Doomseeker problems

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
The Endertainer

Doomseeker problems

Post by The Endertainer » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:55 pm

I spent a few hours messing around with this and i always get the same message in the console saying:
this server is using 98d. your version is different. please check for updates
What does this mean? I still have the skultag98d.exe in my Zandronum folder.

Help? By the way i'm a noob so i don't get all this stuff :P
Last edited by The Endertainer on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zalewa
Developer

RE: Doomseeker problems

Post by Zalewa » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:30 pm

You're trying to reach a Skulltag server using Zandronum query method. In Doomseeker there is a query menu, inside you should find both Skulltag and Zandronum. First of all make sure that only one is enabled at a time. So disable one of them. You can also enable/disable query plugins by clicking on the icons located in bottom right corner of Doomseeker.

Unfortunately both master.skulltag.net and master.zandronum.com addresses point to the same host. This means that both Skulltag and Zandronum servers show up on the same list next to each other. The only way to determine which is which is to look on the version number by hovering your mouse cursor over the "Servername" column. If it says "0.98" then it's a Skulltag server. If it says "1.0" then it's Zandronum server. You will have to refresh the list with the proper query plugin enabled and then try to join the server.

I'm afraid that current Doomseeker version is not prepared to do that automatically. The core architectural design of the program assumes that one game = one master server. Currently we have one master for two games.
Doomseeker - a real answer to cross-platform server browser.
Doomseeker dev builds - unofficial Doomseeker builds for Windows.
Gamer's Proxy - a program to emulate ping and packet losses.

The Endertainer

RE: Doomseeker problems

Post by The Endertainer » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Hey thanks man :) Everything's running fine now.