Rocket Launcher - frontend for windows - LONG OVERDUE UPDATE

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
jwaffe
Forum Regular

RE: Rocket Launcher - frontend for windows | NEW: Save and load all custom parameters

Post by jwaffe » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:41 pm

Looks like a nice launcher. It's nice to have a quick frontend for vanilla doom.

I noticed you disabled the +map selection box on the far right for vanilla doom, you should also disable it for chocolate doom because it also only takes -warp as a parameter.

What library did you use to make this?

Oxyde
New User

RE: Rocket Launcher - frontend for windows | NEW: Save and load all custom parameters

Post by Oxyde » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:32 pm

This thing is just wonders, now all I would like to see within this launcher is a simplified demoplayer, that would be just the last thing it needs!

Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Rocket Launcher - frontend for windows - LONG OVERDUE UPDATE

Post by Hypnotoad » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:15 pm

I finally decided to work on this again after all this time. My first update brings some much requested features:

First of all the pwad loading system has changed, you now have a button to add each pwad from the pwad folder listbox into the main 'Files to load' listbox, and you are able to manipulate the order or remove individual wads from this box; no longer must you have to clear the box and load files again if you want to change their load order or remove individual files not in the default pwad folder!

Support has been added for the popular new 'Doom Retro' source port.

Rocket Launcher now remembers the last IWAD and Engine you selected on application start, allowing you to quickly launch wads without having to select the engine and iwad each time.

A checkbox to hide or show the command line arguments has been added.

(Note, for the time being due to the strange way the doomsday engine works, it is not properly supported by this application at this time.)

As usual, please contact me if there are any bugs!

Download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/460 ... cherb7.zip

edit: also I'd like to mention, because people seem to be unaware about this: Rocket Launcher supports wad/pk3 file association, so if you associate your doom wads with Rocket Launcher in windows and double click them, it should run Rocket Launcher with the pwad loaded and ready to go.
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

RE: Rocket Launcher - frontend for windows - LONG OVERDUE UPDATE

Post by fr blood » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:30 am

Nice, nice and huhhhh, nice ! Downloading ....