Long term goals.

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Drayko

RE: Long term goals.

Post by Drayko » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:49 pm

Wow I got a lot of flack for that one.

Kara Kurt
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Kara Kurt » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:32 am

Dusk wrote:
Drayko wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote: Zandro, Odamex, and ZDaemon have completely different goals and design philosophies, so the chances of that happening is unfortunately quite small.
Yeah and the reason for this is because the developers are a bunch of socially iliterate pretentious fucktards and they should just get over it.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
I laughed :wonk:

MrSetharoo
Forum Regular

Post by MrSetharoo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:47 am

Drayko wrote: Wow I got a lot of flack for that one.
GEE, I WONDER WHY.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:18 am

Read what you write before posting it -and after thinking of it. Also what you said would've got you perma banned almost everywhere else :P
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Edward-san
Developer

Post by Edward-san » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:47 am

Drayko wrote:
TerminusEst13 wrote: Zandro, Odamex, and ZDaemon have completely different goals and design philosophies, so the chances of that happening is unfortunately quite small.
Yeah and the reason for this is because the developers are a bunch of socially iliterate pretentious fucktards and they should just get over it.
HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT? :wonk:
Last edited by Edward-san on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:13 am

Drayko wrote: Wow I got a lot of flack for that one.
*Flak

You bet. Maybe next time, don't get something off your chest; where the obvious reactions will get you so much flak, they'll have to make you the king of flak. Just saying.
Drayko wrote: I hate to say this but I want to get this off my chest: The duplication of effort and hyperfragmentation of Doom source ports needs to stop. Zan, Oda, and ZD need to become one. Oda being a subset of ZD, and ZD being a subset of Zan. Any other stragglers need to get abort their projects as well.
Drayko wrote:
Drayko in the OP wrote: What features would you like to see included in Zandronum at some time in the future?

What would we like the project to be like in 6 months? One year? Five years? A decade from now?

So much for the original reason this thread was made. "Long term goals." For Zandronum everyone originally thought, not a "HEY GUYS I'D LOVE TO SEE ALL PORTS PUT TOGETHER AND THE DEVS NOT BEING RETARDS! IT'S THEIR FAULT! THEY'RE FUCKTARDS!" thread.

Bottom line: Don't say things you have no facts for. Since you really, really must not pay attention to the communities/development of each port, seeing as how little sense that "put em together, devs are retarded, that's why they're not" statement made.
Last edited by Slim on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:16 am

Nevermind absolutely inane demands like
Drayko wrote: A full port to WebGL/HTML5 that supports the vast majority of the WAD library.
As if THAT wouldn't take ten years on it's own.

MrSetharoo
Forum Regular

Post by MrSetharoo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:50 am

Drayko wrote: A full port to WebGL/HTML5
N. O.

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Ok since he's clearly trolling/admitted to it indirectly, can we just abyss/ban/lock/whatever and move on instead of feeding the troll? The topic idea is dumb despite the OP getting what he wants which is cultivating attention. Just nuke him and keep a potentially good thread going.

De-M-oN
Forum Regular

Post by De-M-oN » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:57 pm

I would already like to see 1000hz mouse support and in AOW2 I dont want to be 3 times the width for collision detection if I bypass an enemy as stealth trooper :/
And since the player always play on that damn texas server I have 150 ping and this problem is there then. (maybe if other player has high ping as well? )

But 1.3 did one great step already that we dont have anymore z-jumping actors on ledges. Which was in AOW for example bad for the turrets. Thanks so much for fixing that problem.

And pleeease improve text scaling.

hud_scale 0 / 1 is too less.

Why I cant have a 0.75 for example?
Last edited by De-M-oN on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:30 pm

1000hz is coming for 2.0

Hud scaling may become better as we remove carnevil copy/paste code that prevents us from doing stuff like that.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:38 pm

Watermelon wrote: Hud scaling may become better as we remove carnevil copy/paste code that prevents us from doing stuff like that.
FYI, the CVAR hud_scale De-M-oN mentioned is straight from ZDoom and has nothing to do with Carn's code for the Skulltag fullscreen HUD. Actually the latter does support almost arbitrary scaling.

Drayko

Re: Long term goals.

Post by Drayko » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:49 am

Ok I don't mean to do thread necromancy but I wanted to check if anything got done that we talked about here.

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:30 am

Code: Select all

A wild necromancer appears!
QZRcon - Qt-based tool for Zandronum/Skulltag servers!
#grandvoid funny stats

Drayko

Post by Drayko » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 pm

The "long" in the term has come. The tension is thick, I'm sorry.