sentinels and "maykrs")

gameplay wise its very very upgrade oriented with a lot of emphases on being fast and quick. (if played Prince of Persia or God of War, just replace swords with guns)

I haven't played multiplayer cause my net isn't that great but it seems to be very active right now, but there are plans for DLCs which will expand the campaign further.

the story is not complete and there several missing pieces that will be revealed later in DLCs probably, but over all its fun and longer the Doom 16, but less cinematic and serious

also mods would never be able to support such an heavy game, unless if it was built like Fallout 4 but sadly no.

Post Reply