About the latest FC+ bans.

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: About the latest FC+ bans.

Post by Metal » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:11 pm

werewindle wrote:
The Toxic Avenger wrote: Mobius cut the crap or it's a warning.

This goes to all of you.

(also 3 months for wood is a bit excessive but whatever)
i advise you to stay out of the argument, because it's obvious there WAS admin abuse by legion. mobius may be a dick, but you won't help the issue by silencing legitimate claims - you are not the guy who pays for NJ and makes the rules, afaik.

Warning Issued: Don't backseat moderate
The Toxic Avenger moderates the forums. His job is to prevent drama and keep the peace, and that's just what he did here. If you have an issue with the rules on these forums, feel free to PM me.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:00 am

legion wrote:
Mobius wrote:
legion wrote: the gist of the matter is if you dont do dumb things then you will be fine and dandy
But you do dumb things all the time. Case in point, banning people for a week cause YOU did bad in priv.
you continue to annoy and antagonize me and you wonder why you get banned
If you are such a sensitive panzy, then you should probably learn to ignore binds or step down as admin. :rolleyes:
Last edited by Ru5tK1ng on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

legion

Post by legion » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:06 am

werewindle wrote:

This goes to all of you.

i advise you to stay out of the argument, because it's obvious there WAS admin abuse by legion. mobius may be a dick, but you won't help the issue by silencing legitimate claims - you are not the guy who pays for NJ and makes the rules, afaik.

"legitimate claims." I hardly think so

let me clarify some shit: a lot of things annoy me. people and their actions can and have touched on my nerves in the past. if I did ban everything and anything that has EVER annoyed me in the past then there would be very few people playing indeed.

however, since mobius and co want to argue. and argue. and argue until the end of time for a perceived affront, I will explain things
it wasn't meant to be a reaction to me doing bad in priv (it happens, which is fine), but rather for the stupid binds that mobius endlessly spams. these binds are not only visually annoying but their content is pretty shitty as well and I'd rather not see that shit while im eating or something. it was my fault for not enacting the ban right then and there, mostly because im lazy at times when I shouldn't be. when you returned to priv a few days later I had completely forgotten about that shit but then you come in and be your usual self. I let you play in the priv until it was over because I'm a good sport but you need to learn to be less of an annoying dipshit please thanks.

dont think I'm biased because slyfox is also guilty of said bind spamming but he learns quicker and has a significantly higher iq.

yes, it was my fault this became any sort of issue because of the lack of action on my part. my bad.

the woodpecker ban is somewhat excessive. I will reduce it to three weeks.

if there are any more concerns or issues about this or any other bans feel free to either PM me or contribute to the dramafest in this thread

http://www.funcrusherplus.net/server-rules/
these are the primary rules for the FC+ servers. additionally, bind spam is unacceptable.
I and soul will be tightening up on the rules as to make your fragging experiences better for all. happy dooming
Last edited by legion on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tenchu
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: LF

Post by Tenchu » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:21 am

Since when did moderating NJ become such a big deal? Do what you feel is necessary, and ignore the morons who don't agree with your decisions. There's a reason why you're an admin and they are not. There's no need for entire threads like this relating to one server cluster. Or any sort of administration really. If people don't like the admin's decisions, tough. Play somewhere else.
[22:42:21] [@SkullRush] ok guys today was one of the worst days of my life i spent p much 18 hours in my pc watching hentai and played doom with huge lag i guess i shiould go to bed now
[22:42:26] [@SkullRush] if i dont suicide, see you guys tomorrow
[22:42:29] [@SkullRush] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb^_^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[22:43:02] • Quit: (SkullRush) (~SkullRush@SkullRush.users.zandronum.com) ("Quitting")
[22:43:40] [+Jenova] wow
[22:43:47] [+Jenova] ur avg zandronum player ladies and gentlemen

legion

Post by legion » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:35 am

Ten wrote: Since when did moderating NJ become such a big deal? Do what you feel is necessary, and ignore the morons who don't agree with your decisions. There's a reason why you're an admin and they are not. There's no need for entire threads like this relating to one server cluster. Or any sort of administration really. If people don't like the admin's decisions, tough. Play somewhere else.
I would argue the morons who don't agree with my decisions sometimes help me see mistakes I've made. for instance, all this could have been avoided had I not been so lazy. since mobius feeds off of perceived wrongs and if you deviate from his little thought process even a little he will happily stir up drama (such as this thread) and enter hypertroll mode.
but now since there was a whole thread dedicated to this shit, it has made me realize that I should be more proactive and less lazy in my actions, as well as tougher in my decisions. all these things I can and will do

Replicant
New User

Post by Replicant » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:11 am

I think you said that wrong. Here, I can help:
legion almost wrote:Thanks to Zandronum, I'm more proactive and less lazy in my actions, as well as tougher in my decisions. Ask your doctor if Zandronum is right for you.

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:27 am

legion wrote:
werewindle wrote:

This goes to all of you.

dont think I'm biased because slyfox is also guilty of said bind spamming but he learns quicker and has a significantly higher iq.
To be fair I can sense when i'm about to be banned so i cut it off early

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 pm

legion wrote:the woodpecker ban is somewhat excessive. I will reduce it to three weeks.
Go ahead. I was also thinking that ban was a bit too harsh of me, to be honest.