A question of the Ages

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Razgriz
Forum Staff

A question of the Ages

Post by Razgriz » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:47 am

Hello everyone! It's been a while, but I've recently been prompted to mention something that got brought up to me a few times on discord, so I figured I should just tell a little bit story and ask questions.

What is the Altdeath incident?

There's a little topic that gets mentioned occasionally but never gets pursued by anyone with knowledge in the cube discord, I wonder why that is? I don't think it could be that bad could it?

I wonder why it's so bad, that it has to become "memory hold"? It isn't like it could just be gone and lost without traces no, Altdeath has been down for so many years and there's not much you can get from the wayback machine.

Oh? He still has access to this Altdeath situation somehow? Why, it's so bad, it should be "memory held" and not traceable of what it is, what is it that he has and why does he still have it?
NHNubzZ4dTh2anBmbjloMXgvY0VMT0RsSFdrPQ==.zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ihb9by

Well, fortunately for the curious minded, I did in fact accidentally stumble upon Teamspeak logs from 2014 when A3 was still using Teamspeak, and I found a lot of interesting stuff that was said in TS chat. Here in this log is an image link that contains a namestring that's very concerning for all people of all walks (don't worry, it doesn't work anymore). When you find it, you might be a bit confused, shocked, and in denial that it can't be what you're thinking of. So I raise you this question: If it's so bad that he wants it to be "memory hold" forever, made an image of it, still has it in possession, and given the name in the log, can it really be that bad, and why would anyone keep such an image around? Let me know what you think below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Decay
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Re: A question of the Ages

Post by Decay » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:18 am

Embedded so everyone can clearly see it. If memory serves correctly, he was quite proud of it and gave himself the title of "I killed altdeath" as a forum user title, a badge of honor

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:16 pm

Is this cancel culture taking effect? I thought we stopped doing these. In any case, nobody is innocent and the opposing party should be well aware of that. If one wants to dig dirt there'll always be something for someone...
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:22 pm

Someone wanna summarize this so I don't have to look through miles of logs

also given that this is from 2014 it's more of a curiosity for me than "I'M GONNA BE OUTRAGED". It's long enough ago that it's not worth getting angry over.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:54 pm

#LOGS4DAYSYEARS
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community