Anyone remember these wads?

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Anyone remember these wads?

Post by Hypnotoad » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:44 pm

I have memories of 2 wads I played probably around 3 or so years ago on skulltag that were quite interesting, that I would like to play again sometime, but I cannot remember their names or who made them.

The first one contained some strange paradoxical map, exploiting lots of silent teleports. If you went forward for long enough you would end up back at the start of the map again, it was detailed with gothic architecture I think (but my memory is very fuzzy), one room was cylindrical and going all the way around the cylinder would lead you to another place in a physically impossible sense (again exploiting silent teleports).

The second wad contained some sort of puzzle and platforming map, before jumpmaze and related wads came about. I remember the first section had you drop down into a bouncepad, probably through a tunnel before bouncing back up to a hallway (although again can't remember that well because my memory is fuzzy). The hallway had doors leading to areas with various challenges, one was a set of platforms in the sky you needed to jump across, another was a series of crushers you needed to get past.

Do either of these maps ring a bell?

Xaser

RE: Anyone remember these wads?

Post by Xaser » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:08 am

First one sounds like Impossible: A New Reality. Trippy wad, that.

Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Anyone remember these wads?

Post by Hypnotoad » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:26 am

Wow! That was it, thanks a lot Xaser :) Great wad.

That's one down, one more to go.