Christians who Doom!

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
dannymears
New User

Christians who Doom!

Post by dannymears » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:38 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm pretty new here so thought I would introduce myself.
I'm a Christian who is a huge Doom fan. No game has affected me as much as Doom has over the years, especially after watching my Dad play the SNES version back in the mid-90's.

On a faith level, I've always found it interesting why Christians seem to hate this game given that it's literally about killing demons! :lol:
Anyway, just wondered if there where any like-minded Christian folks out there who enjoy doing 'The Lord's work' :cool: *cocks shotgun*

Or even if you're not a Christian, would just be good to get to know some folks so we can hit some Doom 2 co-op at some point! :biggrin:

Anyway! Cheers!

madcat
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Re: Christians who Doom!

Post by madcat » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:44 am

I think there is no reason why would Christians ( or any other believers ) find Doom inappropirate more than any other videogame. I am a Christian too and the only kind of videogames I would have a problem with would be some that are meant to make inappropirate fun of anyone or anything that is too dear for someone. For example, I made a lot of custom monsters in my life, received a plenty of monster requests - and the only ones I turned down was making a Ganesha ( a Hindu god ) because I did not like the idea of people being able to shoot at someone who is worshipped as a good being ). But when it comes to shooting at beings that generally represent evil...I dont mind that.

Gaia74

Post by Gaia74 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:54 am

madcat wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:44 am
I think there is no reason why would Christians ( or any other believers ) find Doom inappropirate more than any other videogame..
This, there is no reason why being a Christian prevents you from playing something if you know that it does not affect your religion at all, for example, I am a Christian and my project is based on various parts of the Christian religion, containing sacred items and biblical angels n.n

Laggy Blazko
Forum Regular

Post by Laggy Blazko » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:45 am

doom is fun gaem

dannymears
New User

Post by dannymears » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:06 am

Really cool to hear your thoughts guys!
Gaia, what's your project for? It sounds really interesting!

Gaia74

Post by Gaia74 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:59 pm

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:36 pm

Yeah, I personally never thought there was anything wrong with enjoying Doom and being a Christian. I don't understand why many Christians hate this game either, maybe because of the violence but even then a lot are just fine with Counter Strike (in which you kill humans so technically it's worse?) and even Quake 3 and games like that so... dunno :p

Anyways, really cool to see others who think in a similar way!
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

dannymears
New User

Post by dannymears » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:29 am

Gaia74 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:59 pm
Still WIP but is here:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/kaiser-xiconoclast
Dude! This looks GREAT! Great work. Love the idea too.

retrokid104
New User
Clan: The Retro Zone
Clan Tag: (TRZ)

Post by retrokid104 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:21 pm

Hey! This is a cool idea for a forum thread. Good to know there’s followers of Jesus even here in Doom.
Retrokid104
His friends call him Retro
MM8BDM Gondola Classes Clan Host