Editing for Zandronum, Gametypes, Etc...

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
TorrentialFire
New User

Editing for Zandronum, Gametypes, Etc...

Post by TorrentialFire » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:13 am

Could anyone be awesome and explain a setup for DB2 to create DM/CTF style maps for Zandronum?

I understand it's an offshoot of SkullTag, reading some of documentation on it, and in the past having been interested in mapping for SkullTag (the forums closed before I had a chance to post there). What I would like to know is: what config for DB2 should I edit with, my intent being to create maps people will actually want to play on?

I would like to start from a solid basis with the config and resources, and hopefully create interesting and engaging game-play and level design.

As an aside, could I also be pointed in the direction of wads/pk3's commonly played these days with DM/CTF maps?

Thanks for the help, hopefully I'll have something to show for it in the coming months.

TorrentialFire
New User

RE: Editing for Zandronum, Gametypes, Etc...

Post by TorrentialFire » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Hey um... :neutral: I feel like this thread would make more sense in the Editing section of this forum. I seriously didn't notice that until looking at it this afternoon.

Can I get a little help from a Mod?

Powerman
Forum Regular

Post by Powerman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:18 am

You would for map configuration use the zandronum.pk3 and skulltag_actors.pk3 as editing for skulltag (Doom in Doom) or (Doom in Hexen) format.
Last edited by Powerman on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://brutaldoomwads.weebly.com/
Also Now Every Wednesday is Brutal doom Co-op! Just Look For powerman in the name!

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:01 am

No, use UDMF format. It's much easier and much more flexible than "Doom in Hexen".
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:35 am

Ænima wrote: No, use UDMF format. It's much easier and much more flexible than "Doom in Hexen".
Pretty much this. Preferably you can use Skulltag in UDMF but that's not really important. It allows you to do A LOT of things you wouldn't without scripting in Zdoom in Doom/Hexen/Whatever mode.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===