Zandronum Suggestions & Bug Reports

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.

Do you agree with

Total votes: 0

Quaker540

Zandronum Suggestions & Bug Reports

Post by Quaker540 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Hello everyone!

As the title says, this thread is specifically to report Bugs and send some suggestions about Zandronum to help improve it. I've some bug reports to post, but sadly I don't have them all, as I lost most of them. However, here are my reports;

[spoiler]Zandronum has a weird aspect ratio selection etc. In G/ZDoom, it works fine and scales everything properly.
It is me, or projectiles tre-pass walls? I was throwing in the Vanilla Doom a Rocket, I enable "Freeze" mode, and I saw the rocket pass a bit the wall and then explode normally.
BFG9000 can't aim downwards. All other weapons can.
[/spoiler]

Those are the bugs I founded. And now, suggestions!

[spoiler]1; Can the Zandronum community stop for a bit Multiplayer updates? I don't see any reason to continue Multiplayer development (At least for now) as we have things that we must end soon, like the Voxel support, the bugs I mentioned etc.

2; Can the Zandronum community [/b]please[/b] remove M_MULTI? I think we need to move it to "New Game", as M_MULTI breaks compatibility with custom menu code.

3; Support for more commands. I'm always getting pissed when I made things and then I've to made them Zandronum compatible and duplicate thousands of things because of Zandronum's out-dated stuff. I mean, it's getting me headcaches for no reason at all.

4; A question, actually. Where can I found the source code? I just want to download it in case to fix things in Zandronum.[/spoiler]

Thanks for your comprehension and time! Correct me if I had mistakes! :biggrin:
[quote=The Forum Community] We all love you, Quaker540.[/quote]

Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Zandronum Suggestions & Bug Reports

Post by Metal » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:16 pm

This is best left for the tracker.

http://zandronum.com/tracker/

Requests and suggestions for Zandronum go here.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:29 pm

There is a DMFlag for BFG aiming.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:53 pm

The rocket has a radius and height that determine when it'll explode not its sprite size. -It is static and intended just like vanilla doom-.
The "bugs" and voxels aren't more important than multiplayer on a multiplayer oriented port.. You can go see the tracker to realize a lot of stuff have been ported already.

Why there is no option to disagree in the poll?
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:30 am

Your suggestions just sound like "I'd rather play zdoom" right now. Zandro is very multiplayer-centric, and removing that would probably just make the port entirely purposeless, but don't fret because catching up to the newer zdoom revisions is a goal of the dev team. The 2.0 betas already are up to zdoom 2.5.0 from 2.3.1

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:45 am

Metal wrote: This is best left for the tracker.

http://zandronum.com/tracker/

Requests and suggestions for Zandronum go here.
This.
It is the best place for any Bugs or Suggestions, especially as Developers will look at it.
It's why it exists in the first place.
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Absolute Zero

Post by Absolute Zero » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:53 am

1 - Not happening, this is a multiplayer port, but it follows ZDoom's features, so whatever *new* feature that isn't multiplayer related you are interested, should be directed to ZDoom's developers (opening a ticket on the tracker never hurts, I think). Any OpenGL related feature has more chances to be implemented by directing to the GZDoom's developers (Graf Zahl or whatever it is spelled), development seems to be slow in there, though, some says Graf is not working on the OpenGL renderer anymore.

2 - I did see posts about the removal of M_MULTI somewhere, it won't be removed, but moved to the options menu or placed in "new game" menu.

3 - You can request developers to backport a feature implemented in a newer ZDoom release by opening a ticket on the tracker.

4 - See the download page.
Last edited by Absolute Zero on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
IMPLEMENT WEAPON PICKUP PREDICTION 2K14! VOTE NOW! YES/YES

In fact, I hate Kelvins, and humans too, because they are carrying nearly 300 of them EVERYWHERE!

Quaker540

Post by Quaker540 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Thanks for your comments guys! Now I finally know where can I download the Source Code!
[quote=The Forum Community] We all love you, Quaker540.[/quote]

Scott_Minikhiem
New User

Re: Zandronum Suggestions & Bug Reports

Post by Scott_Minikhiem » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:48 am

I was playing on a server tonight, the server dropped me for missed packets... Nothing wrong there just playing chillax. Anyways, I was having fun with the guy I was playing with in there... And I had an idea for a feature that I think would be helpful. It would be nice to be able to right click on the server, and to be able to add players from the server to your friends list in doomseeker.

I was trying to find him and I couldn't join the server because it was dropping everybody. Just a thought I had