Idea: Omega Duel maps as stock duel maps

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Remmirath
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Idea: Omega Duel maps as stock duel maps

Post by Remmirath » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:21 am

Xaser wrote: For sake of tossing out a possible suggestion: Does "gennodes 1" fix the issue? Could be an issue with external ZDBSP building less precise nodes (due to settings) than the internal one does. This is a fairly common thing even in non-UDMF maps.
Even if that would fix the slime trails, the portal issue would still remain. It's not a map I'd take into consideration as stock, anyway.

Blasphyx

Post by Blasphyx » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:25 am

The only textures that would cause problems without the custom palette are the fancy sky blue textures. The skies and and gradient light midtexes can easily be replaced with something else. I don't really see the issue in making these maps stock just because they are already from a wad. It's not like Skulltag didn't have 2 or 3 crucified dreams maps.

Reaku
Forum Regular

Post by Reaku » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:38 am

Though not to forget maps that were made before, wouldn't it seem a little lazy to use maps from another wad? I know you could find a gem in there, but why not just build the stock from the ground up with the community behind it?
|Project releases|
http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=217 : Reckoning of Armageddon: Deathmatch map pack :